1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! He/She is sooo small/tall!?? Being surprised by size!

Jun 12, 2012

1. When I got my very first Pukipuki who was an impulse buy I was really disappointed how tiny she was... Definitely not my size...

2. When I received my first SOOM Idealian72 boy, he was as big as I expected, but..my god, sooooo heavy...

I always like big doll, but it will be hard to play with if too heavyTT_TT.

3. After getting my first doll (SD60), SD70 was a little taller than expected. ^^ But after getting an Iplehouse EID, I was surprised, that she was quite big but unexpectedly light sompared to the SD70 I had.
      Other than that I can never really say how big the doll will be if I don't have the same size from the same company, yet. I always am a little surprised. ^^

4. The first doll I ordered was in the 65in range. I ended up getting an MSD-sized doll while I was waiting for the first doll to ship. I kept thinking, "Okay, so now I can get a sense for how much bigger my large doll will be!"

Even though I thought that to myself, I was still surprised by its size when the doll finally shipped to me. She was so large! But I love her size :)

5. When I first saw an iplehouse SD (the biggest ones?) and mecha angels, I couldn't believe it.

Also, when I received my souldoll NL MSD boy, he was massive in comparison to most minis!

6. I saw the big SOOM centurs in person and WOW! So much bigger than expected... A pukipuki came home too, and even though I had marked her height on a ruler, she dissapointed me with her tiny size...

7. When my fiancee presented me with my first, I was amazed by how big she was!! 40cm Parabox Alice, and she's as thick as my arm! She's so perfect to snuggle.

Then, when my DZ Nono came home, I was amazed by how tiny, yet strong she was. She never feels like I'm going to break her, no matter how much she is handled. (I'm still careful, however.)

And again, when my FL LF Rolly came home. I felt like she was the size for which I had been waiting. :) I plan to get many more LittleFee as time goes by; they are definitely perfect for me.

8. The first doll I ever bought that was bigger than an MSD was my SOOM Heliot. I knew he was gonna be big, but I didn't realize just how BIG he was. I love him to death, but I really don't take him to many places because he is just a monster. MSD are really more my size.

9. I have received my MNF, few weeks ago and i never thought the body is so small and lightweight, petite! It was cuter than i thought. :)

10. My first doll was an Obitsu 55cm and I bought him in person in Tokyo so the size was no surprise but when I got my Delf The Moon home I was surprised at how much heavier he was than my Obitsu boy!! I then went the other extreme and ordered an IH JID Tatiana and she was so small & delicate compared to the boys, I knew obviously she was MSD but when stood with them the size difference surprised me!!

11. For some reason when I got my dolls I felt both of those emotions. One of them was a DZ 65 cm girl, and the other a DZ 43 cm girl. And these two babes were at the same time bigger and smaller than I expected. Like, seeing the pictures of them online for years kind of made me build up an image in my mind of their size, I think, and they weren't nearly as big as my mind made them up to be. At the same time my 65 cm babe was SO big. Like, she's all legs and super tall and lanky and heavy, which I wasn't expecting.

I think that it's just the image I had made for them after wanting a doll or two for like 3 or 4 years, and not being able to get them. So I built up the idea of them? (I didn't meet any actual dolls in the interim either.)

12. I was really used to seeing dolls on a screen, and when I finally got one in person they were bigger than I was expecting! Now when I look at them, they're not that big but I guess it was a shock at first after seeing Barbie dolls my whole life. Thats why I always tell newbies that are asking on what size is best to start out with - to go to a meetup so they can see what size is right for them. :)

13. I was surprised by the size and scale of my first doll when I got her but I wasn't really expecting smaller or bigger. I had an American girl and barbies to compare to so I had measured out the height next to them but getting the actual size and scale in my head was impossible.

My ID also surprised my by his weight and my new DT by his size.

14. I was certainly surprised by the size of SDs when I first saw a real one, but I actually was surprised at how small they were! I'd been looking at all these close-up pictures of them, so my brain decided they were larger than they are . . . :sweat

15. Pictures of SDs and SDs in real life are so deceptive! Maybe some day but as of right now I find them incredibly intimidating. i think MSDs are more my speed.

16. First doll i have and only one xD i was so surpsied how small she was!! i like the size but i guess now im looking for something a more MSD size because she is a bit small for me i love her to bits though!

17. I must admit, I didn't REALLY check how big my first girl would be when she arrived, so naturally I was quite surprised at how big she was (SD sized). To be honest, even though I did check on how tall my other dolls would be when they arrived, I was still surprised because I didn't really have a frame of reference for them.
      I think it's hard for anyone to actually accurately picture how big a doll would be unless you had a physical representation or something of comparable size beforehand, despite knowing the size in centimetres or inches or whatever.

18. I was surprised at how big the Feeple65 is. I have several big 70cm so it's not that I am unfamiliar with big dolls but he was much heavier and thicker than I thought he would be. The thickness I liked but the humongous head was a disappointment. It didn't look that large on the site. It's the size of a grapefruit. :|

19. When I got my first BJD (Doll Chateau Colin) I was amazed at how heavy and tall he was compared to my Pullip. I fell in love instantly. I was actually happy that he was bigger than what I thought he would be due to the cost of him and whatnot. I can't imagine what an SD might be like, but I would like to own an SD sized ABJD too. :D

20. My first doll was a Luts Senior Delf Odin, and even though I knew on measuring tape how tall he would be it still made me pause a little in the box opening.

I had actually fallen in love with the sculpt before I knew how tall he was, and when I was going through the site again debating whether or not to actually buy him I had gotten a measuring tape out to see how tall he would be, and it actually solidified the purchase in a way for me to know he was something tall that I'd be able to sew for and photograph and draw easily and wouldn't be as afraid of breaking(I tend to be stronger than I look and sometimes than I think). I had him all mapped out and had attempted to make an outfit for him before he actually came(My measurements of the shoulders had been off, but it worked if I folded the front over and gave it some buttons), so I was expecting something big.

But still when he came I had to pause a little bit after opening his box to just breathe in awe how nice and tall and solid he was. My friend Xia who was with me had no idea how big he was going to be and had been looking through dolls in the thinking stages of getting one, but she was really surprised with how big he was and from then on decided to stick to the MSD or smaller sections XD

My second doll was a Soom Beyla and I decided she was just too small and too childish for me, Xia liked her size, but since then, with the exception of my Faerie and Elf, all of my dolls have been 60-70cm range XD

Alright, I'll stop rambling and post this now XD