1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes They creep people out but....

Nov 11, 2009

1. People either love or creep out on these dolls. Had mine at the Grand Arcade last week. Akito was very popular. My friend and I met up for a coffee and a body brushing discussion. Had a blast!

2. When I get my doll I will! I will think of great pranks on my brother because he annoys me so bad about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      REVENGE TO COME :mwhaha

3. Lol I would sooo d the same thing XD!!!!!! I do not have a bjd yet but the ones i show my parents on the internet get called creepy lol. So one day i was contemplating painting one face myself, so i was looking at their heads of course, well i got up to walk my dog and i put my screen savor on (forgetting that there were like 9 blank eyeless heads on my screen) when i cam back my dad said "let me borrow you computer for a second" my reply was "sure". Well my daddy takes my computer and shuts the screen savor off to a sight of a swarm of little "alien" heads staring at him lol. He let out a little squeak and shut down my internet, then with hi face returning to its color asked "what were those evil little thing???" i just said "a doll head" and he gave my computer back lol!!! it doesn't sound to funny but it was more the look on his face than anything lol

4. Omigosh wow!
      Unfortunately, I don't have the balls to do anything cool with my doll, heheh.

5. I took my girl out in order to size the prints on fabric. I had her in a fabric tote to protect her from the sun. When I took her out, people were floored that a 40+ year old woman was carrying such a doll.

On another occassion, I took her to the hair salon because her wig was wacky. I ask for assistance and they thought I had simply lost it. I was the talk of the place (even stil today!!)

Once you get past the stares and the looks as if you are toatlly insane, it is fun when you turn it around and enjoy their surprise. Heehee!! AnnMarie

6. loving these stories I must go terrorize more people soon. ha ha

7. Haven't done it yet but my friend and I were wanting to play a prank on another friend who is not a doll owner. Playing the second Fatal Frame there is a whole arch having to do with dolls. It's so awesomely creepy! We want to set up our little kimono clad dolomi's so that when she turns while we are playing Fatal Frame she will freak out! lol She's always saying how she doesn't get scared at anything so she's asking for it.

8. I took Gryffin to the mall once deliberately to gauge people's reactions to him (it was our first and only time in public). I had one Chinese girl recognize him for what he is (and he made her happy), several comments on how lovely he is, and the waiter at the sushi place we went to played along with me so well he got a very good tip.

But this one guy at a perfume kiosk called me over on the pretense of selling me perfume just so he could look at Gryffin. He asked me with that TONE that people get when they think you are crazy / immature / stupid / whatever whether I took my doll everywhere with me.

"Of course," I said seriously even though it was a complete lie. "He's my spiritual protector. There's so much negative energy that collects in a place like this. I don't know what I would do without him. Would you like to hold him? He thinks that you have a lot of bottled up negative energy."

As I'm talking, this poor kid is sinking lower and lower behind his counter, obviously wishing he'd never seen me much less spoke to me. I leaned over, smiling, and asked him if they carried my favorite perfume.

"That's a discontinued scent," he squeaked, staring hard at Gryffin. I thanked him, wished him a good day, and went about my business. It wasn't my intention to purposefully frighten anyone, but the way he asked me that question made it pretty clear that he already thought I was nuts - why not liven it up?

9. After reading all of these stories, I think I'm going to be a bit braver and take my dollies out too! Well...maybe if the bf is with me. I'll probably the purple one...that would create a bigger reaction with her big eyes...and purple skin and what not... *schemes*

Wish me luck! XD

10. That is priceless. I wish I had the nerve, or was witty enough, to do something like that :)

11. I second the taking the doll to the hair salon...I'm known as "The girl who takes weird looking toys (anime figures) into the salon as a reference." It's not my fault I swear...when you ask someone to do something and then they cut all your hair off you kinda start to try new things. >.<

But, that's probably off topic...but I swear it was for a reason...'cause when I brought a doll into the same salon asking if they could maybe give me advice/help me cut her wig. Even saying I was willing to pay for a 'haircut' they all just stared at me and then one of them asked "So...is the doll under the children's price of the adult?" It was absolutely priceless!

As for taking dolls to the mall...don't do it...it's evil...! >.<

12. I'm planning on freaking my boyfriend out this weekend since he thinks that dolls are scary and he doesn't know that my doll head is supposed to arrive before we head to a con this weekend....guess whose waking up face to face of a bald, eyeless, bodyless doll head xD

I'm really excited : D

13. Haha it would be funny to do this but I never take mine out.

14. I'm actually taking Theo to the movies today, maybe I'll get a chance to scare someone >> His red eyes are always what gets people, it seems!

15. You, I had mix feeling about walking around with my bjd but after reading this thread, I'm definitely going to do this! XD

16. i havent scared anyone with my dolls on purpose *not that i wouldnt*
      but i have one doll she's supposed to be the white rabbit so she's a beauty white with pink/red eyes
      when i first got her one of my frinds screamed "oh god why does it have the skin of dead people and the yes of satan!" which just made me laugh
      aaaand last week i got a pair of eyes in the mail and i was exited cause i love gettign mail so i showed my mom saying "look what i got mom im so happy it came in so fast!" and shes used to my hobby so she srugged it off saying coll yeah whatever
      but my sister just happened to be visiting so when she asked what i got i forgot that she has a major doll phobia..JUST because of dolls eyes so she kinda screamed and yelled at me to put them away...
      i laughe dthough