1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

would you ever take ur bjd with you on a roller coaster?

Aug 10, 2016

1. No, I wouldn't dream of taking my BJD's outside in a public space let alone a rollercoaster. Though resin isn't as fragile as some materials it isn't exactly durable either.

2. Hell no! Not only is zero reasons to take your doll on a rollercoaster but the chances of them falling and getting broken or getting broken from being squeezed between you and the safety restraints against intense gravity are very high.

3. I wouldn't think of doing so since the doll would probably end up going 'bye-bye' and flying through the air somewhere.... or if it isn't their body, maybe their wigs, headcaps, and there's no way I would considering doing that. In the first place, I don't like riding rollercoasters since they make me feel sick (and not in the nauseating way) but I feel as if I'm getting a high blood pressure from it.

4. No, because *I* would never get on a roller coaster. ("Get away from me, you evil contraption of death!1! :eek:")

5. Nope.
      I can't ride the roller coaster wearing my precious glasses, much less carrying an expensive doll of any size.

6. Oh good god no! I'd be so scared of parts falling off, breakage, dropping him/her...

7. Yeah, no. For those who think it'd be a cool image, I say: Photoshop!

My dolls' wigs fly off even when I'm just holding them and they have silicone wig caps on! I wouldn't even bring them to an amusement park--not even a tiny! (and I'm not all that precious with my dolls).

#27 april, Aug 19, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    8. Twenty different flavors of HELL no.

Putting aside the massive danger factors of having a loose object with you on a coaster and the high probability of something breaking/flying off/dropping, you couldn't PAY me enough to get near a rollercoaster. I get motion sick if you look at me funny, I'm not subjecting myself to guaranteed nausea! *_*

9. I like rollercoasters, but taking a bjd on one? EEEK! They'd break, or fall or loose pieces. My Fairyland tinies hands fall off just carrying them around the house!

10. No. I do remember taking a graphing calculator on roller coasters in my high school calculus class! XD I don't remember if we took them on the really big coasters though. Either way, the calculators belonged to the school so if something happened they could actually replace them. I can't replace my doll as quickly as a calculator, so no. ;)

11. I love roller coasters, but my dolls are far to valuable to risk damaging or losing something. I treat mine like collector items so I would never dream of bringing them to an amusement park, let alone with me on a ride XD

12. I would not put my SELF on a roller coaster, let alone bring anything along with me, doll or otherwise.

13. Nope. I don't like roller coasters. Well, I don't like the long wait for them.

14. Hmm it sounds too risky in my opinion (what if it falls??:aeyepop:) But I think doll owners can do whatever they want with their dolls, so I say why not if you really really wanted to?

15. If it was like, one of those lame state fair coasters, maybe. But definitely not any of the big ones. Too much being thrashed around.

16. nope

17. I would be to scared of dropping it.:aeyepop:

18. My kid has her own BJD, and she treats it as her most treasured possession. When we went to the amusement park I only spend my time looking at her, or at most go with her into the roller coasters that requires an adult. She has her BJD with her everywhere she goes, which means she did take it with her on some roller coasters before, however all of these are so slow and if she truly dropped it then would not be harmed due to the slow speed of the roller coasters and how close to the ground they really are. That being said, although my kid is only three she has never dropped her beloved doll and she is very careful with it, even though she brings it to the roller coasters for kids.

Me bringing one of my dolls would never happen. I have enough with looking after a kid, looking after my dolls at the same time would be almost impossible and I'd always have a fear of losing them or having them stolen

19. short answer: heck no!
      I'm not even confident having my glasses on my face when I'm on a rollercoaster! :nowords:

20. No, i'm scared if it falls :o