1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy dolls modded to look like your favourite Character?

Jan 7, 2007

1. Oh, I think one of the mini's would make a super cute Zidane from Final Fantasy 9. My husband said he'd get a girl one if he could make it look like Lum from Urusei Yatsura or Shampoo from Ranma 1/2. ^_^

2. I never keep up with most celebs. I don't care at all about that culture. BUT, if I had to do it for a living person, it would be a member of Morning Musume: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MM_32th.jpg

I would be more likely to do it based on a comic or cartoon character. Arnold is already sort of modeled after the Arnold from the old cartoon Hey Arnold! He just needs a new wig and an outfit to match :)

3. I wouldn't want one modded on purpose like that, I don't really like most the current celebrities.

4. Well, I *am* doing my twins after all, Aedan and Astra from City of Heroes....love to get Seraphim from Secret Worlds and I know JUST what doll would work for her too...Dollzone Linlan....must make money fall from the sky somehow.

5. Okay, I can answer the second question myself, yes.
      And here is why:

I'm saving up to buy a body from MisticUnicorn that has the fox-clawed hands, a small labrador-like tail, and hooves.

Why?

Because I've also just ordered a Minimee love size doll head that looks like a female Draenei ^^.
      Yes, I will be getting a Draenei doll!
      I plan to dye her blue, paint her hooves black, and then get her a fantastic airbrushed face-up.
      I will be modding the tentacles onto her neck behind her ears.

Anyways, when I saw Misticunicorns thread for her anthro-fox/horse BJDs, I couldn't pass up the chance...

For those of you that don't know, this is a female Draenei:

[​IMG]

So, am I a freak, or has anyone else wanted or thought of getting a World of Warcraft doll?

6. Yeah, that's nerdy, but nerdy's cool :D I think it's a fantastic plan and I can't wait to see pictures! The Draenei are my favorite race, they're lovely.

7. I am sure others would want to make a WoW doll..but I don't think I would. :sweat Maybe it's because I don't play...Great Idea though~

8. Sweet... glad I'm not alone. I've made a 1/6th of my main, a female Troll hunter.. but I really want her in resin BJD form.
      Can't wait to see your Draenei.. that'll be awesome!

9. I'm working on a Blood Elf head, I would love to have a female orc but getting a whole doll green would be tough.
      I find online games to be very inspiring to the doll making process. So many fun races and ideas!
      FOR THE HORDE!!!!

10. Well im a horde player on onyxia myself, but i would love to have a blood elf or Night Elf ball joint doll. I dunno about those Dranei tho... I like to pwn them!!!

11. WooHoo!!! I can't wait to see your head! Are you a blood elf too? I just love the way the blood elves look. I would love to get a blood elf head and then have a really nice mage outfit made! Please do post pics when you are done. ^_^

12. Lol, Y'all Hordians...
      I like Blood Elves Alot too, but I am just head over heels in love with Draeneis...
      I have a blood elf chara though, maybe someday I will resinize her as well ^^

13. I had to quit the game shortly after the x-pac came out :(
      Between work and it I wasn't working on dolls at all, and for me the dolls come first. If only I could quit my job and play WoW and paint dolls full time!!

I had a blood elf I had gotten to 12 so sad.

edit: I played the game in a sad way for over a year. My boyfriend platyed too and we would spend our whole weekend together online questing. Then it was the hardcore raiding, then it was avoiding friends and family for the game. I think it is amusing when I look back :D

14. I recently gave up a really bad WoW addiction, but I think a WoW BJD would be great! I can't wait to your results.

15. I named my BE and Draenei after my dolls! lol, my boyfriend told me to as a joke, but then when Ryung wasn't taken, I just HAD to try Wujee. I was thinking for a con i might make them cosplay with my gear. Wujee looks close enough to a Bloodelf for me. She has a default blond wig and a long narrow nose, so it works for me. And I thought the Draenei girls had the same attitude/vibe ryung did.

I'm also going to gouge out the cheeks of an anime obitsu head and try to make my main, an undead rouge. If it works then I'll do it to a Haruka, and get custom made yellow eyes. I was thinking about it, but what pushed me over the edgewas seeing the perfect moss green wig by Azizza(sp?) on ebay. It was a sign from god.

16. If I could find one that was the spitting image of Hatake Kakashi from Naruto I'd probably snatch it up in a heart beat. lol :love

17. I've actually wanted to make Apothecary Keever on the Horde side in WoW into a doll XD I haven't gotten around to it yet--I'd have to figure out how to remove his jaw and that's way too much work for me.

I also really wanted to make a doll out of the demon hunter guy in Azshara <3 He's handsome lol

18. Maybe a character personality some actor/actress played in a movie or better yet a character from a favorite fictional work!:3nodding:

19. A Lum would be adorable! :aheartbea (She and Shampoo both seem to have hair that would be relatively easy to recreate in wig form, too.) I'd also be amused to see a Mousse, or a Tsubasa Kurenai (although it might be hard to find him a washing machine costume...that's one you'd probably have to make from scratch... :lol:)