1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy multiple sizes of your favorite mold?

Apr 12, 2014

1. Yes, definitely! Love the SoulDoll Agnetha sculpt, but would like a different body or smaller one that's easier to find clothes for. Or maybe in a different color too...

2. It's a funny question because I have a mental rule about not buying two dolls with the same body, but nothing about heads! XD
      But if I did they wouldn't be the same character, they will have their own separate one. I was half considering getting a male minifee woosoo to get my Rowena a twin brother...

3. Personally, I find it really weird when people have multiples of the same doll, different sizes or not. But thats just my personal taste :)

4. I have a Luts Juri 2005 and I'm trying to purchase a Fairyland Juri Fp 2012 and a Juri MNF 2008. I do have a Fairyland Fp60 Juri Soony and a MSD Juri Soony and they have identical face ups. I have a MNF Ante and a Pukifee Ante and they look alike. I love multiple sculpt molds in different sizes. i love to make stories that they are the same character but at different ages. Loads of fun.

5. All sizes of Migidoll Ryu?? Bring it on.

6. If the sculpt would have a little difference. Say if the larger size represent older ages of the sculpt and the smaller ones would be the younger version, then yes. If it's the exactly the same only smaller or larger then no. It would 't really fit the world that I have thought for the characters of my dolls.

7. I'm not sure if I'd buy multiple sizes of my favourite mold, so far I haven't been interested yet. I do love a certain mold that I'm dying to obtain but I just want it in one size. The size that I think looks best and is more suited for me. No use for me to own it in multiple sizes. Deciding on the size is hard though so who know when I pick wrong I might order the same sculpt in a different size as well.

BJD life is full of tough decisions, haha~

8. Maybe for a parent and child. Otherwise, no. That's me personally, though. But I do enjoy seeing when others depict younger versions of their current characters. It isn't necessary for my storylines, so there's no point in getting younger versions of my dolls for me.

9. I've totally done this. Not as the same character, and sometimes I'll have characters that are related (Delf Moon twins, Delf Lishe and her "little sister" Littlefee Lishe) but sometimes they aren't. I just get really attached to certain little faces and I love that there are different sizes of them.

10. the age thing would be cool, but for me I think I would jut do it for a sibling or mother/father, something like that. but the age thing would be great for story telling if you collect alot of bjds

11. I tend to see each doll as it's own entity, despite the mold. I just feel some sculpts are better suited to smaller sizes and others to mature ones. FL dolls are the best progression I've seen for "growing up" their sculpts, but I think Ante looks best as a tiny, and Lishe looks best mature. But if they ever make any more Miyu sculpts, that might change ^_^

12. I would love to get my hands on a yo-sd version of my Volks Nana... There's something about the 4 sisters mold that I really adore :)

13. I stick to about 1/6 scale with my dolls so I'd probably pass on it. It would be neat to see something bigger or miniaturized but my enjoyment would come from seeing what other people did with theirs.

14. I'd love to see a Littlefee Miyu! They've got El, Lishe, Chloe, Ante, etc in all three sizes, I think it'd be awesome if they did the same for Miyu.

15. I am planning on getting an MSD sized Doll Family H Linfeng and I already have two SD sized ones. The MSD is going to be the son of one of the others and is sort of his little look alike. I love that they made the smaller doll so I can finally cast the character. I have been looking for five years for this guy and I'm so happy that I have an chance to get him.

16. I see all my dolls as unique so I don't think I could :(

17. I have collected Sooney in different sizes and I have a Luts Juri 2005 and I've been searching for a MNF Fairyland Juri 2008 (my grail) for a long time.

18. I would absolutely buy every size of a doll I was obsessed with! Delf AES is my grail, and I have one head and a full doll on layaway, but I also have plans to get a MNF Soo and mod her to match my AES and get her a matching face up. I also think I'll get a MNF Miyu to go with my Delf Miyu at some point! I sincerely hope that the ongoing dispute between Fairyland and Luts goes toward Fairyland making a F60 Angel Elf Soo. I don't know if it will every happen, but a girl can dream.

19. Depends. For instance, I really love my YoSD Kira and if Volks were to release a 1/4 scale version of her I'd def' add her to my collection.

20. Yes! I absolutely love the Bory sculpt from Luts, so I have a Kid Delf (40cm) version now and ordered the Senior65 Delf version on layaway ^^