1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes They creep people out but....

Nov 11, 2009

1. I don't really think I have deliberately tried to freak anyone out with my dolls in public. I'll admit I do quite a load of wacky things in public with them, such as climbing in a tree with my Hid... in savannah, where weirder crap has happened (I have never seen so many panty photoshoots on the streets of a city in my life!). My friends home in Tx all have them so we go in doll herds to the mall. We do get attention from people interested in buying them. (definately people in hot topic, I think we got stuck in one for atleast an hour because we kept getting questions about our dolls.) I find different ways of trolling people such as pulling all of the T-rex action figures off of the shelf in the local target and putting them on the floor in rows like soldiers in the middle of the isle. I carried one of my boys around Savannah and took pictures, the tourists were disturbed, the rest of the population just shrugs it off as "Ohhh it's one of those art students agaaaiin."

2. I've been creeping people out with dolls since long before I had a BJD. I customize Cabbage Patch Kids, see my avatar. Don't you all just want to hug and love him?

But for creeping out people with BJDs the best was when I just got my DZ Yuu and took him with me to a Pokemon tournament my friend was judging to wait for her to finnish. I took off his head cap and replaced the icky DZ eye putty with silicone ear plug stuff right there. Several of the boys freaked out.

3. SkyFire Fox: LAWL XD I can imagine how strange that must have looked to them, Cabbage Patch Sephiroth is WIN XD

4. I have a friend who thinks my dolls are very odd, and the next time he comes over I'm planning to sit them is his favorite chair. He won't be able to see them (because of the arm of the chair) until he almost sit on them, and I can't wait to see his face :D

5. this is great. i haven't done anything yet but the evil and mischievious side of me is coming up with lots of ideas muhahaha! *cough**cough* excuse me ^^;;

6. Lol. These are all very entertaining. My friends are creeped out just by my doll being in the same room XD I don't really have to do much.

7. hahaha its fun isn't it?

8. At Halloween I took my boy's eyes out and sat him on my window-sill looking out onto the street. Unfortunetely not many people walk by, plus it got really sunny so I had to take him down. Plan fail!

9. I like to continuously move them around when I have people over, without them noticing. Like leaving a doll outside my bathroom door to stare at them when they come out. xD They're usually more like "Wtf? o.O" than actually scared, but it's amusing nonetheless.

10. I don't usually take my dolls out but when I take them outside to photograph them I always get looks from passers-by

11. i get some odd looks when i'm outside taking photos, but i never deliberately scare people with my dolls. why? because i want people to respect me and not think i'm some immature child. this hobby is already viewed as crazy enough and i would not make it worse for myself like that.

12. I -love- freaking people out with my dolls. The first time I did it, I was in the city, and waiting for some friends. I had my yoSD with me at the time, and I had her in the window, waving at people or moving her head to watch people walk by. Several people nearly ran away from the window. Then, I had her standing near the bottom of the escalator (I was within reach of course). And people would look, look away, I'd move her to be waving or pointing up at them, then they'd look back, and JUMP because she was like staring them down. It was awesome. Several people just started laughing after they got over their fright.

I took the same doll to a resturant after work to meet with my doll friend. Well, we had her head open and were fiddling with the eyes and wig. Two waitresses were staring in horror, totally entranced, and crashed into one another. Not intentional..and I felt bad..after. But at the time I just laughed.

A few months ago I took Jaden (my woosoo) with me to a resturant at like..1 in the morning (I had to pick up a friend and Jaden was attached to me..I had nowhere to place him). So we were waiting to be seated, and I see this whole booth of teenage girls, peeping over the back to stare. And several other booths had turned around and everyone was staring. So I just casually pulled his wig and headcap off, and demonstrated how to move the eyes. Many booths were so horrified, they turned around and refused to look at me. The interested people got the nerve up though and asked me about them..and I showed his stringing and everything. When we sat down, i put him so he was looking out the window at everyone walking by. Caused several doubletakes.

13. I've yet to really scare anyone (on purpose XD). If there's anyone I want to freak out, it's the snooty types who are all "you're too old for dolls". I went to a meet-up at a mall once. Most people looked weirded out, but I couldn't believe just how many people looked angry! Like they were mad that the group of us were carrying around these toys. It was odd to say the least.

I did however take my Volks DD, Paprika, with me to the Rennaissance festival. I had her in a yoga mat bag hanging out over the draw-string top. (they make great carriers for SDs btw). Some people stopped me thinking I was carrying an actual person around! One lady kinda' yelped when I pulled Paprika's wig off. She said from a distance I just looked like a person holding a baby, and of course was mortified to see me "scalp" her. ^_^

14. I don't have mine yet, but something that comes to mind is when my puppy was about 6 months old (and f***ing ADORABLE) and I carried him into a am/pm to get some water. I noticed this lady giving us sidelong looks so I turned to her and "introduced" him. She stared at me and said really slowly while backing up that she "didn't like dogs, one of them bit her son". I just stared at her flabbergasted. He weighed about 5 pounds at the time and looked like an oversized beanie baby, if he decided to attack her she literally could have just swatted him away! I'm expecting a similar experience with Balsamine (what I've tentatively named my AOD, it means Touch-Me-Not lol) and have already decided not to freak people out. God forbid they flail and strike her and she falls....I would have to murder them. Plus, I don't like it when people use my phobia against me so I'd rather not contribute to something that I view as kind of heartless.

15. I was out to eat with my boyfriend and brother (both whom love Noah to pieces and are saving for thier own dolls) to visit with an old teacher of mine, some old women were staring at me so I popped No's head cap off and they looked away. It was the most satisfying thing other than actually getting him home that happened.

Long story short. Yes. I intentionally freak people out.

16. never brought my dollie into public places...my sister thinks BJDs are cool and the co-owner (my best friend James) of Toko is neutral, his mom loooves them though, she's into lots of dolls.

17. unfortunatly my very best friend is scared to high heaven of dolls. if i ever did that, my doll would be no more, she would throw it in a fire or a lake or smash it with a hammer or some thing horrible and then she would never speak to me again.. but maybe i can come up with a way to scare random strangers tho...

18. Yes and no.
      Right off the bat, I get, "She's so creepy!"
      Then I pop off her head.
      Oh the joys I have <3

19. I'm too nervous to take mine out of my house D: So no :P I generally ignore people while I'm out, though. I doubt I'd bother to do it if I could.

20. I creep my co-workers out with some of my dolls' pictures.....I don't understand why though......they are cute to me!:?