1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

would you pay more for dolls and supplies that were in stock?

Jun 23, 2016

1. I think people do, just compare the price of a new Latidoll with a 10 month wait with the price of a brand new one flipped on the market place. Sometimes this can 30% even on a basic edition.

I do find it odd that companies haven't tried this though. Given how many customer support tickets they get on wait times they must know how much customers would go for it. And I think they could charge a premium for it.

It seems like often the Korean companies reduce the prices for stock they need to clear, which seems like a missed opportunity when they could market it with the "ready to ship!" angle and ask full price.

2. I think the idea of companies hand and them assembling works fine on paper until you realize how few BJD companies have consistently matching resin. Add multiple skin tones into the options list and then, well you understand the chaos that creates.

Clothes I don't buy, I make.

But shoes, etc... I usually buy 2nd hand or off ebay. No patience for pre-ordering.

I would love to have someplace that had a reliable supply of supplies like eyelashes, MSC etc...

3. Waited 4mos plus for Spiritdoll order once. I hear ya! But I wouldn't pay more for in-stock either. It's already expensive when you add shipping and extra for a company face-up, etc...

4. me too. i was just finishing the face up on a doll and realized i didnt have the right lashes and wig for her, since i used unexpected colors in the faceup. i didn't mind waiting for the doll, since i'm used to that now, but it annoyed me to think i was going to have to wait another month or two to get the supplies i needed to finish her!

5. Definetely yes. I totally hate waiting and it is too much waiting anyways. 3 or more months. It is completely killing me.

6. For a doll, no. I've gotten used to waiting for dolls. I always think I need them sooner but that's an illusion.

Supplies are something else. When I'm ready to go and actually accomplish something, finding I'm out of supplies is annoying. I would love to have a store around the corner, even if it was a bit pricier.

7. No, I wouldn't pay more for in-stock dolls/items. I am fine with waiting, especially if I can save some money. Having the wait time is something I've come to expect. My longest wait was 13ish months, and my most recent purchase has been the second longest wait, at 8 months (if it is shipped according to schedule). I've become a very patient person ;)

8. If I really like it and its not more than a 10% more, I will get it. If its a lot more then I will wait.

9. While I don't mind paying more for faster shipping, companies charging more because they have stock they want to move and know I'm impatient enough to consider it rubs me the wrong way. I'd like to get the doll faster, but I'd wait if it means spending less.

10. Of course it would be nice if I were not forced to hand over the full price and then wait up to a year on good faith that I will get something for it. Most of us have been in or witnessed situations were things went horribly wrong in the end.
      Apart from that I don't mind the wait time, for me it's all part of it being a good old-fashioned, slow, artistic, hand-made and non-instant-gratification hobby.

Also, this hobby is all about variety and individualism. No company or retailer would be able to stock all the versions and varieties of what is on offer and would be asked for by customers? At least I cannot imagine that would pay for said retailer. I wouldn't want to pay extra money for any resin that maybe has been in storage and aged for months either - if I want new, I buy new - if I want older, I frequent the MP.

I see a possibility for accessories, tools and materials, though, since the risk of keeping things in stock would be more foreseeable and managable for a business?

This is a good discussion<3

11. Nope I wouldn't pay more for items that were in stock vs. having to wait. The wait is just one of the elements of the hobby that I accepted a long time ago. Plus getting a doll or accessories/items quickly doesn't really provide a benefit for me. I'm in no rush to get a new doll. It often takes up to year just for me to curate the right items for my dolls; so the wait is actually a good thing. If everything were ready instantly, I'd probably make more impulsive purchases. The only thing I do pay more for is shipping. I care more about having items shipped securely and with tracking than going a less expensive option.

12. when i first started i used to always get the cheaper shipping options. but our mail here loses so many parcels of ours (luckily no dolls yet) that i always get something with tracking now. i just consider that part of the doll price. even with tracking they still manage to loose parcels:aeyepop:, but at least that way they are insured

13. I will only pay if it's a reasonable price.
      If the price is very high, I would rather wait..