1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy dolls modded to look like your favourite Character?

Jan 7, 2007

1. <.< ^.^ >.> v.v @.@ I would love a Jhonny Depp doll with character accessories from his movies. Then I'd have all my fav characters in one doll to love and molest woot! But dont tell anyone I said that I'll deny it! *laughs* Altho I truely do love Jhonny Depp and his movies. Yes even the one where he plays a drugged up old bald guy.

2. YES if it look like the character just jump out of my tv.

3. well I'm buying my dolls to resemble characters I've created (in drawings) and I've used these characters for story writing. I still created these characters so I think my dolls will be original.

4. Modded to look alike....no thanks. For me the personality I see in the doll is much more important than the outward resemblance...

So the character may look like a grumpy middle aged man, but if I know that he's actually kind and mischevious I'l get a doll that looks kind and mischevious...and nothing like the original :lol:

Still, the only thing that counts is what I see in them, isn't it? XD

5. First off, let me just say that I don't mind if people own celeb Minimees or have modded/sculpted a doll after a celeb. In fact, I love realistic dolls, so I love the look of some of them.

With that said... I myself would not, ever, for any reason, own a doll sculpted and made (wig, eyes) to be someone famous. It just feels weird to me, to have a doll that looks so much like someone I "know" (even if I don't personally KNOW hem.) I would always think "What if this person found out? What if someone had a doll of ME? How would I feel?"

I wouldn't mind having certain celebs in my room if they ever felt the inclination to be there *cough*heytheredemetrimartin!*cough*, but... having a doll of them is a totally different thing.

6. I saw a limited edition tanned doll (unfortunately, when my computer died, so went my bookmarks, so I no longer know who or where...) that looked scarily like Sendhil Rammamurthy (from Heroes). So of course I had a moment of total fangirly WANT, but he was sold out by the time I stumbled upon him.

I don't think I'd go so much for the modding, but I would buy a doll that reminded me of a favourite character from something (more likely a character than an actor).

=^__^=
      Anneko

7. Hmmm I might consider that. ;) lol

8. I have thought about getting a minimee head of say one of the hunks I love from Fruits Basket, but not sure how that would be created in clay. Would he look different, would I still think he looks handsome? Also would he work on body I had in mind? To many ifs to put out the funds. As for movie stars I gave up on that as either to much like them would need face up perfect or if a slight resemblance would I be happy or disappointed. So best I pass all around.

9. if it was done well I definately would!!

10. Not really. I don't have a problem with my dolls having something that a favorite character would wear, but to look exactly like someone else, I don't think I could do it.

11. sure ^^

i'd love to have a doll look like korean stars. especially i think i'd be unique and nice ^^

i must feel good to have a doll that only U have

12. Oh yeah. I would want one. Anyone looking as good as Liam Neeson can't be bad. :drool:nosebleed:aheartbea

- ShadowHawke -

13. I just finished up turning a badly damaged Unoa plate into Ichigo from Bleach and I'd say the response has definitely been positive. So, the answer is yes! You just need to pick a subject that has a bunch of people passionate about him/her/it.

14. Hmm... I don't play WoW, but I've been an avid DnD'er in my time, and a couple of my characters would probably make for good doll concepts I suppose... but that's pretty different, since there's not any image of them outside of sketches I make.

Before falling in lurve with the sculpt I'm now saving up for, though, I spent a lot of time looking for a manly looking doll with ears that were (in relation to his head, of course) human-sized, but still pointy. Sadly, no doll had that Joe Flannigan-able look... but someday I do want to build the SGA team.

=^__^=
      Anneko

15. I am actually thinking about getting a doll that looks like my roleplaying character. ^^'...

Anyone got any good ideas for a mold for a tall werewolf, Irish, palepale skin, with freckles? Looks a little (lot) like Bartek Borowiec? :P

16. I've actually contemplated buying the outfits and wigs to make my dolls into Anime characters I love. My first idea was to make my guy doll into mello before the burns. :) I think it would be a great idea. The problem with me is even if it were worth a lot I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell it.

17. Maybe this is strange, but while I wouldnt want to have a doll that looks like a celebrity or movie character, I wouldn't mind having one that looks like myself!

Seriously... how crazy would it be to have a doll that looks like you at the age you'd like to remember? It would be like a keepsake photograph, but 3-D.

I may actually do this someday... -_-'

18. Nah, I don't think I would.

I prefer my own versions, even if they look nothing like the character they're supposed to be based on :sweat

19. I dont have a favorite celebrity, so no.

But i would want to buy a doll that looks like my favorite character from harry potter/twilight/lucky star etc.

20. I would definatly buy a doll thats been modified to look like Heath Ledgers Joker ive been imagining that for a long time now.