1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy for your doll a wig of dog hair?

Aug 22, 2016

?
  1. May be

79 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Never

89 vote(s)
    53.0%
    1. as long as it's obtained humanely I'm all for it.

2. I remember a similar discussion about spinning and knitting with dog hair. "What if the sweater got wet and I'd end up smelling like wet dog." To which my answer was: "Ever stood next to a wet sheep?"
      Believe me, sheep and goats smell a LOT worse than most dogs. :XD:

Shedding means that dead hair is falling out of the skin. So in order to have a shedding dog wig, you would need to make it out of a piece of skin with hair attached to it.
      Some fur wigs for dolls are made that way, but I think most people would object to skinning dogs to make wigs. ;)

Cut dog hair would probably be as good as human hair for making wigs. You would need a longhaired breed, though, because you need quite a bit of length to attach the hair.

3. I have shelties, twice a year they blow their coat and I end up brushing about a whole dog out of them. I kind of want to try needle felting their undercoat sometime. Lord knows I have enough.

Other dog breeds, Yorkies and Poodles included, have continuously growning hair like humans to the point that they have normal trims to keep it under control unless they are show dogs who need the long coat for showing. A Yorkie who has their hair grown out for showing is hilarious when they aren’t in the ring, all tied up to stay pretty and out of the way.

I can’t see any reason dog hair would be any different from any other animal hair, other than texture. I don’t know about buying from somebody else, but it would be kind of funny to have a wig of some sort made from your own dog’s hair.

4. Maybe I think it depends on how good the actual wig looks