1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a custom fullset?

Nov 28, 2017

?
  1. yes!

38 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no! (please tell me why in the comments)

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. not if the doll was already available as a fullset.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. maybe? (please tell me why)

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
    1. The PARTICULAR custom full-set I drool over at the moment is the Dr. Strange one - OMG that is sooo awesome!

2. @Teleri I cry when I see it lol that price!! But it's so tempting:D
      And yes I would by a custom fullset, I am already sitting on my hands almost to keep myself from hitting the "buy it now" button lol

3. Oh wow, the Doctor Strange one is amazing! The sculpt is perfect!

I'm glad to hear all you guy's thoughts on this! I've thought about the custom commissioned full set option too.... Keep the comments coming!

4. Doctor Strange! I did love that one too. Not to mention the movie see if anyone hasn't yet!

5. Yeah, the Doctor Strange is amazing! I'd keep him as a fullset--although it would be fun to see him in other outfits, too!

I have a ton of full-sets. Some I keep dressed as fullsets, but others I don't and will swap out nearly everything that came with them.

I love seeing Val Zeitler's dolls, and Marbled Halls dolls... Val's sell out so quickly that I haven't got any (although I have a sort-of Val Zeitler... Dollstown with Val faceup and outfit). I like them because of the artist's vision.

But most of my dolls I tend to tweak a bit, even if I've bought them as full-sets.

6. Yeah, Dr. Strange...that is a whole other affair. If I had some extra cash, I would get him in a heartbeat. But isn't he a company fullset?

Anyways, as it stands now, I have to solve that missing spot in my crew in another way...he is anyways 10 cm too tall. And I would be much too afraid to play with him. The only thing I would do with him is to stare at him and think "OMG, he is sooo perfect". Which would be perfectly fine with me. But like I said...no funds for the man.

7. No because the style and look I imagine for my dolls aren't similar to what is out there. The full sets are gorgeous but I've never seen one that I had to have. I'd rather build my doll's look myself.

That being said, I have to agree about the Dr. Strange doll. In his case, his character is already established so the set works for me. But otherwise, I'm not interested in them but I'm not opposed to having one someday if it was really calling to me.

8. I would! The problem is the cost. They are already pricey enough as it is and now add custom face work and clothing and whatnot...

9. I might, if I liked the style of the faceup and clothes. I'm a fan of full sets, even though I usually do different eyes/wig/custom faceup to "make it mine". But I always keep my full set items that belong with my dolls, I think they are fun to play with even if I don't have them in certain items all the time.

10. Assuming I had the money, I might. I know that customization and shelling characters is a huge part of this hobby, but sometimes a doll just really captures my imagination as is and I can't stop thinking about them until I buckle down and purchase them. I can't think of a particular reason that kind of doll couldn't be a OOAK fullset, so I answered "maybe," though it obviously hasn't happened yet. =)

11. Fullsets just aren't for me, whether from a doll company or custom, so I voted no. Not that I don't think they can look amazing, but I'm into BJDs for the crafting, so I almost never buy wigs/clothes/etc. even as separates let alone as a full package.

12. If I'm in love with doll - I might buy it) No matter who will make full-set for it.

13. It depends on both the price and how much I love it :)

14. I voted no, because what I love the most in this hobby, it's building everythings that surround the doll : Clothing, character, make-up sometimes ... So, I guess I just can't buy a fullset Doll because of that.

15. I might if the fullset was to my tastes and was a good price. It would have to be a doll I like and don't already own but I am very particular for the style of the dolls I want.

16. I put maybe. It would have to be exactly what I was looking for and a reasonable price range. I find some fullsets can be less expensive than putting it all together myself depending on what I have in mind.

17. Although I have been tempted by some limited edition fullsets, I've never purchased like a one-off artist fullset or the ilk. My only doll that was a basic fullset was my first doll because I was too chicken to face-up and sew for my dolls when I first started in this hobby.

But now that a lot of my joy in the hobby comes from making my own way with my crafty skills, it's a lot harder to sell me a fullset than before. It would have to be like..... exactly my aesthetic and made up of things I do not like to sew myself or cannot sew for myself in a way I like (i.e. like how Freedom Teller takes all my monies...).

18. if its a doll id only have to tweak a little... YES!

19. i love cute fullsets

20. I voted no, because the customizing is the biggest part of the hobby for me. It would be a very soft ‘maybe’ if I found a full-set I absolutely HAD to have, but that’s not really a thing I’m tempted to do often.