1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes They creep people out but....

Nov 11, 2009

1. We are a fun creepy, that's for sure. I just like to make sure it stays fun. If I creep someone out it could be one more person to hate the hobby without understanding it. ^__^

Though, I will say, it's not too creepy... but I do love saying 'oh, he's a boy.... AND I CAN PROVE IT!'

2. That is just hilarious. I haven't done anything yet since I just got my first girl last week, but I have done something similar with a gryphon I bought at a renaissnce festival. People just freak when he starts moving.

The only thing that's happened it that my mom said my doll freaks her out cuz she looks like a grasshopper with her long limbs and big eyes.:lol:

3. I have only taken my boy to the fabrics store and Target. No one was creep out by him, a few people who approached me like him very much

When I was in China and walking around with my Yo (to take pictures etc) all of the people who walked by me were interested in seeing what in the world I was doing and none was creep out by my Yo. They all said the it was interesting

4. i have never tried to scare anyone with my doll, he's too cute to scare anyone. i will most definitely try when i get my new one though!

5. I creep my dad out with them. Whenever he's working from home and on a conference call I take off one of there heads, walk into his office and with doll head in hand I stare blankly.... he jumps three feet off his chair and then starts laughing. My poor father.... XD I cause him so many distractions. I've made plans to scare his girlfriend in the future... especially since she says that I'm too old to play with dolls and that I shouldn't have random expensive collections. :)

6. I love to stand my girl around and just turn her head to stare at people. My mom is used to me so she ignores it but it freaks my neighbour out so bad. He's quite funny. He used to hate my Pullips so much. When he first met my Delf he almost told me to put her back in the house heh. I'd really like to startle someone but so far haven't gotten any good chances.

7. I only ever take my dolls out if there's a meet. I did bring a tiny to work with me today, but she's sitting in my overhead cabinet locked away because people have sticky fingers. That and I'm going to Target later on to see if I can find her some clothes.

8. Haha, the only time I've "creeped out" anyone with my Lewis is when we were at the craft store in the bear/doll aisle and this woman was giving me odd, disapproving glances. (*GASP!* A girl her age carrying a doll in public! How taboo! oOo) and I gave her an awkward smile to try and deter her staring and let her know I saw her. She looked at me so...judgmentally that I just shrugged and looked away, picked up a teddy bear sized hat and placed it on Lewis's head and asked, "Do you like that Lew? *grins* I do too, it looks great on you! Ok, we're totally getting this!" and plonked him in the baby-seat in the shopping cart, still wearing the hat. I looked up just in time to see the woman flee. XD

Oh, and another time, I took of Lewis's head to put on a shirt that's neck was a tad too small to fit over his ears, and my dad walked in the room, and I skipped up to him and went, "Hey Dad, guess what? HEAD!" and stuck Lewis's head in his face. He jumped back a good three feet. xP

9. I have never intentionally scared any one with my doll.

But one day i was on my way home form getting him some new shoes and he was sitting on my lap. I was on the light rail train and as the car filled up no one would sit next to me. There would be no other seats open and still no one sat next to me. I just smiled to myself.

Also my dolls eyes can "track" and I had him sitting at a table at a con and one of my friends kept moving seats but he was always looking at her.

10. Nuuu, not me personally... But I sleep with a doll on my bedside table... and when I lived with my family my brother snuck into my room and moved Hayden out into the living room.

When I came out I was all 'How... did he get there? ._.;; '

And Jack replied with 'I... don't.... know! 0____0 '

He couldn't keep a straight face for long, but he tried.

11. I've only had my boy for a few days now, but the other day I had him sitting on the ironing board next to my brother's computer. My brother was busy playing WoW and after a while he looked up, then looked to me and said; "Um, why is he staring at me?"
      I laughed so hard and said; "He's been staring at you with quite a puzzled expression for almost 20 minutes now! Didn't you see me plop him down there?" :lol:
      My brother then said; "Yeah, but it didn't register until now that he was looking at me."

I had to laugh. I'll definitely have fun creeping people out with him XD

12. All my dolls, plus those belonging to my daughters and housemate (so a total of over 20 dolls) sit on a set of shelves in the living room and on a shelf over my desk that sits next to it. There have been a couple of times we've had a guest sleeping on the couch in there, and I've snuck in whilst they were sleeping and carefully moved all the dolls' heads so that when they woke up, all the dolls would be staring at them. That's usually a good one for freaking them out, and ensures they won't outstay their welcome!

13. Hahah. My friends sister is terrified of dolls and I had Layla with me, so when she wasn't looking I turned her head to look at her and she looked back and I made her wave. She *freaked*, hahaha.

14. In a city I positioned my H. Ducan to look out the window where an entrance to the subway was, lots of people almost tripped on the stairs doing double takes. My favorite was when I had Kanako with me at a place and the waiter was unnerved the moment he saw her on the table. So I repositioned her in various ways whenever he left so when he came back or walked by she'd be staring at him yet in a different place or pose. It's really fun to do that stuff. =D

15. That is brilliant, I'll have to try that!!!

16. i brought my floating head to school to show my friends and i think he is adorable and no way scary, even if he is eyeless and has no face-up :D he is my baby but apparently my reading teacher didn't thinks so. I bring him in the classroom and she squeals and walks away and trys to cover her eyes when she passes me.
      >w< seems my boy is quiet scary :sweat
      i also scared a guy in my class but that was on purpose :)

17. Oh goodness yes..I try to freak people out with Sade whenever i can xD It's just fun.

So I was sitting in a chinese resteraunt and had Sade sitting in the chair across from me (though he looked quite funny, even though he's 70cm he's still short in a chair XD) and these 4 teenage girls came in with an older guy and sat down with their food at the table right next to me. I merely glanced at them when they passed me but a moment later i looked back and ALL of them were staring at Sade.

So after they turned their head I decided to plop Sade up on the table and take off his faceplate...I said quite loudly to my mom sitting next to me "I think his eyes are crooked! Mabye I should take one out! *pops eye out*" I looked over again and saw one of them starring in sheer horror xD Priceless :aheartbea

(Sade was happy with my antics as well xD)

18. I haven't done it on purpose, but I took my kids to the mall, I was carrying Keth'riel (RS Long) and my friend was carrying Keely (RS Mei) and we went into hot topic, some girls where talking over all the "New moon" stuff and we stopped to look at a jacket, they saw them, started talking amongst themselves and then walked to the other side of the store, we chuckled, and kept shopping, again we ended up int he same asile as them and they freaked again and were gone out of the store XD Now mind you these aren't your "Normal" hot topic shoppers they where deffinetly only their for the "New Moon" Merch.

19. Great stories guys ^_^ hahah

20. I don't try to creep anyone out in public, but I think it's funny to do when my siblings visit if it's in subtle way. One of my brothers calls my dolls "hideous" (which to him, any girly thing is hideous, haha), so I'll position them (especially Suiseiseki with those big eyes) to make it seems as if they're staring at him. Sometimes it will take some time to get a reaction, but regardless of what it is, I usually think it's funny.