1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy dolls modded to look like your favourite Character?

Jan 7, 2007

1. *resurrects old thread*

Anyone actually get around to having a WoW dollie? XD I'm in the process of saving for my BIG project, my troll mage Shula~ I couldn't resist it after I actually made him in-game; he'd been running around in my head for months but my computer couldn't handle the game itself. Now that it can, though...*insert wicked troll laugh here*

2. I know I spied Weslie's Draenei head preview pictures over in MisticUnicorn's thread, so I believe she at least has Dranei heads XDD (see here )

And with Soom's Beryl, a few of the people in the waiting thread mentioned being WoW geeks, so one or two of the incoming Beryls might end up either as Draenei or Succubus minions for warlock characters, hehe

3. Nice~ I just hope they can get the tusks right for mah troll, mon. XD

And yeah, Beryl would make a sweet Draenei. Wouldn't mind seeing her in the Succubus outfit, though~ ^o^/

4. T.T I was thinking that this thread was more minime.

-secretly wants an Indiana Jones doll-

5. I'd only want a anime/video game character doll if was a character I liked for which there was no merchandise, like Zappa from Guilty Gear. I don't think he'd translate to bjd form very well though. I wouldn't want a huge doll of him either.

[​IMG]

6. They made a thread for celebrity Minimees. XD *too lazy to link*

And Mazouko, you win for Guilty Gear love~

7. Im resurrecting this thread again to say they already made my fav celebrity but I dont have the will to purchase him for his price. Thats Lee MinWoo from Shinhwa. Oh man he's such a fox. Sometime I will pick one up, but until then Im holding off.

8. I currently dont have anyone in mind. . .
      But maybe in the near future.

9. There's really only one character I would love to see done, but I don't think she could ever be done well. I'd love to see someone do a more realistic version of Utena from Shoujo Kakumei Utena.

10. I really don`t think I would.
      I mean, I could appreciate other peoples ones, but I wouldn`t want one for myself.

11. Gosh, I think I certainly would after just seeing a mini-me of Brandon Lee in the gallery today! I do have a doll that already looks amazingly like Ishida Uryu from Bleach and I haven't even done much besides get a similar wig, eye color and glasses. Next will have to be one of his outfits and a bow and arrow. He's actually my favorite character besides the fantastic looking Grimmjow (ooh!) so it's all good. I don't really like too many real life celebrities so I personally wouldn't want one of those but I'll make an exception for that Brandon Lee doll which was just "wow!" As far as anime or video game characters for dolls, I'd like to see more made:)

12. Wow, you can tell this thread came about before the Minimee project. :XD:

The answer being maybe, depending on the mod and how it was presented. It'd have to be a very special character to usurp my current [huge!] list right now. Doesn't mean it can't happen though.

13. I would not.... I think BJDs are made to be creations of the mind of the owner.... not some guy you can see on TV XP

If I did buy one it would be a fictionnal one and only be used as a figurine.... and even that I am not really into XP

14. I woulnd mod a doll, nor purchase one, that is bassed after a real celeb because then my doll wouldn't be individual - it would be a carbon copy.

Now, I would (and I plan on doing) bassing/modding a doll on an character that I created that way I now she will be one of a kind and would hold special meaning to me.

That's just my two pennies tho lol

15. I don't know--I really like my dolls (thusfar) to be original and unique characters--having a doll based off of a character that already existed, ESPECIALLY one that I didn't modify myself, would be almost disappointing.
      :/ I think dollie-cosplay is fun, but I would want to think of my babies like that all the time!

16. I don't think I would. I'm not much for obsessing over a certain game/anime/ect. character. My OCs on the other hand ... XD
      I might make an exception for a character from WoW, Elder Scrolls and such though because you make your own :D

17. I don't mind that there are such dolls, but I would never have one. I like that my dolls are all based off of original characters of mine, not someone elses'.

18. I guess I wouldn't really want a celebrity doll...mainly because it would make me feel like a creep. It would be difficult for me to be inspired by something that already exists as well...if that makes any sense. I feel the need to build from nothing.

19. Celeb dolls are a little freaky for me as well. I'd much rather not have a resin version of a wax museum.

As for modding for shows... to be honest I haven't seen any totally stunning dolly cosplay or even official-collab character dolls that look like the character to me. I do purchase pvc figures now and then and I think those do a much better service to the anime/manga/game characters that they represent than bjds ever will. It doesn't translate to dolls, somehow, even if the dolls are the more anime/stylized type.

Plus, I'm simply not interested enough in any celeb/character to want to spend hundreds of dollars on an icon of that person.

20. Since the Minimees have already come along there are plenty of dolls of celebrities. Weirdly enough though I only find myself attracted to the ones I'm not familiar with. The western celebs aren't quite right (I know there's only supposed to be an 80% likeness) but some of the Asian guys knock me out. Since I'm not into Asian fandom I have no idea who these guys are but the sculpts themselves are fantastic & I could easily see myself buying one of them.

As for having a BJD of a favorite book character, well that would be difficult. I have distinct ideas of how the characters look & would find that hard to translate into any currently available doll. Some of my dolls do borrow certain characteristics from my favorites even though they're actually completely different characters.