1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you sell a doll you're really bonded to?

Jun 13, 2008

1. If you have to, you have to. Bills and emergencies go first although I know my family would help me out initially. To replace them or so, I don't think I would. I'd rather save up for the new one and keep the old one too. I'm awkwardly hesitant in selling my stuff even if I'm not attached to it (I mean, it took me 5 years to finally put some plushies up for sale from a series I don't even like).

2. yes i will : (

3. Considering I'm facing a pretty hard situation, money-wise, yeah, I'd probably sell her. Do I want to? No. Would I be happy about it? No way.

4. i might if i get a very good offer and i am in need of money at that time!

5. I'm going through the same situation; with how things are becoming more and more expensive, and gas prices and just... everyday needs is becoming more pricey than it used to, I'm losing hardcore on my end for money. I do have friends who have offered to buy my dolls from me so when I have the money again I can buy them back. But it would still be a serious last resort, I would sell everything else off before resorting to my kids to sell ;_;

But you can do what the others are mentioning; sell the body and keep the head... in the mean time I would also suggest trying to see if you can sell other stuff around your house to keep your bill collectors happy >_<;;

Best of luck!

6. It would have to be seriously dire for me to sell a doll that I am really bonded to. I would try to sell most of the other things in my room first (Minus my music equipment) before I would even consider it.

7. I would not sell a doll that I'm genuinely fond of, no. I'm not much of a seller in any way, but if I had to sell stuff, It would not be dolls that are "close to my heart". Too much of a crazy doll lady.

8. I think I could do it if I was hard up for money.

9. I think the only way I could sell a doll I've truly bonded with is if I'm going to be evicted if I don't have the money. (And that's if my credit cards are maxed out and I can't borrow the money ^^; )

10. Well, not getting sued is a good thing. But, when it comes to something that important to you, you could possibly find another way to go around it. >:

But if it truly does call for you selling your boy, temporarily selling it to a friend, as long as they're okay with it, I dont see a problem with it.

BUT I donno if I could sell my own boys. All three of them are rather special to me. >< But, you know, I'd rather be able to keep my home and such, even if it means finding them better homes.

11. I had to sell my one and only doll (narae 43) just about two months ago to make the rent money after having lost my job. Needless to say I now have a new job and am saving my pennies.

It is like I am missing a part of me now. She was my muse. But I am happily working on things for my new one when she arrives.

Marianna

12. Only if I absolutely had to. I love my dolls and the ones I'm bonded to I don't think I could just sell them...after all the time, work, and money I put into them, they became like part of the family almost.

13. I think I could if I had to. I would just remind myself that it's a doll and not really living. I didn't say it would be easy but it is doable.

14. I'm currently selling my first doll ((well the body that is)) But for me it isn't too hard because I didn't really bond with him to begin with. I wanted an SD sized boy but I went for the MSD size instead and found out I should have just bought the SD sized.

Than again I think it all depends on the person and whether or not they bonded with their first doll. But if I was in a bad state financially and had to sell as doll I would. Because in the end of the day doll's don't help you pay your bills when you need the money.

=]

15. If absolutely necessary, yes, because when it comes down to it - they are dolls, and not necessities.

16. Wow...first off, I know you have probably heard this a whole lot but I'm sorry that you're in that sort of situation if you still happen to be...reading your post and thinking about if something like that happened to me made me sort of emotional. And he's not even my doll. I was just thinking about what if I had to get rid of my first doll or a doll that I bonded with really well. I just absolutely could not do it. But then again it's sort of hard for me to say because I've never been in that sort of situation where I had people threating to take legal action and what not. But in ways people have made good points that they are just dolls...but to some they aren't just dolls...hence why you bond with them so well. But again, I don't know...it's really hard for me to say.

17. For me personally, certainly not, never, ever. Its a no and that is the end of it.

In your situation, selling it to a friend, which you are close with, is a different story, I suppoze, as long as you know you can get him back! If you love him that much, you would know how to get him back...I cant even imagen how tough it must be. Also, how close you describe you are to him, i think you should keep it to close friends...i dont think you should sell him to a stranger, you'll most likely regret it for a long time....sorry if i couldnt be of any advice/help.

18. Yeah you should keep it between close friends. That way you can get the money and what not that you need or some of it at least and know for sure that when you are in good standings whenever that maybe you will be able to get him back. That is what makes more sense to me. And if your friend is really close by you could always see him and what not...so that won't be that bad.

19. I actually did go with taking a loan from a friend and using him as collateral. She's been really good to him and I'm sewing things and such to save money to pay her back so he can be back home. Also working right now though that job is coming to an end soon. So this ended really well for me. I already have money aside for paying her back.

20. Never.. seriously never. I would rather sell my computer than my dolls. even if I am forced onto the streets D: I am taking them with me