1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! He/She is sooo small/tall!?? Being surprised by size!

Jun 12, 2012

1. My first doll was a Teenie Gem. It was the first real bjd I had bought, and was very surprised at how "large" he was. I was actually worried he'd be some fragile, wispy thing, being that I only saw photos and I am skeptical of such things I haven't seen in person. I never saw a Yo sized doll in person, so I assumed that the photos were just macro/close ups of the doll.

I was very delighted to have him, and he's grown on me ever since. Now I am waiting to complete my next doll. A soudoll Yurr. He's supposedly 63cm tall. I just got his head in and wow! His head's half my Teenie's size!

I'm real excited to see just how big this boy will be!

Even with measuring tape, I still think I'd be surprised.

2. With me it's the other way around. I think Teenie Gems are very small and petite looking. My Lami has such a small head, it almost could be another scale proportion wise compared to my other dolls (MSD and SD).
      I'm going to order another yosd soon and hopefully she'll look more child-chubby-ish and not so wirily like my Soom Teenie Gem. ^^

On the other hand I could not tolerate a head bigger than my Dollfamily H XiangYi and girl dolls which are taller than him. Am I weird? XD

3. I just got my very first Littlefee and although she is only 9cm taller than my Pukifee she is so much sturdier, I was pretty impressed.

4. My first was my 60cm Obitsu. I had sketched out an outline of how big she was but when I got her and stood her up she seemed huge. I got used to her pretty fast though and then I bought my first resin, a BBB blue Devlin. I couldn't stop playing with him. He was so tiny and once I restrung him he posed so well. I was amazed with this tiny thing that could fit in my hand but could stand on its own. Then came the big guy, an AOD 90cm Bo. I did the tape measure thing and I knew he was going to be huge but when I got him...Wow. Love at first sight. I had my Obitsu and Devlin out so I could have them help me open his boxes (they had to tape two boxes together). I lay him on the table and then lay my Obitsu next to him and she came up to his waist. I thought she was huge. I was wrong. My Devlin fits in his head with it closed. I could store him in there if I wanted. I was surprised very much how big the 90cm guys were but now I want an even bigger one. Then I got some IMP Babies and I hate their size. Even the fact that they are fantasy dolls doesn't make me like them. I traded one for a DZ Momo and I love love love her. So I have figured out I like big dolls and teeny dolls and pretty much nothing in between. Waiting for a 1 inch bjd. I've even thought about seeing if my father could make one in silver since he makes jewelry. I've also thought about life-casting a friend (or myself) and going from there make a life-size BJD in maybe papier mache.

5. I'm always surprised by how big my dolls are. I have no idea why. lol I guess I have a bad conception of scale.

6. I literally freaked out when I recieved my first doll, because I thought they'd sent me a 70cm by mistake. xD
      I ordered a Ringdoll Peter from Mint On Card, but Ringdoll apparently just uses the same sized box for all their larger dolls. And even when I opened him, I still thought about how big he was.

7. I've been trying to come to terms with the size of mini dolls in anticipation of maybe buying one. My girls are a yo-sd and a 16cm and they seem the expected height, but a little thicker than I'd imagined (I guess I was imagining barbie...) I seriously can not fathom what an SD looks and feels like in real life, even though I've seen pictures. I guess having the opportunity to go to some doll meets would help anyone with this, but at the moment they're a little too far away for me.

8. I already knew how big my first doll was going to be, because I'd already handled another SD girl before. What surprised me was my second girl! She's YoSD-sized, but I haven't handled that many tinies, so I kinda freaked out when I saw she was so small! I stood her beside my SD and was just amazed at how small she was. XD

9. I recently got my first 70cm doll and my initial reaction was simply, "Oh....Oh wow" when I stood him up next to me. xD

10. My first doll was 66cm. Yeah, did not expect to start off with the bigguns, but the heart wants what it wants.. I expected the weight, but seeing how beautifully she moved- was in awwe

11. when I first bought my doll, which is a 60cm tall doll, I didn't really expect it to be big and tall..I know how tall it is, but I'm still surprised when I saw it for the first time..also in my first Yosd sized doll..i was expecting it to be as small as a lati, since i've seen a lot of lati dolls in my meets..surprised again when the doll arrived, she's bigger than what I've expected..It's a Dollzone BB doll.

12. My doll is MSD size and I knew she'd be big but I opened that box I still gasped. It still surprises me when I lift her up how heavy she is.

13. Oh man, I feel like I'm going to be very surprised when my 70cm boy arrives! My 60(ish)cm girl is already tall as it is. :sweat

14. Yes! I did feel like that, haha! I had ordered a Fantasy Doll Pamela (YOSD) and had predicted her to be smaller. When she arrived, I was surprised (and happy) that she was bigger than I had expected. :)

15. i was surprised at how light my boy was when i got the box from the post man. i thought it was going to be really heavy, but the biggest surprise/shock was how big my boys manhood was!! (i was like "dang thats big") even now his manhood is getting in the way of pants i buy for him.... =w=

16. I was surprised at the size of my first doll. She was a YOSD. I had also bought a pukifee but the YOSD arrived first. I knew I wanted tinies but I bought the YOSD because her face was so beautiful. I had never seen a bjd in person so when I opened the box I was shocked at how big she was. She was very sturdy and had very unfeminine feet and hands. Her resin was gorgeous though, a beautiful natural skin shade with a velvety finish. I ended up selling her. I prefer my tiny tinies but their resin is not so gorgeous as hers was.

17. I was surprised how big my 1/6 tiny was when I got her. I have a feeling ill be surprised again when I get bigger dolls.

18. When I bought my first doll, I used measuring tape to see how big he was. Every day, for as long as I had to wait for him to come home, I'd measure up a table, chair, closet and see how much of a piece of furniture would be covered by the doll if he would stand next to it.

Of course, when I unpacked him, I was still shocked by his size. I'd gotten used to his height, but it was also the width of the doll, his weight and certainly his presence that made him look ten times as big as any measurement-experiment I had done before.

19. It is, it's totally the presence that does it! :3nodding: You can know exactly what 60cm looks like, or you can grasp exactly what a 4-inch-wide chest or 13-inch-long legs will look like, or you can know perfectly well how heavy 6 lb is... but when it is in a humanoid form and sitting on your lap, wearing expensive shoes, it is greater than the sum of its parts. It looks back at you, it has its own posture, its gestures take up space-- it seems bigger, because it's more like you than you expected.

I did those same size/weight preparations when I got my first Iplehouse EID... after I'd been collecting for years already and knew exactly how big most 70cm dolls are. To measure 6 lb, I took a 4lb bag of flour and two enormous grapefruits, then lifted it all with one hand. ^^ But when that doll arrived, his magnitude still blew me away.

(What eventually helped nail it home in my brain was taking the doll out of the equation & just looking at the pants. That isn't a pair of human pants next to a pair of doll pants; that's a pair of EID pants next to a pair of SD13 pants. XD)

20. Haha, my Kamau's clothes arrived before he did, and when I unpacked his leather jacket, I think that this: :ablink: was my facial expression. I'm still not used to his size; that guy is gigantic.