1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you get a Minimee of yourself?

Sep 26, 2009

1. Much as americanseamstress said, I already drive myself I around all day long. I dress myself, do my makeup, act like myself... I think trying to 'shell' me would be redundant!

2. One me is enough. :lol:

3. I would love to have a stylized mini-mee of myself at 25 - w/kinks removed LOL LOL LOL - so cool!

4. not really...but i don't mind wear same clothing to take some photos for fun LOL

5. probably me when I was 2 or so... I was cute!!

6. I'm super vain because I think a minimee of my younger self would be super cool. But it wouldn't look like me, it'd just have the features of mine I like: green eyes, auburn hair, round cheeks, that sort of thing, traits that look good on dolls. So maybe it's not quite a minimee after all.

7. I don't have a minimee but I think it would be fun ✌ I could dress minimee in outfits and looks actual me could never pull off

8. I would not as I like my dolls to look adorable and unfortunatley I do not. But I think that even if I were very beautiful I still would not want a doll that looks like me as I like them to have their own characters and personalities.

9. The truth is that exactly like me no, but I think all my dolls boys and girls have something of my personality in theirs, I think that in that sense I can see myself represented in some things of them :) <3

10. I'm thinking about something more stylized than Minimee usually are. Bigger eyes, cutier face than I actually have, yet quite similar to me. Mostly that's because almost all my dolls have stylized faces (I'm not a big fan of realistic ones).

Seems like I even have one already, though. :whee: I have a Dollstown Maru head waiting for its body, it will have almost the same hairstyle as I do, eyes of the same colour, aaand my Mom said it has pretty similar facial features when she saw the freshly bought blank head in my hands. I guess she was right. This doll will be something like my familiar spirit when I finally complete her.

11. I think I will, although through some bizarre twist of fate a minime would need to be at least two dolls so idk if that counts. One Masculine, one Feminine and one Androgynous would probably work as I'm genderfluid and would take one with me depending on how I felt day-to-day.

12. Hmmm.. I'm planning to eventually, but I'd model it out of an OC that was created in my image. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be making one out of me exactly though. Because, to me at least, dolls are made flawless. of course the personality we give them gives them character flaws, but to achieve the physical flaws of humans- for example, pimples, dry skin, stretch-marks, etc- we'd have to mod A LOT, because dolls are smooth and pretty. It's a fun experiment, and I'd do it if my modding skills were better, but at the moment, an OC would be better imo

13. Likely not, but as with all of my characters/dolls I always tend to put a minor characteristic of mine in them. I'm not sure why, it's just something I end up doing! Sometimes the characteristic is physical like eye colour or physical appearance, but most of them time it's small personality traits.

14. Not really, I'm not interesting enough to get a minimee. I get a mini version of some characters like Jason Todd and Dante Sparda, because they are interesting.

15. that is not desirable ^^;;

16. I'm planning on it. I need Summerbird's Viola to become available for this, and the perfect head would be Dollshe Adonis who looks like a carbon copy of my face. Not sure he'd fit on that body though, so once I find a fat body, the search for a perfect face might continue for a while.

17. I personally do not want a mini-me, no need to double the trouble :lol:
      I feel like my doll and the character of my future dolls already carry at least one trait from me.

18. Haha, no way. It seems like it'd be fun, but as of right now I don't think I'd personally want to.

19. One of my first thoughts when i got into the hobby was that i wanted to make a mini me however that never happened. Also i think if i made a doll version of me all my characters are way cooler they wouldn't hang out with me.

20. No. Absolutely not. It will be like a temple named after me.:wiggle