1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes They creep people out but....

Nov 11, 2009

1. Oh totally! Everytime I go to Walmart one of my boys goes with me. There's an assistant manager there that just adores Hajime and gushes about him whenever he sees him.

When we went to Yaoi con, he rode on the seat back tray in the plane. The flight attendants thought that was a hoot.

2. lol. I like the weird doll eyes too. I love to mess with people, but my best story was actually unintentional. My psychologist wants to see my dolls, so one day I brought in my Pipos Dali. I pulled her out of my purse to see a kind of blank expression on the psychologists face, and it turns out she has a really weird fear of rabbits. To make matters worse, my little rabbit has semi-creepy pupiless, pale purple eyes. I think also the Dali sculpt is a bit creepy on its own in a way, regardless of rabbit phobias or weird eyes.

3. I used to take off the head cap of my Ethan(gentle soori from iplehouse), changed his eyes before 2 new flatmates and the 2 poor girls went dumb. Yeah it was part of my plan^___^ V.

Once I handed my Woland (souldoll chiron) to a friend of my autie's. She almost dropped him to the ground screaming 'he is MOVING on his own!!!'. Well, sure we all know what tight strings can do:lol:..

I'd love to take them out more often to see people's reaction, as long as my dolls don't get hurt!

4. :lol: I'm sorry, it's probably terrible, but I find that hilarious. And I agree, Dalis are kind of creepy..I think I like that about them, though. Yes, weird eyes FTW! Most of my guys have them. >.<

Speaking of eyes, I just remembered-we have this neighbor who is creeped right the freak out by watching me de-wig, pop off the head cap and change the eyes of my dolls...so I do it front of her as much as possible.:sneaky Her reaction (and that of anyone else watching, really) is highly amusing. (Have I mentioned that I have a weird snse of humour and possibly a tiny mean streak?)

5. I love to creep people out with my boys, because the people in the city around where I live now are idiots and will stare for no reason. Generally when I'm carrying J, his head is turned out to watch where we're going. I often turn his head to face anyone who is caught staring when me making eye-contact doesn't work (though that usually does because for some reason people HATE it when you catch them).
      When out with multiple doll people, once, we were sitting waiting for a subway, and a full one going the other way stopped.. and of course, people were watching us so I turned J that way and started making him wave. In the end there were 3 SD boys waving at the train. People actually waved back, it was kind of fun.

6. XDD This thread is great~*

We have this large glass display case in my living room (Right near me, actually o: ) that is full of Beanie Babies & Lisa Frank Plushies. I'm hoping that one day we'll move most/all of them out and I can put my dolls in there c:
      So then when people are coming to visit or there's going to be a party, I can put my dolls up against the glass and make them look like they're trying to break out and get people >8DD It'll be perfect for Halloween <3
      (But birthdays are another thing X] )

7. Oh yes. :3 I didn't even have to leave the house. I already posted this in the funny/horrible thread but...

I shall preface this by saying my dad's a little freaked out by the dolls.

I have a shotgun that's almost perfect for Dakota so I put him on the arm of the couch near where my dad puts his briefcase when he comes home, right where he'd have to see Dakota holding the shotgun, like he was waiting for my dad to come home. xD

It took him a minute, but when he saw it he kind of jumped back and did a double-take. xD

8. I would totally do something like this xD
      Or try... I'm not good at pranks =P

But I could not take my little ones out since Mimi is a little too little to be creepy and Merry was just recently still a naked 60cm boy....

I'll have to try and bring him with me the next time I go shopping though!

9. Thank You ^_____^

10. LMAO! That sounds like so much fun! The closest I've ever come to deliberately freaking folks out is sitting my doll in the baby carrier of the cart when shopping. (And often that is quite enough to garner some strange looks.)

11. Oh, good one! :lol: I don't have a doll yet, but that type of thing would be what I would do to creep people out. ;)

12. I try not to creep people out with my dolls when I bring them out in public. Stares are an expected and inevitable result of a grown man carrying a cute doll out in public. 99.9% of the people who stare are merely curious about the dolls.

Stares, I can deal with, and doesn't really bother me. Ignorant and rude comments however, are another matter.

13. I sometimes try to freak out my boyfriend, because he goes on and on how macabre they are, especially when headless/bodyless. He doesn't flinch at most of the things on 4chan though, so he deserves it, muhahaha.
      I just show him my floating heads, and loose eyes just for shits and giggles :lol: He hates it.
      I don't do it to other people though, because there are some folks out there with serious doll phobia, and me having only just recovered from a phobia I've had for 16 years know how horrible irrational fears make you feel.

14. Havent done it on purpose, at work once I had May's head off to put on an outfit and my boss walked by and was lie "are those dolls? Those are CREEPYDOLLS!" and like walked away fast.

Then I showed my mom a head I got before I had the eyes or wig for it and she wa slike "Gosh thats creepy, wheres the rest of it?"

My little brother whenever I leave the room poses my two 60cm boys together like snuggling if I EVER leave them in the living rtoom alone. Like once he was in bed "sleeping" and I had just gon to my room to get something and somehow between there and back he had done it and I yelled his name and heard him laughing saying that I denyt them theyre freedom. gr...

15. I tryed to freak out my boyfriend's nephew with Archane (who was tricked out as a marionette at the time) ... but he just tried to hug him -_-; I think they got too used to 'crazy aunt Ayila and her dolls' ... although his mom still tells him and his sisters that the dolls will get angry if they're bad at my house ^.^

16. I don't bring my dolls out at all (I'm still a little self-conscious about them), but it would be hilarious to see peoples reactions like that! I do keep my dolls in my dorm room though and almost everyone who walks in calls them creepy so I should totally do something like that! :mwahaha

Its funny, I see these dolls so much now on the forums, and the ones my mom and sister own, plus mine, I don't even recognize them as being creepy anymore. Like sometimes I even try to look at them as creepy, and I just. Can't. Do. It! Its like one of those pictures where you either see the old woman and the young lady, and once you see it one way you can't go back. So sometimes I forget that other people see these dolls as creepy... Until they forwardly comment on them :roll:

17. Whenever someone spends the night at my house they want to sleep on my top bunk, and I usually don't care.
      I once left my girl up there without her eyes in and they leaped out of my room with hearts beating fast.
      It was hilarious xD

18. OMG that is TOOO funny!!! Now I wish I had a bunk bed I would pose them like they were climbing up to get them Via chucky style >.>

19. Well... This is a fun story. One of my friends is learning how to talk without moving the mouth, i don't remember how it's called (more like i can't say it in english, but oh well)
      so we often go around and bring Purple (she's creepy) with us, and when someone stares too much, she starts talking so that it looks like it is the doll... People reactions' are simply priceless.

20. OMG that is EPIC!! In English, it's called ventriloquism ^^
      THat is so so cool though, I'm going to have to get one of my friends to try that out with me when I get my boy :lol: