1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you loan someone your doll or ask to borrow one?

Aug 24, 2008

1. Never. Unless it was non resin then maybe... uh kinda scared.

2. It depends, if I knew them and they were local then yes, Id be hesitant to send them out to someone, that's why I don't have any blushed dolls or dolls with tattoos because I am scared to send them out

3. If it was, like, my spouse for 15 years or something and been into bjd's for their lifetime, then I could consider it. Consider. :|

4. No way. Closest I get to that would be shipping a head off for makeup!

5. I'll just sorta repeat what a lot of people are saying: Depends on who's asking.

If someone asked me if they wanted to borrow my 700 dollar doll i would ask myself "Do i know this person well enough to trust them with something this precious?" "Do i trust them to not break or otherwise ruin it?" "Are they far away or could i visit them whenever needed to check in on it/act as if i just wanted to visit? *;D*"

However i might totally borrow another persons doll, as long as i filled out these catogories myself. I would have to be close by, KNOW what i'm dealing with and know the person well.

6. Honestly, probably not. I would be too paranoid that something would happen to my doll, even if I trust the person I lent it to. I'm fine with my friends holding my dolls and playing with them (changing their clothes, taking photos, etc) as long as I'm there but I wouldn't be comfortable letting them borrow one to take home for whatever reason.

7. I've had a couple local collectors let me take their dolls home for customization. I think I was more nervous about it than they were. That said, I can really only think of one person I'd trust with one of my crew!

8. Unless it's for modifications too delicate or technical for me to handle myself, I would have to be there in person to oversee how the doll is being treated. =))

9. If I knew the person well, and they knew about bjds then MAYBE.
      But I'd be so nervous about it to be honest. I wouldn't want to borrow anyone else's doll either.

10. I honestly have to know the person well before I'd be comfortable with it but once I do feel I know them well, I'd be okay with it. I'm more likely to lend it to someone local than farther away unless it is a commission type of transaction. I have lent dolls to local BJD collecting friends I feel I know well and consider them good friends.

11. If the person asking has proved themselves to be a trust worthy person that I can trust, then of course! I like to think of it in terms of would I trust someone with my doll the same way with my computer? As in, would they respect me enough not to damage it or change it. If the answer is yes, then I'd be happy to loan them my doll.

12. It's ironic this came up towards the front of the thread today. People have repeatedly offered to loan me their dolls when I make commission pieces for them [as I am more careful with their dolls than my own and really don't like to borrow them, lol]. Since i moved out here I really didn't like the idea of someone shipping their doll and do pretty good if not better, lol, by the measurements I get in the extensive specs here and using one of my dolls as a base for the 1/4 or 1/3 size with some modification. Today i just received a friends lati yellow in the mail as I have been having problems wrapping my head around his size properly. I had her send my tons of comparison pics of him and dolls I have and with him I have to make a complete detailed set including clothes and tight fitting headband, belt and choker long Egyptian style weave that will come down almost to the middle of his chest. I didn't want to tell her I was having so many issues though I had all the materials together I was afraid to start beading and sewing. She offered to send him and I agreed! [amusingly enough this came up at the tail in of the scammers trying to get people to send them their dolls] It isn't normal practice and under other circumstances I wouldn't have agreed but he i different than any doll I have and now I see him in person [haven't seen a yellow in years up close in reality since like 2007/8] I am so glad as other wise things wouldn't have fit as perfectly as I would have wanted them to. I am now using a thinner velvet ribbon for the belt and headband and so many other things are different

13. I have currently six heads out shipping on their way towards a faceup artist. I don't know her but I still trust that she will do a good job and ship them back to me.

I also have a full CP SS Chiwoo that my mother has borrowed. She wanted to see if this hobby is anything for her and as a result she has been looking after my chiwoo for a year or two now.

I wouldn't as such just lend my dolls to other people but I am not overly protective of them. If I am at a convention i don't mind other people handling my dolls either as long as they are staying in front of me. Letting them bring my dolls with them is obviously a no go.

14. Its rather funny back when I originally posted to this thread I believe I said I would loan my doll to people I knew that had their own and who I knew for years and trusted.
      Now?
      HELL NO.
      I have lost LE DVDs, clothes, books, and even one of my great-Grandmother's tea cups to people having them on loan and then deciding to drop all contact with me what so ever. Not even like we had a fight and haven't spoken since, no this is full right the flapjack out of no where all communication ceased full stop.n I even contacted one person via email mentioning I had a valuable of theirs (a $100 LARP book) I wanted to return but got no response. SO yeah unless it was like my grandmother who sews and who's house I am more than able to break into should I need to (j/k) there is no way in HELL or High Water I would loan anyone my doll