1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy dolls modded to look like your favourite Character?

Jan 7, 2007

1. I would definatly by dolls modded to look like my OC's, that would be amazing, since i'm not that good at customizing myself

2. I think to order a minimee is more preferable - the face will be of that exact character or celebrity. But buying modded doll is good thing too, I guess.

As for me, I'd rather order a minimee than mod a doll to make character doll.

3. Not really ^^ I prefer choosing dolls from their mould :)

I don't really have characters for my dolls anyways :sweat

4. Of course. I'd totally buy a doll that would be my favorite video game character(Roxasss <3). That's a definite yes, and to the favorite anime character for sure(Eureka from Eureka 7).<3 That would be, to me, an amazing thing to get.. considering it shows what you love, other than just a doll you picked by choice(for example would be my dream of doll, Haruka).

5. Yes! : D ...I'm...kind of saving for one of them now...OTL I'll have to sand her nose(lol maybe get someone else to do it :'D) and add a scar. I'd send her to someone for mods but I dunno what I'd be more paranoid about-ME screwing it up or someone ELSE screwing her up X'D I'm more worried about her outfit-commissioning a skin tight catsuit for an EID woman ...fun(in a totally expensive sort of way :T)

6. Can't think of a celeb that I would want to buy a doll of but will definitely continue buying DD and MDD based off my favorite characters.

7. I`d be only interested in dolls of the characters that live in my head :P Celebs don`t ring my bell and, as some people above said, I`d creep me out to have a doll looking like someone real. Same goes to minimee.

On a second thought, there is one exception. I`d prefer if the doll was made to resemble their old style tho.

8. I would. I have a whole band I want to get in doll form. The only other famous people i like wouldn't do well as dolls... (Robin Williams Doll anyone? XDD ) I have lots of characters from anime, manga, and books that i'd love to get (the Rozen Maidens, Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Lestat *>.> yes i have a doll named Lestat but he's not THE Vampire Lestat, he's just A Vampire Lestat DX* Louis, etc etc.)

But yes, If i could buy a doll that had been already modded to look like them, I would so buy them, even if i had to pay twice the amount of the regular doll, since I am weird like that and I think the person deserves it for saving me time doing it myself and most likely messing it up! ^^;;;

9. I don't think I would if they were famous people, but modded to look like OCs, then yeah, of course.
      It'd just feel weird looking over and seeing a copy of a celeb. But I totally understand why people would want one. :]

10. The mimi-mee's I 've seen (did I spell that right??) give me the creeps, either they don't look like the person or they look too much like the person. I agree that I would buy the doll and mod it myself..and it would be after someone in a book and therefore it would be MY interpretation. I would love to doll some dolls from the book Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman..Door would be one and the Marquee Carabas would be another.

11. OMG OMG OMG YES!!
      CELEBRITIES TOO!! i was going to do this audrey hepburn minimee thing but decided not on last minute and I want my first doll to look like Tom Kaulitz <3 <3 <3 <3 I'msooooo over obsessed with him it's not even funny. And a brendon urie doll?? CUTE!

12. I've thought quite a lot about making video game/anime characters out of future dolls but... (and by the way this sounds incredibly cheesy) as much as I'd LOVE to have some of my fave characters in doll-form, to me it's sort of like... forcing a different soul into the doll. Because I think they sort of have their own personalities so it might not work as well... Basically: I think I'd have more trouble bonding with a doll that I'd dressed as a different character. And it wouldn't be as much fun - you'd be more limited with the doll's personality... Haha, this has got to be the worst answer! :doh

13. I really like that Woo. U. from Ninodoll, but from what I saw from other doll owners, he doesn't really look like the celeb I liked. maybe it is just the way the picture was taken by the ninodoll company pictures. Or maybe it is because of the faceup, since Ninodoll doesn't offer faceups.

14. there is alot of actors i would choose... and alot of anime chars and some game chars... only thing is.... i would hog them all to myself lol.... but anywhoo yes yes i would buy ^_^

15. Personally I think that if you want a certain look for your resin child, the best way to go about it is doing it yourself, even if it takes a while. Im far from having mine look exactly like I want them, but I think doing it on my own is much more satisfying than getting it already like that. Its like working on your own car instead of having a shop do all the work for you. At the same time though, I understand some things you cannot do alone, like the MNM heads, or if you're just not skilled in a certain area, paying someone to help you along. But in the end, doing it yourself, instead of getting it that way is the route I'll always take!

16. Absolutely! I have modified my BJD to look like my favorite seiyuu and named them after them as well. ^^ So far, I've done 6 modified to resemble real life people (Japanese voice actors) --- Kisho Taniyama (my own) and then 5 for my sister --- Miyata Kouki, Fukuyama Jun, Kouna Hiroki, Keith Jack and Mr. Bingley/Simon Woods.

It's fun finding a good resemblance head and then really a labor of love in carving, sanding, filing and polishing them until you're happy with the lookalike-ness factor. ^^

And then making the 'mini' clothing! We have a lot of fun 'recreating' their clothing from photos and videos.

In fact, I don't even own any BJD that weren't mean to be a certain anime/game character or a seiyuu. ^^ All mine are character dolls or portrait dolls.

So, yes, I love making these types of bjd/dolls. ^^

17. Actually i made my doll after one of my manga characters. The only thing that makes the difference is the wig, because i didn't find one like the character's yet..

18. I'd love to see a Whoopi Goldberg...

19. My answer to this has always been no.

Until earlier today when I saw a doll that looked like Skwisgaar from Metalocalypse.

Now I want to buy him, and as well get two other dolls that look like Pickles and Toki.

So....I guess yes now. XD guess it just takes the perfect dollie for me.

20. i love the idea and i think its why the minimee heads do so well. It is kind of fun to paint them so they DON'T look like that mold but yet it is nice to know u can if i want. I have a couple and they look mature and masculine. I havent painted any to look like the mold cuz they are painted to look like guys from a fireman calendar (LOL) but i have one female and she is being painted to look like her mold. I can't wait!