1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes They creep people out but....

Nov 11, 2009

1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA thats gives a WHOLE new meaning to creepy! Epic win!

2. bumping for more stories

3. Haahahaha. XD A few weeks ago, the light in our dorm room busted and we had to wait a whole day for the maintenance guys to come back to fix it. During that time, the only light source we had was the window. My roommate NnyF and I were having a ball of a time making funny faces at the people that went past, confusing them, until she decided to run over, grab Lu, and add HER to the mix. :lol: We propped her up so it looked like she was clawing at the window trying to get out and waited for the reactions. People started walking faster when they went by our room. XD

And, uh, Twilightdragon? I wouldn't recommend bumping a thread multiple times in one day. That's kinda against the rules. And...pretty pointless in a general discussion thread.

4. hehe yea, I went to Unversal Studios City walk for a meet and while we were eating this guy made it very clear he didnt like us or the dolls, so I stood my DOD Shall up and posed her like a zombie (you know with the arms out and head to the sideish) and took a pic from the front of the restraint he was really annoyed and creeped out he sat in his chair till he was done eating and then ran "literally" ran out of the place... hahaha

I take my littlefee with me everywhere and take pictures of her often in public I get a few looks and a few questions but I tell them its an art project and they leave me alone.. :D

5. Omg XD now i really cant wait to get my first bjd, I'm so planning on creeping out my teachers with it at one point! like i dunno if i hid an arm or head in like their desk or something XD thatd be simply hilarious!

6. Several of my dolls have glass eyes that "track". They will seem like they're looking right at you, even though their heads haven't moved. My husband feels uncomfortable around those dolls because they're always watching him. I was doing a group shot in the same room as him, and he named off all of the dolls that were "staring" right at him.

Sometimes when we're watching TV together and I have a doll, when he's not looking, I'll move their heads so they're looking at him. He'll jump when he notices they've moved.

I also like popping open their heads or taking them off entirely in front of people. Most of the time they're like :o

7. Hah, I always creep out my mom when she's searching through the fridge. I set Tobias on the counter behind her with his arms out kind of Zombie-like and she always turns around and jumps at the sight of him! I'm glad she hasn't freaked out and knocked him onto the floor or anything yet. This thread is giving me good ideas for more pranks. XD

My brother always puts him in the oddest positions when I leave him on the desk while I'm brushing my teeth or something in the washroom, more annoying than creepy really.

8. I do this too.

9. I took my my Apollo boy to school once and left him alone (I watched from far away) and some kids came up and looked at him. Then his arm moved (being loos and and stuuf like that.) They screamed and ran away. I could not get over how funny it was.

10. Oh, hahah sorry ^_^ I thought it was just against the rules for the selling threads ^^;;

11. i didn't do it on purpose but one of my boys sometimes does.. and i love the reaction of some people.. :P heck, he sometimes creeps me out with his glare.. just that glare.. O.o

12. No, I haven't and won’t try… do not wish to bear responsibility for someone’s heart attack LOL
      But your stories are really funny!

13. I haven't done anything like that, not that I'm above those sort of shenanigans. I have told one of my co-workers who claims to be afraid of my dolls that he should be, they want to steal his soul. Mwha, ha, ha.

14. You are correct, it is only against the rules in sales threads to the best of my knowledge. And we all know how quickly things can get buried, sometimes if you are interested in a Discussion or are looking for an answer bumps can be helpful. If you become uninterested, you can always unsubscribe to that particular thread.

15. Ok I though so Thank you;:)

16. My girl doesn't usually bother people, at least people I know usually just find her mildly interesting, interesting, or ignore her. The only time she's bothered people was when I was taking a class in the sculpture department (I'm a "moving images" animation, video and the like student) and had made a couple pieces meant to be in scale to her. The class couldn't decide if they liked it better with or without the doll, so my prof removed her and set her on the floor against the wall with him, except... she collapsed, folded up funny and sat there with her head tilted glaring at him. It was the angriest motion I've ever seen her do, and he ended up turning her head away since she was bothering him so much. Totally not my fault there. XD

17. Yes, I've purposely creeped people out.

When I visit a city for a shopping trip, and are stopped at a traffic light, I will hold Tamar up to the window on my side so that shes looking straight at the vehicle next to us, and I keep myself facing forward, kind of like I don't know shes there. When I look out the corner out of my eye people are looking at her, kind of paranoid. It's quite hilarious.:lol:

18. Well, heheh.... Reika does a good job of scaring people on her own. This girl at school saw Reika once, and I deliberately pulled out Reika's foot joint to show my friend, who loves BJD's how she was strung. Girl pulled this absolutely horrified face, it was kinda funny! I've also pulled off Reika's faceplate and moved the eyes around using the little stems in the back *it creeped people out enough that her face was removable* I made it look like Reika's eyes were following this one guy around the room xD Reactions were priceless. I like freaking people out with her, and Reika seems to get a kick out of it too.

19. I used to take Huntyre (my Chiwoo) with me everywhere so I was quite used to getting crazy looks. Luckily for me I live in a rather rich area of town so nice things aren't super rare to see.... Normally if I have someone staring at me I'll just make him wave or nod his head or something.

Some people smile, some laugh, some move on like nothing ever happened. I don't think I'd intentionally creep someone out because let's face it, we as people creep people out enough without our dolls adding into it.

20. Hahah, you have a point about people being creepy, but hey at least we are a 'fun' creepy haha