1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy broken or damaged dolls, from the company?

Sep 4, 2008

1. I would say C, I'm such perfectionist when it comes to my dollies <3

Also, I think it would lower the trust te companyhad. I mean if they had a long list of broken or defective dolls I would be scared from buying from them in case they broke!

2. I personally don't see any good side in purchasing broken dolls, of course unless you're good at repairing and fixing bjds (Which isn't the case for everyone)
      Let's not forget that what makes BJDS so awesome is their flexibility and the ability to pose, so selling failed bodies is a big NO NO to me. Moreover selling broken dolls simply shows a lack of care and negligence.

3. I'm going for A. However, the price would obviously have to be GREATLY reduced. You buy bags of misshapen chocolate for cheaper...

4. I think that for someone who doesn't have "real life" access to dolls (local doll meetups, a neighbor with one, etc) but is interested in buying one, buying pieces for cheap first would help give them an idea of what they'd be dealing with and how to take care of instead of dishing out -hundreds- at a time to risk whether or not they'd like the feeling and/or look of it. Especially since you can only tell so much from company photos.

Personally, I think it'd be a huge hassle for companies to post damaged dolls/pieces for sale on their site or even to ship them to a dealer to deal with. They'd have to take pics of everything and describe each piece individually, and keep track of which piece goes to whom and all that. But also at the same time, as said before by many others, I wouldn't mind having damaged/broken pieces to start practicing customizing on instead of on a perfectly good new doll. I know I don't trust myself to do faceups myself just yet.

Maybe someone should open up a damaged/broken pieces store somewhere so that people can see exactly what they're looking at. XD;

5. I would totally buy broken part from a company, but I agree that posting such items would be a hassle for a company. They'd have to do it almost as a grab-bag sort of sale, like you can buy a leg, but you won't know what's wrong with it. Broken dollies need good homes too!

6. Depending on what was wrong, I would love it. You could use it to practice on, or make a really interesting doll out of it... I could see the fun in that!

7. It depends on a lot of factors but probably yes.

8. B. For me it would depend on how the doll is broken. I think there are a lot of cool things one could do with a dis-colored doll or something like that. In fact, I'd love to get a second hand doll with a broken arm or leg. Then I could construct a prosthetic. :D

9. A. Yes! I'd love to! It's a great idea

ABSOLUTELY. I think there are so many people out there who love a good project, so why not? I understand some companies would worry about quality control, but there are so many dolls out there that get modded as it is.

With Unoas being sold as B Grade, it's essentially the same thing... & they do great business!

10. Depending on the damage it could be a great way to get a doll you can still work with at bargain prices. I mean think of if you were planning of making a hybrid, doing a heavy mod, or buying a different set of hands/feet anyway... It'd be a great deal. I know a lot of companies stray away from dark or unusual colors because of marbling and possible imperfections, but I feel something like that wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, especially since I mostly like fantasy and anthro dolls anyway.

11. I'm for A!
      I am such a scrimper... I much prefer to buy cheap things that I can do up. I would not mind at all if a doll was not in amazing quality.

12. It would depend on the doll and the discount for me. If it was a good discount and a doll I would be modding, then yes, I would buy a flawed doll. Otherwise, eh. I don't have that much time to dedicate to fixing a doll when I would rather get to enjoy it.

13. I think it would be a great idea for people who know (or learn) how to "repair" the defects the dolls would come with. Especially if it means less waste.
      I would not buy a broken doll though, because I wouldn't know how to fix it, and also because I don't like the idea of getting something broken.

14. I think that'd be fantastic! Personally I don't think I'd buy a broken doll but if I could have a tan doll for 75% off because of severe marbling and bubbles I would buy one in a heartbeat!

15. As long as it is discounted, that is a great idea! Plus it could help people to purchase the doll they want for less money if they can't afford an undamaged one.

16. I would absolutely definitely buy "factory seconds" dolls from companies if they were marked and discounted. Half because I love fixing and modding, but also half because I would definitely 100% worry that they would otherwise feel sad and unloved........ (I'm 28)

17. I would totally buy the rejected dolls! As long as they were priced reasonably of course! I've always thought that it's such a waste to just throw them away, and wondered what a company's response would be if I requested the defective dolls.