1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you get a Minimee of yourself?

Sep 26, 2009

1. Hahah...okay, I'll be honest here...

If I had the money lying around I'd probably do it for maybe the 50% likeness. Then, even though it'd be a bit creepy (and yes, egocentric), she could be the LORD of the dolls...hahaha...sigh.

No, just kidding, but I'm tremendously curious as to what a dollie me would look like!

2. Nope. :sweat I wouldn't want one at all. My space and money is limited, I'd want to spend it on dolls already on my wishlist, not a doll version of me.

3. I don't think so - seeing myself all the time would be kinda scary! :P

4. I'd want one just for the sake of laughs. But like a cutie-fied version of me.

But it would probably not look like me at all since it's cute and I'm not. -_-+

5. I wouldn't.
      Mainly because I wouldn't fit in with my other dolls.
      In the event I became famous and someone made a doll of me, of course I'd participate in the order and purchase a head... but I wouldn't do it on my own. I wouldn't want to create a doll of myself unless someone else wanted a copy. xD

6. The idea is amusing.... but I don't think they'd make me as a doll, they'd have to do the Body >< and something tells me chunky flabs won't look good in resin either.

So maybe if I did a version of the me I WANT to be?

7. I could see having a doll similar to me, but not an exact replica.
      Like one with the same hair and eye combo, but not facial features, ect.
      Because that would be kind of...weird. lol.

8. Not a chance. I'd be creepy to see yourself as a doll

9. Well, I think it's just fine for other people to do. I imagine they'd enjoy something like getting a doll of themselves when they were younger and being able to dress it up in fabulous clothes they couldn't afford back then or in cutting edge styles they weren't brave enough to wear in public. It could certainly have some fun and fascinating applications...like the ultimate cosplay venue (imagine yourself as an elf or a vampire for instance, or if you're wanting a doll of your favorite rollplaying character.) But for me, there really wouldn't be any need. Minimee heads are expensive if you're not getting one in a group order and truth be told, folks, I always looked rather doll-like anyway, so there are several sculpts that look enough like me back-in-the-day that I could buy for way cheaper. My Lati Green Senny "Sugar" looks like me when I was a child. I didn't intend for her to do so, but it just came out when I did her faceup and gave her a black wig!:sweat Luts' Kid Delf Ani and AE Soo are also pretty much like anime-me's from different ages in my life. You get the picture: BIG eyes, tiny slightly-upturned nose, little mouth, insufferably cute.;) Boy, those were the days!:lol:

10. Nah, I like having my dolls to be very different from me. Having one that looked exactly like me would be creepy.

I find it more fun to dress up other people. :)

11. I think that would be interesting. But I'd have to get it made in tan and that might be a bit too expensive. Not to mention I'm extremely erm... well endowed, so mebbe a minime head on a dollfie dream dynamite body :lol:

My fiancee might like a lil doll me running around though, the silly man ;)
      ~Gio

12. I'm already lucky enough to have an awesome twin sister.

13. i'm generally curious as to what it'd look like, but i wouldn't ever. if it happened I'd probably mod myself to look... less like me. o.O

14. I wouldn't mind having one of me circa age 7 to give as a gift to my mother. She has openly admitted to missing the days when she could pick out my clothes, so I think she'd get a kick out of a little doll version of me, particularly as I am getting ready to move out of the house and she's not totally ok with it. I'm not sure that I would want to keep one for myself though. Not that I would find it creepy, but I'm just not that interested in collecting little kid dolls.

15. No, but my sister joked about minimee of her kids. O.o!!

16. I might ... but I think I would rather find a sculpt that looks like me. I found one once, but I think it was the faceup that made it look more like me than the actual sculpt. I don't know that I'd want to get a Minimee done, and don't you have to order some big lot of them? That would be odd.

Some people swear some of my dolls already look like me, but I think those people are just saying that. But I do have big eyes and a very "European" (whatever that means??) face. Maybe that's part of it.

I think it would be a bit fun to dress myself and the doll up the same and go out like that. But perhaps that's just me.

17. Heavens no! It would frighten people.
      Seriously, I don't think I would. My family's features are very much on the plain side, and I like my dolls girly and pretty.

18. I really want a minimee of myself but there are so many other dolls I want I'm not sure if I would ever get around to buying one. I'm surprised so many people are saying no or that it is egotistical... is it bad to have a good self image? :(

19. Maybe. With some sanding on the nose since I hate mine <<
      I wouldn't dress it like myself, and would probably make a completely different character for it if I ever had one made...

20. It would disturb me. Me and... little me. o_0 I've never been frightened of dolls, but I think a me-doll would creep me out.

And what in the world would I do with it? It'd look weird next to my other dolls. How would I play with... me? D: Dressing it up in clothes I wish I had, etc, wouldn't be fun - it'd just make me feel pathetic (not to mention, if I can afford to buy a custom-sculpted doll and custom clothing for it, I'm sure I can scrape up the money to buy the clothing in human-size for myself).