1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy dolls modded to look like your favourite Character?

Jan 7, 2007

1. I wouldn't, I don't really like any celebrities, but I wouldn't mind having a bjd modeled after a video game character..

2. No;p But I might a feature I like about a celebrity, that is a haircut or tatoo.

3. I'd be like "HOMG P!ATD DOLL! *spaz*" But I'd much rather buy my intended doll crew first before that ^_^

4. i would buy an estella and make her a mini Angelina Jolie :)

5. well this got brought back from the dead X'D;
      changed the questions cause celebs seemed to be a no >:

6. <---- hee hee hee Ichigo! :)

7. I would, but I prefer to make them look like them myself. Or else they wouldn't be unique. D=

8. I really dont fallow celebs. But if my doll was modded after one i would feel in away that the doll would be less of a creative outlook of me. If that makes any sences

9. I have Catherine on the way. She's a UH-13. Tell me she doesn't look like Catherine-Zeta Jones!? ANd always and forever planning Wu as Gackt. Because I would so worship him. Other than that anime characters are more my style. ^__~

10. My Wu looks just like a teenaged Dennis Waterman cause that exactly who I wanted him to look like ;)

11. Part of me would love a Ville Vallo doll, but most of me wouldn't want to do much with him, let alone hug or love on him. That would be too wierd. Maybe a BJD that looked like him but has their own personality and character. I would do a 1:6 of him, but that would be a display type. I guess its because BJDs are such little people!

12. I have a doll that is strongly influenced by David Bowie's character, Jareth, in Labyrinth, more of an interpretation than a strict likeness. Same thing goes for Frank, an interpretation of Frank in Rocky Horror. I definitely like character likenesses. I prefer to do mods myself or work closely with someone who's very responsive to what I want.

--MW

13. Nope....I don't have any particular celebrity that I'd actually want to model a doll after. Now there are a definitely few novel characters or anime characters that I wouldn't mind modelling a doll after. But I doubt I'll get around to doing that...

14. I love modding dolls, so if I wanted a celeb/non-original character doll I'd probably be more likely to do it myself than buy one already finished. The only thing I send dolls out for is faceups, because I can't pain worth a dime. But the rest, I've got covered.

15. Heh, I'd love to model a doll into a miniature Severus Snape (Harry Potter), but as far as I know there are no bjd's with crooked noses and me and clay don't really go well together. :( It would end up with me covered in clay and the doll headless do to my clumsiness. :sweat
      On the other hand, I'd love to do make-up. (I never tried it before, but that is besides the point.:sweat ) I just need to feel the texture of the dolls face (to know what material I'm working with) and some practice (with the pencils and brushes) and time. If I can draw with a steady hand, I can do make-up. :lol: (Heh, I make it sound so easy...:sweat *_* )

16. Eh heh.... I've rather jumped the gun on this one...
      I'm having a doll modded to be my ALL TIME favorite character ever, Fran, from FFXII... You can check out my sort of thread on it here:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105742

It was originally a help me style her wig thread, but now I just update it with news on the doll...

17. I bought matches, elfdoll K, because he was originally intended to look like Christian Bale... and in the end he looks like a cross between Klay Scott and Christian Bale- who are the only two RL guys outside of my husband, D, that I find attractive... I'm more a sucker for video game or novel characters. XD I guess I could throw a curly wig on poor matches and then he really would be a mix of all three!

18. My first doll is supposed to be a look a like of a celeb. . . . XD
      I would love to buy a mold who's just like that celeb! O__O

19. Nope....I'm not really big on celebs.

20. I'd love to get a set of the Tenders zens from Dream of Doll and make them the twins (Hikaru and Kaoru) from Ouran High host club. Just love those two...

DMM