1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you get a Minimee of yourself?

Sep 26, 2009

1. Whether you want one or not, my question is how do you feel one the doll gets damaged or something? I'd be really paranoid if a finger snapped off or something. Personally, I would never want one, as I have a low opinion of myself *waves low self-esteem flag*. However, I would enjoy some of the awkward things you could say to someone. Lol, your phone rings while you're playing w/ your you doll and they ask what you're doing... I couldn't resist the temptation personally.

2. Nope, in any way, I'm not pretty enough XD

3. I do have a MiniMee of me, but only because it was the first MiniMee, was a free promotional item, and I was picked from a random drawing to be the model. I don't dislike the doll really, but I also don't put her with my other dolls as she looks really strange next to the others.

The sleeping head Denny sent is really creepy, though. Its like a big-eyed, dead me.

I don't think I'd ever buy a MiniMee of myself, though. Honestly, I think DiM's MiniMee sculpting team does a much better job with the dolls they sculpt off of arwork than off of photos of real people.

4. Nefla: they do? niiiice! i just might add that to my already long wishlist...:D but oddly enough, when I showed a picture of Dollmore girl Momo (who I'm considering as my first doll, instead of an SD-size since I'm very petite) to my older brother an hour ago, he went "wth, looks like you!"/ me: "wuuut? ehh no."/ him: "yeah! when you were a kid. specially the nose."/ me: :sweat

keii-chan:
      haha, funny idea! also...personally, I would be rather freaked out that someone else other than me (or my family) would want a Minimee me. :o Like...what would a stranger do with it...??:?

5. I'd want to slap her. I just have the kind of face that needs to be slapped >:P

But really, she wouldn't look like me. I'd dress her WAY better. She'd have cleaner hair...all the things that make up my idiosyncrasies wouldnt translate into doll form.

6. Yes, they make them in 50% and 80% likeness.

7. Would I get a Minimee of myself? No.

8. I would maybe get a doll that represented what I wanted me to be like XD

9. Definitely no minimee doll for me. That's a little too far on the creepy side. And if I ever did get a minimee doll I'd have to keep him away from my other girls out of fear for what he might do to them.

10. Wow. I'm surprised at how many people would not like minimees of themselves because they don't like the way they look. Come on, raise that self-esteem, people! Feeling good about yourself isn't narcissism!:sweat
      I think I'm pretty, and I look like a doll, so I would LOVE a doll version of me.
      Would it be a little creepy? Maybe. Probably. But it would be fun to have. :)

11. I totally want to do this and make my minimee into a witch! XD

Raven

12. I think there was someone who said they were getting a minimee of themselves on their blog. (Besides...heh...isn't that why it's called a Minimee?) I think I would make a pretty cute doll, because honestly I have very BJD like features. But, even though everyone compares me to a doll, I can't stand the way I look, so nah...I think I'd pass. I don't like minimees much anyhow. I don't really think they usually look like what they are based on.

But, it would be fun to have a little minimee and turn myself into a boy, just to see what I'd look like. XD

13. Not a chance. One of me in the world is more then enough. :lol:
      Kind of on topic though, but not. I was talking to my therapist about this. He knows about my love of BJD's, and he asked if it would be creepy for him to order minimee's of his two deceased daughters. I had been a friend to one of his daughters back when we were kids, before they died in the accident. And I told him I wouldn't find it creepy at all, I'd find it kind of sweet, like a tribute to them how they used to be. He kind of liked the idea of it.

14. Have to chime in with a gigantic "Hell No" as my answer to this. I don't even like looking in the mirror or having my picture taken so having a Minimee of myself would be completely out of the question.

15. Haha, no. I just do not have dollable features. There are some gorgeous user-Minimees in the database but I'm just not suited for it. Also, it would freak me out to have myself miniaturized and staring back at me.

16. Sure, but having a doll made of yourself is a little different from a photograph. It's like a billion times more expensive for one thing, plus a much bigger commitment. I've never seen anyone trying to restring a photograph:lol:
      And to clarify/amend, I wasn't trying to be mean. Hey, if you want to have a doll of yourself, go ahead! I was just saying that the idea was abhorrent to me, and trying to explain why.

17. No. I think that would be sort of creepy. xD; My mom already thinks it's weird I collect dolls. She'll def think I'm crazy if I make a minimee of myself.

18. i'm not very pretty and i'm chubby too! i can't have a resin minimee. i'd feel sorry for the doll that looked like me. no one deserves to have to go through that....

19. I'd probably like a miniMe, at the 50% likeness, that would be fun 8) not sd sized though, I prefer msd size dolls anyway

20. I would totally do it, with some mods to the reference pics so that I can look like I *want* to look. >D I'd probably got for 50% likeness, though, so that it looks more doll-like. Fantasy fulfilment, yes? Fufuf~ And then I'd put the head on a male body, where it ought to belong...

Of course, this is because very, very few sculpts around actually appeal to me at the moment, and, if I want some unique sculpt, it might as well be me... >) Cheaper than getting a celeb, in any case.