1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Y.Cen Dolls Chong Lin

Jan 26, 2021

1. Put in an order for Chong Lin F and M heads yesterday! (I slightly regret not waiting for YCen's response to my IG messages last night and it would've let me order directly from her *sigh* but all is well and done :)
      I'm really hoping the new F head's eyes aren't too narrow and cause difficulties with the eyes.

Does anyone know the extra turnaround time if you ordered the jointed hands? Isn't it like part of the standard set normally?

2. I’m debating grabbing one of these boys during the pre-order period. The only issue is the resin tone since I’m stuck between tan and light tan. I’m leaning towards light tan but would love to see comparisons if anyone else has come across a good one.

3. Gosh he’s so pretty… I’m still awaiting Chi Ye. I think I’ll sit this one out.

Do you guys have any recommendations for clothing these tall bois?

4. Re: extra static hands she did not specify in her Chinese order that it would be extra time, only that the jointed hands would be about an extra 1~2 months more. I would assume then that static hands do not add extra time, or negligible time. Jointed hands are not part of the standard order and have always been an optional add on in her official Chinese orders.

Re: comparison of colours, light tan is similar to 2021 onwards soom Tawny and tan is similar to soom bronze.

Re: clothing size, ID75 fits legs with a little bit of space as his legs are skinnier, but don't expect buttoned tops to do up because the chest is bigger. You can try loose fit ID75 but most popular TB shops that make clothes for large dolls will have YC76 as an additional size these days anyway.

5. @Setsura - thank you! That was really helpful!

Do you happen to have any insight for how close to the release estimates YiCen is?

6. My friend put the first release light tan WuQi body on a 2020 tawny Narmer and the match was basically immaculate. Tawny has gotten progressively redder since about 2021 I'd say, but I think it would still match the 2021 ones well and any recent ones shouldn't be too different either.

Yicen herself doesn't claim to match any colours, they're her own resin colours, and I find as a general rule of thumb her resin tends to be more on the slightly yellow side (esp that white) than the red side. Her tan (first WuQi release) is very similar to my soom bronze (but not the same) and I find it errs slightly on the yellow side. If you put it with my tawny heads it's slightly too dark, if you put it with my bronze heads it's slightly too yellow and just a TINY bit lighter. It's closer to my 2019 bronze (more yellow) than the latest bronzes which are very red, but if you're not that picky, or you get a faceup, you can probably match it without much problem imo.

You can probably use tan to match a soom tawny (the new redder ones) OR bronze without things looking too off but I don't think you can match a light tan with a bronze is probably how I'd put it.

I will say to take what I say also with a grain of salt as SOOM colours are notoriously all over the place, and as with all companies, different batches of resin will look different. However, if you're generally not too sensitive to colours, then I don't think there will be a big problem.

7. Thanks for the details, @Setsura ! I caved in myself a day ago and ordered CL tan in the 77 body who’ll be shared between my floating tan heads.

8. Really appreciate the extra time you’ve taken to describe the colors!
      I also ended up ordering Chong Lin F 76 in light tan because it just sounds right and I’ve been wanting a big boy. The body sculpting and engineering also look really good and I’m super excited to be able to mess with him.

9. I'm new to this thread and I am wondering if anyone could describe the normal skin color.

10. I

11. I pre ordered him in light tan,as I was afraid the tan might be a bit to orange going by photos.

12. I was hoping the same with the eyes…I like how they look in photos though

13. I'm going in with a more positive outlook with this since the head is a bit bigger. Its a 14.5 so I'm hedging my bets on glass eyes to get maximum eye visibility :D
      I had this issue with a Ringdoll sculpt that had an extremely narrow eye and small head (non-75cm) so I had to be very conscious of super dark eyeliner for faceup and looking for super small iris molds. I think this will help with painting him, too :D

14. I think the larger head will def make the difference.
      I love my Ring dolls,but they have such small heads in my opinion. It’s harder to find wigs and eyes that fit well.

15. I know we probably have a while yet but I've got everything ready for Chi Ye! I've got 2 outfits, his wig, eyes and shoes. So excited! :D

16. What are other ~70-75cm boys that work well in scale to the proportions of YCDOLL? I’m still waiting on Chong Lin but heavily considering another companion.

17. Idealian 75 looks good together.

18. Moonlight let me know their orders are being sent piecemeal but they estimate that I should have a shipping notice in roughly two weeks. We’ll see but I’m excited and I hope the shipping cost isn’t too bad.

19. I hope it’s not too bad…I’ve hard horror stories of how expensive shipping fro ycen is :...(

20. Wish me luck! I'll let the thread know once I get my shipping notice. I am SO thrilled to meet him! I've got everything ready for him, I just need HIM!