1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you get a Minimee of yourself?

Sep 26, 2009

1. Definitely no! My mom got a "my twin" doll of me once -- way creepy! Though, numerous non-doll friends have commented that my School C looks like me, and it's very disorienting! To me it's not even about whether you like your looks or not. I just find it creepy when people own... "themselves art." Like people who get themselves painted and hang it in their living room. Hang a mirror instead! :D

2. I'd say I'd like a Minimee of me as a kid, but...well I pretty much look the same XD

I like the idea, and I think its kinda sad people are saying its egotistical. I'd like one, though I'd prefer if it wasn't too realistic. I like girl dolls that are more cute, less realistic. Then I could dress her in all the things I can never wear! XD

It could also be a cute idea to give to a parent if your moving out, like I've seen some people say, or a significant other, if you will be apart for a long time!

3. I don't think so. Althoug my boy has very long hair, like me, there are some very essential differences ;). But we do like to cosplay the same from time to time :)

[​IMG]

4. lols...I would love to get a minimee of myself! it would be cool to see myself in a different skin color with different eye color and hair! and I(as my doll) get to wear dream outfits! It would be so glorious!

5. I would think my characters/dolls would be a part of me...

But a clone of me? I would creep myself out! D:

6. I WOULD TOTALLY GET A MINIMEE!!! [/caps]

Sorry if I sound way too into myself ^^; But I mean, after my friends and I made up my alter-man-self, Jun Yukioto, Japanese Popstar, I would love to have him in doll form so I could change his appearence and let him stay a boy, since I can't do that myself [i can't be a boy all the time, acquiring cute girl clothes is easier than awesome visual kei boy clothes]
      And uh...since I'd be getting two heads no matter what, I might make her into an actual mini of me 8]
      Haha...but you know, it'd be nice if I could get people in on a group order with me xD I mean...what, 400$ for two heads? No thanks. Besides~ who wouldn't want a cute asian doll? *hides from bricks*

7. faerieharp - AGREED!

I'm pretty amused at the idea of having a doll of myself. I wanted to do it when they had the original minimee promotion and they were super discounted. I didn't have the money at the time, though. I certainly don't have the money for the current prices either. But as an idea, yes!

8. :oNo...no no no no. first of all the dolls I have occasionally freak me out and if there was one like me! well what if it killed me and took my place! also I am old ugly and fat now so it would have to be young thin and moderately attractive me and that would be deppressing.

They cost too mucg cos of all the extra resin for the wrinkles!!!:shudder

9. I wouldn't, I just can't imagine having a doll that looks like me. I think it would be kind of creepy too, having a doll lying around that has my features. But thats just my opinion. To each his own I assume.

10. No, because if there were two of me, the world would end. :lol: Even if one of them was resin instead of flesh and blood, that's still dangerous to humanity. ;)

11. No way! That'd be way to creepy for me.
      D:
      I wouldn't like that one bit.

12. may be a yo-sd sized me in as an anime character that I made. (basicly my self as an anime character)

13. Having a minimee of myself wouldn't really appeal to me LOL

14. Nah, I find that way too narcissistic and vain. I'd think I'd look okay in doll for since I'm not butt ugly, but no. It's just so... idk. Imagine meeting someone and having yourself as a doll. Wouldn't make the best impression of being humble.

Besides that, I find most Minimee sculpts to be impossibly ugly. It's not that they don't resemble the person they've been modded after (most of the time they do, anyway) and they're always well sculpted and I can't imagine the work it would take to do, but all those facial flaws don't really translate well into bjd world.

I think the only way I'd be able to get a doll of myself is if it was one of my alter-egos I use on the internet, and they look nothing like me at all so. xD

15. ooh heck yeah! but i was thinking more along the lines of getting a doll sculpt i really like and giving it the clothes/lifestyle/personality id like to have ^^ i dont know if id like it to look like me tho lmao.

16. I wouldn't have but my friends and family always says that I tend to choose dolls with similar characteristic than me

17. Hmm I would not. If I were to have a doll of myself it would be from when I was younger, before I became a mother, however looking at the skinny, pretty version of myself would just make me super conscious of my current body and that's not what I want from the dolls.

18. This sounds absolutely entertaining. I would get a Minimee, but maybe only for the purpose of freaking out my family. :XD:

19. Already own one.My Volks Ken.His name:Ken.Been me since I was 5.:cool:

20. I asked my husband if he'd want a doll of himself, and he replied "If I wanted a potato, I'd go to the grocery store." XD

Personally, I would not want a doll of myself. I spent far too many years wanting to be anyone but myself, so no. I write my characters to be other people and escape reality, why would I want one to be me?? I think many of them have characteristics of my own, but they are individuals.