1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you get a Minimee of yourself?

Sep 26, 2009

1. I've thought about it since I have done the self insertion taboo in a story (although, now the character and I just share a name. She's really not like me at all, I think) but it would be really, really creepy having a mini version of me around. Besides, I think I would actually start getting jealous of the doll if she turned out prettier than me (which is likely >_>; )...I dunno, I'm weird like that ^^; That and I'm a little superstitious. I guess I would be worried about the doll ending up in the wrong hands and next thing I know bam! instant voodoo doll...

...yeah, I'm really weird ^^;;

2. It's not that it's bad, it's just a rare trait for people to be positive about the way they look. It's like...when kids are little they want a doll that is like them (I myself could have been the twin of my American Girl Molly, which is why I got her in the first place). But...somewhere between being a kid and growing up self-love tends to filter out in people and anyone who does show such traits gets labeled as having an over inflated ego--even if they don't...

I myself don't think I look good, people tell me I'm alright, but I don't buy it. My self-image is really poor, despite others telling me I'm being silly. So I guess it goes both ways, but still. I don't personally like the idea of seeing myself as a doll. I'd rather have a Minimee of one of my characters. They'd reflect my inner self better anyway. *grin*

I think it's awesome that you like the idea of a Minimee of yourself though. They aren't called that for nothing you know. *grin* You should totally get one and share the pictures of you and your resin twin here!

3. I don't think they make bjd's fat enough for me to have a "mini me".

4. I plan to get a minimee of myself one of these days, and make both heads into dolls. I think it's a fun and neat idea like having your portrait painted. To me it's much less creepy to have dolls of yourself than of a celebrity. lol

5. I was thinking about it... (you can see a pic of me in my profile:whee:)
      but I'd probably get it from nobility doll though, not from dim...I haven't liked their minimee work lately. (no offence!:sweat)

Plus I have a twin sister so It'd be fun to get two and surprise her with one too! I hope she wouldn't get scared though!

6. Ma'am, You are a stick. XD You'd turn out like the BBB Mei.

And yeah, a Minimee of me might work as a boy sculpt (despite being a girl, I have the facial features of a 12 year old boy >_<;). But um, I'd feel like an egotistical freaaaaaaak~ And I'd personally be creepeeeeeeed out by a little me staring back.

On the plus size, it would be neat to see what I'd look like skinnier than my bones would even allow. XD

7. Ive had friends tell me Im the sort of face people would make dolls out of.....But I would never have one of me. I think it would be depressing. I wouldn't be able to fine the right body to fit haha and it would need like...epoxy pudge. xD And im not there with that. To me it would be like looking at myself perfect..and Im not. So yeah.. Not ever going to happen.

8. Aww don't say that!:(
      Im Kinda chubby too so i'd probably have my "minime" have a little bit slimmer body than what mine actually is (but not super skinny) because I think part of the fun of having a doll based on yourself is making it an "idealized" version of yourself, whatever that may mean to you (smaller waist, longer hair, bigger bust ect..;))
      Nobility doll can sculpt custom bodies if you really want one that looks just like you though...:)

9. No! I can't think of anything worse. And I can't imagine why anyone would get one either. Maybe if they knew they were going to die and it was like a keepsake for family or something... but even that's a horrible idea!
      And also it's very egotistic. It's like saying, hey, I'm so beautiful and wonderful the world needs another copy of me. Proclamations of your own beauty always make a fool out of you. Saying stuff like, well, my features are pretty enough to go on a doll... Ew.

10. I never thought of it that way. I wouldn't have one of myself simply 'cause I like who I am and well I wouldn't do anything with a doll-me but I wouldn't think likeing who you are enough to reckon you'd make a good doll is egotistic:sweat

If it was full on proclamations of beauty ect. then sure it is but I think there's a difference between ego-inflation and just knowing you look good.

P.s I'd look really silly as a doll face :lol:

11. I have already commented, but wanted to comment again on the whole ego issue coming up.

Honestly, I don't see it as being egotistical at all.

I am very tickled by the idea of getting a Minimee of myself, though I know I wouldn't, just because it does sound like a fun idea. Does that mean I have an ego and think I'm beautiful and wonderful? No, not at all. In fact, I don't think very highly of the way I look.
      But for some people it is just a fun idea, being able to do things with a doll version of you that you couldn't do otherwise. For example, I would definitely give a doll-me crazy hairstyles that are pretty impossible with my hair type.

At any rate, there is nothing wrong with feeling confident about the way you look.

Only things really stopping me from getting a minimee are the issues of money and the fact I would want it as a cartoonish tiny.

12. I think the fun of having a doll is to make it up however you want to. It would be boring to have a doll just like me.

13. ok i know i've already comment before, but please put the pitchforks away for a moment....

ok so a thought just popped into my head on this one that is rather amusing me.... ok so i'm 18 and starting college in the spring ((i hope i hope)) and i'll still be living at home to save money. But after my four or five years of that i'm moving out and strike it out on my own *que determined music*.. erm anyway. My mom has an issue with me EVER moving out ((as most mothers do I assume)) i mean even if i was to get a house like RIGHT NEXT DOOR, THAT would by too far away for her :| ((i swear this has a point to it))

If i got a minimee of myself, I would give it to my mother since she has an issue with me growing up :lol: that would be the only way i woulg get one of myself. Not for me but for my mother who cant stant that i'm growing up and getting ready to go into the big bad world haha.

14. Are you sure about that? As a mother myself, I think I would feel weirder about having a dolly daughter than I would a miniME. But, who knows?
      And I don't think it's any more egotistical to buy a doll self-likeness than to have a photograph or other portrait of yourself. I would think that most of you have had or will have professional graduation pics taken.
      It's a shame that so many girls and women have such poor self-images. It's okay to be okay with how you look. As long as you don't go overboard, i.e., as long as you're not Paris Hilton:lol:

15. I would totally do it!
      If I didn't have to waste money on it that is.
      For free, sure,why not. It would be super fun and creepy to have a doll of myself!
      You could scare people a lot with it.
      However, sadly I do not think my facial structure would look good as a doll...
      I'm simply not doll like enough! (which certainly doesn't mean that I'm ugly or anything. Pffth.)

Also,
      I'm into designing clothes and such, and having a doll of youself could be great way to try out different hairstyles, and make test outfits for. Before deciding to do something in real-size! <3

16. lol i know it was just an idea. I told my mom about it just a second ago and she said she wouldn't need it because she is going to go with me *_*

17. Wow some people are being pretty mean about this (either to themselves and their looks, or others who want a minimee). I don't think it's egotistical to want a doll version of yourself, the idea of "what would I look like as a doll" seems very whimsical and fun to me. Your doll version could wear clothes you wouldn't wear, be the opposite gender, have scars or crazy makeup, but still be you. How fun is that? :D Egotistical would be running a group order for a minimee of yourself lol.

18. Oh! My thoughts exactly when I started this thread.:D Also, what would be creepy is if you ran a GO and some stranger actually wanted to join..:lol:
      If they made Minimee's that could be MSD or YoSD sizes, that would be awesome:D

19. I think they do make MSD sized now, that would be super cute :fangirl:

20. sure why not xD It sounds great; I can try out new wigs and outfits on my doll first before I get a haircut and new outfit haha. I dont want to waste money on it but if somebody would run a GO for my head sure thing xD