1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you ever buy an outfit for your bjd that costs more than the doll itself?

Oct 24, 2010

1. Nope then i rather buy another doll :lol:

2. No I usually won't pay over 20 bucks for one article of clothing. Or I sew something for them.

3. One of the main reasons I got a BJD after years of thinking about it was for sewing. I am a a novice seamstress but I think I can make pretty nice outfits for them! I only spend the cost of materials, and sometimes people buy me material as gifts. I also recycle material from old clothes, people like togive me their old stuff and see what I can make with it. I also got into the hobby for faceups, but I feel like I've hit a plateau without an airbrush.

4. I wouldn´t buy but maybe I would sew her by my self. No I don´t belive I would do that. Those materials and details. <3 But no.

5. Hell no. I'd just buy another doll at that point. I am super cheap about my dolls' clothes, lol.

6. I have very inexpensive dolls, and then I went and bought them secondhand. So, it would be very easy to buy an outfit that cost more than the dolls themselves. But, as of right now, I don't think I would. Most of the outfits I look at cap off at $60 or so dollars. My most expensive doll was $140, and the least expensive was $110. I would NEVER pay more than $100 for an outfit, and even at $100, it better be a very elaborate multi-piece outfit of good quality.

7. Yes I would. I have before, many times, and I would do so again if one came up that I wanted that much. There are a few I eventually want which would cost much more than the doll I intend them for and that doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy spoiling the dolls I have more than buying new ones.

8. After much thought I would say yes. For me choosing the right style, clothes, accessories, eyes, wigs, etc, is as important as choosing the doll. If that means paying more on the outfit then the doll to be sure that it look exactly like I want, I'm ok with that. But I still wish my different concepts aren't going to cost that much, but most pieces will need to be custom made... -_-'

9. Maybe i would do it because if the outfir is nice i would like to get my doll look nice too. That outfit i want is so expensive and maybe it's not for sale anymore maybe used.

10. Maybe I don't know where to look, but I haven't seen any outfits yet that cost more than my dolls. My least expensive doll was still over $500. Except for a couple of auctions on really rare limiteds or really elaborate commissions maybe, I can't recall seeing outfits more than $300ish.

11. Oh, no. I would never spend thag much money on a set. The way I see it, I can buy multiple outfits with the same amount of money. It gives you more of a variety. I don't know, that's how I see it.

12. Simple answer: no, I would not. I prefer making the clothes myself, even if it would be difficult and/or the clothes wouldn't be as pretty or good in quality. But then again, I'm more of the do-it-yourself -kinda person xD

13. Is it 'right' to spend as much on an outfit as on a BJD?

Gah! Individual decision!!!! Why do people think there are all these unwritten RULES??? Please! Just do what you want if it's not breaking any laws or being nasty.

Can you tell I'm not into judging?

It's right to spend as much as you decide!

Would you be (or have you been) willing to spend as much on an outfit for your BJD as for the BJD itself? Why or why not?

I haven't done it so far, but... I have actually bought dolls to wear certain outfits--so that's about the same difference!

Why? Because I liked the outfits just THAT MUCH! If I didn't, then I wouldn't. And it depends on if I could afford doing this, too. It's really pretty simple.

If your answer is no, where do you draw the line?

I obviously don't have lines... aside from lack of money!

14. Is it 'right' to spend as much on an outfit as on a BJD?

Actually it depends on the person itself. We are different and we have different mindset of right and wrong in terms of some stuff. Sooooo... Some people may say yes and some may not. And of course they can do whatever they want with their precious dolls!

Would you be (or have you been) willing to spend as much on an outfit for your BJD as for the BJD itself? Why or why not?

Well NEVER would I buy clothes that cost as much or more than my doll. I don't think I can AND. I'll just get scolded by my parents. Lol

If your answer is no, where do you draw the line?

Maybe the highest I would go for an outfit would be $200 but only if it is really a beautiful piece or I commissioned it. :3