1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would Yellowing prevent you from buying your Dream BJD?

Dec 28, 2011

1. As long as the item is honestly represented...I once bought a head that was labelled "no yellowing".
      I specifically bought that head to match a new body from the same company.

But when it arrived it was as yellow as a banana. that really bothered me.

2. Not at all! As a matter of fact, my dream doll is second hand(?) and she's white skin that's yellowed but it suite her face up well. As long as it yellowed evenly that's fine, I guess the bottom line is how badly do you want that doll.

3. I don't really have a dream doll but if there was a doll that I did really like and its at a very good price than yeah I would buy it even if its yellowed.

4. I would not let it stop me, unless it was really bad or uneven.
      I accept yellowing as a natural thing that happens to dolls. It's gonna happen wether we like it or not, so I won't let it bother me. But I would do my best to prevent further yellowing. You can't keep it from happening, but you can reduce it by keeping the doll right.

5. I would totally not buy a BJD that's nown to yellow. I try to keep everything I have in mint condition, and if it's out of my control- I'd go crazy! Same goes for clothes that stains, I'd leave mine naked when I'm not dressing them, out with them, or taking pictures.

6. All BJDs will yellow eventually. There's no way to prevent it, even if the doll never sees daylight. There are steps you can take to slow down the process, but you will never be able to stop it. It's one of the properties of resin.

7. If she were my dream doll I'd completely go for her, especially since the yellowing sounds minor. And honestly that's probably A+ condition for a resin doll that's five years old.

As a fellow picky parent I understand your hope to get your dolls in the best condition you can. Just don't let Suigintou steal your Roza Mystica :) .

8. I think how a doll is kept/treated by her previous owner is the most important thing. Volks resin, at least the ones I have and I have some that are at least 9or 10 yrs old, mellows very nicely. I love the patina that they acquire, but then none of mine are a beauty white.

Ask the owner if she could photograph the doll with newer volks doll of the same resin color. That may let you know how much the color has changed. (If the yellowing is even, you'd probably never really notice.)

9. No. I know that no matter what, the doll will yellow over time. I wouldn't let it stop you from aquiring one of your dream dolls.

10. for a long time i thought that it would affect my decision
      but as of recently i found out i was wrong my best friend put up her CP EL and he was from the original delf beauty white so he had turned into beauty green but as you can see by my avatar i couldnt say no..
      so no yellowing wouldnt stop me from buying my dream doll

11. If it's only a little yellowing then it probably wouldn't be a big deal. Heck, some dolls actually look better with a little yellowing, from what I've seen.

In my case, if it's not sold anywhere else anymore, and is my dream doll, then I absolutely have to have it, yellowing or not. If I can't find it anywhere else then I'll take what I can get.

12. No, never. Especially if it were an older doll like Suigintou (who also happens to be one of my dream dolls, funny that), yellowing is just to be expected. It honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest. I currently own a yellowed Unoa faceplate and I still adore her. :aheartbea

13. Nope, I'm a weirdo, and I like yellowed dolls. ^^ But because I'm a stickler about taking care of my own, they stay in their boxes or in the closet, and never see the light. My Volks old f-12 was a dream doll of mine, and though I really wanted her in normal skin, I was happy to snatch her up in yellowed white skin, and I really like it. So, I would like to get a chance at owning a yellowed doll, since mine won't be for another many years.

14. It surely would not! Even if the doll were highlighter yellow, I would still get it. xD There's always a way around it, such as airbrushing, so yellowing would definitely not be a problem. Honestly, though, I got my dream doll first and when I first got him, I was upset that he was like paper white, but after three years, he's gots some yellowing and I honestly prefer it. xD

15. Uhh, well, if I was faced with the same sircunstances as you [Dream doll that is a few years old and is not being made anymore by the company] then a little yellowing wouldn't bother me so much that I wouldn't want to buy it.
      But if I had the chance to buy it new or brand new second hand, then I would rather buy a more expensive doll that hasn't yellowed.
      I am a bit picky about this too. Yellowing does bother me a little. [I don't care that much if my dolls yellow over time, but I don't really want to buy an already yellowed doll, one of the reasons being because I want to make hybrids and certain parts yellowing differently does bother me].

16. No not at all. I hardly notice the yellowing and have bought a couple of dolls that were listed as yellow. My first doll was bought new many years ago and now I see her and she is this creamy sort of yellow.

It makes me feel a little sad like she is getting old but I would never trade in her body for a new one.

17. If it were my dream doll, and especially if it was hard to find, I wouldn't let the yellowing bother me at all. It's just a color!

18. One of my dolls, my Narea, is (or more accurately was) pinky French resin, purhcased on the MP here on DoA. The seller mentioned the uneven yellowing but I didn't care at the time because I love her adorable face. Over time, tho, the yellowing bugged me, so I spent hours sanding her and she's her even. I learned recently that I'm far more bothered by seams, but that's another thread ;-D n I'm clearly in the camp of not letting a little yellowing stop you from buying your dream doll.

19. I wouldn't care if the doll was half neon green. I never keep my guys out of any light and one is already horribly unevenly yellowed, but he's never undressed so it doesn't matter. I think if a dolly I got was horribly yellowed I'd actually appreciate it more as that doll may have been more places and done more things. I love items with a story!

I know I mentioned in other threads but even the lens of the human eye yellows with age, making it harder to see purple in your later years. It just happens, things yellow.

20. Perhaps. Getting a doll is a large investment.