1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you get a Minimee of yourself?

Sep 26, 2009

1. Of...myself???

I was scared when there was MyTwinn. No way now I could change my mind now.... (Still scared... *shivers*)

2. I'd be scared it'd get my personality and kill me in my sleep so hell no xD

3. XD Haha, no way! It'd be way too unsettling. Also, my face is not dollie material, at all. Not pretty enough by any means.

4. I'd feel really vain, and the head would come out looking a little wonky, anyways.
      Besides, having a tiny version of myself is a little too far for me and slightly scary.

5. *chuckles* if someone offered to get me one - absolutely. Myself I wouldn't spend money on it, I have the real thing after all. ^^

6. no- way to creepy for me!

7. No way, no how! If I want to see myself, I just look in a mirror. I definitely wouldn't want a little resin me sitting around. Heck, I don't even like to have my photo taken.

8. Absolutely not! The idea of having a doll of me creeps me out slightly. I'm not sure why, but it's just unsettling to think about.

9. I have 3 dolls that have a Minimee head made after myself (though slightly modded), but I turned them into guys because my Minimee's first attempt as a female was just too weird and kind of creepy to see XD
      So a REAL Minimee, no, but them as guys, yes please! ^_^
      Sabriell

10. Some people say that my Mitsu (VOLKS Sara) looks a lot like me.. so I guess she can be counted as mine? haha. Though I could never see myself purposefully getting/making one.

11. I wouldn't probably get a Minimee of myself. ^^;
      I don't think my head would make a very good looking dollie. Not to mention how creepy it would be to have a little me around the house. o.e

12. I wouldn't get a Minimee of myself. I want my dolls to be dolls--I don't want them to be little replicas of myself. I would get bored playing with a copy of myself. :3

13. I think it would be kind of fun! ^__^

I could make beautiful dresses for it that would cost waaaaay too much to make for myself (not to mention I'm out of closet space...^_^"). I could even give it little glasses like me too! Hehe.

14. I definitely would not get one that looked like me. If it were for free (such as a gift) I would accept it as an oddity. (I mean, there's the curiosity: what would I look like as a doll?) But it's not a curiosity I'd spend money on.
      Also, I feel kind of odd when people make/buy minimee's of other people. (Famous or not)

15. I wouldn't get one of myself, as I don't find myself particularly attractive. She would be 'that poor doll with the truly unfortunate nose' if I did.

16. Its kinda sad that so many people are saying no, when the original idea of minime's was a head of yourself, your loved ones or your own character.

17. I had actually considered getting one made with a slightly stylised look, I'm comfortable enough with my appearance to feel okay about having a minimee made. Mind you I'd probably end up giving it to my mum as she has a bad case of empty nest syndrome.

18. I used to want two... twins with elf ears. Then I could try out wigs for hair styles and all sorts of stuff. I thought it would be super cool. But then my wishlist got really long and they weren't really characters so they were really the first ones to get booted off the wishlist.

19. Yes, a Yo-SD sized Minimee of me as a little kid.:D I think my mom would appreciate that...she says she misses the old days...:lol:

20. Noooo, I see dolls as people I'm not (but they are a part of me).