1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ylisande and TL2/twigLimbs2 body Discussion Thread

Jun 1, 2008

1. :sumomo:I am loving those lips on her, what a body she has more curves baby! I would love to own her, but I don't have anymore room for a big girl unless I get rid of 1 SD size:(. Can't wait to see owner pics....oh what will her price range be??

2. Hi there,
      First, please feel no need to hurry. The masters won't be here for another week, then we'll be molding them and casting them carefully here in the US. We decided to sell dolls as we make them, rather than take pre-orders. I imagine we'll have some ready to go later this summer.

I'm not sure about how the skin tones will match ElfDoll resin, but I do have some ElfDolls here I can eventually shoot comparisons with.

I really enjoy my Twiglimbs body too, and it's very exciting working with Twigling on her latest creation.

Catrina

3. Thanks Catrina! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
      I will be certain to keep an eye out for announcements! Do you have a mailing list specifically for the Twiglimbs2 which I can sign up for?

:aheartbea

4. Ha! I totally see a resemblance to you, not the lips so much but in the face structure and the eye and cheekbone areas. She is your creation after all. People say my paintings often look like me, often I don't see it either, maybe it's just suggestion.
      In any event, I love her even more now that I've seen her with eyeballs. She is right up my alley, and the body is very cool.

5. The beauty green is a fluke, I won't be using that resin again. We are planning to do pinkwhite, creamy white and normal skin. So far I have only formulated the pinkwhite colour. There may also be tan versions if we can figure out a good way to make nice tan resin.. preferably sandable;) I'm gonna be casting one offs in special colours with my own molds.. these will probably be auctioned off occasionally.

Thank you :D

Thanks! There are some internal workings that keep the knees in line, and I am still working on perfecting those.

Muahahahahaha! I brought Em out of lurkdom XD If this blasted rain stops I'll be able to cast a doll for myself that I can take down to the next Sydney meet.. then you can paw her in person and realise how utterly much you love 2 minute noodles. Thanks for your compliments :)

Hey Pat ~ thank you! Tracking shows the package hasn't left Sydney yet, but I think she will board a flight today.. I'd give it a week for her to get to the US, and at least another week after that, depending on Armeleia's RL work schedule.

Gotcha! Whatever it is I was trying for it on a conscious level, but who knows what is going on down in the super-ego?? Wish I did have lips like that though.. maybe not quite as big... who am I kidding, I want the Angelina pout!! She really comes to life with eyeballs. In the "first cast pics" she's wearing 12mm eyes but you can hardly see them, the resin cast needs to be beveled out better. In the clay-master pic, she's wearing ginarolo Special eyes in 10mm (colour is caramel).

6. I'll probably be painting a head as soon as it gets to me, whenever that is. :XD: Not that I plan to rush, but I am so excited to have them coming in to work on! :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

If anyone has any particular recommendations for faceups that they'd like to see, please let me know! I only have specific designs for 2 of the 5 heads. :)

7. Heh heh, I love those way big lips. Can't wait to see how you paint the girls armeleia! I would love to see one with really dark eyes (ok ok, smokey if you must boy I hate that term) and naturalish lips.
      Love your girl twig, she is really wonderful, I am excited about her release and sale. To me of course.

8. Just out of interest, I hear there's a US resin that is similar to Volks resin. I know dollstown were planning to use it for their bjds but couldn't because of problems. Will you be using that or normal resin for the dolls?

9. The resin we will be using is made in the US, and it is a normal polyurethane resin. It is white as a base colour before tinting. Whether or not the colour ends up being similar to Volks is still to be decided. I think we will also be putting UV additive in the mix, bearing in mind that this only protects from UV light, not heat-exposure (as in: all resin yellows eventually).

Stella Maris, that's a look I would like to see too!! Plus one that is fairly natural but with darker eyeliner & lashes, not black but a dark brown.. and with pale green or pale blue eyes. I am on edge waiting for her to land on US soil, but tracking says she is in the air now at least.

10. Will she be available for an extended period of time, or will she be a limited run? I just love her, but I don't foresee being able to buy her any time soon, sadly. I've kind of blown my dolly budget for a while, heh.

11. :) She'd look amazing in tan! I would love to own a tan version ^^

12. There's no limit planned for Ylisande to begin with. We may eventually discontinue the headsculpt, but not this year (she's not even out yet anyway) and the body will continue to be available with other heads, although I imagine as I find issues I might try to build new parts to fix any problems, or to make improvements I only think of later... plus the inevitable optional parts that I am looking forward to starting work on;)

Bishette, I am going to attempt a tan doll with my own molds sometime this month (when it stops raining and I have cast a few other urgent things) so depending on the outcome of that we will see what happens with tan Ylisande in the future. I'd like to offer her in as many skintones as possible, but figure it is better to start small and build up as we increase capacity. I am also planning a bronze-filled/ebony one-off later this year :wiggle

13. She's really gorgeous! I'm so excited for you-it seems like this has been such a long labor of love on your end. So exciting to see it moving toward completion!!
      Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Sorry, wasn't too clear about what I meant. The US resin is supposed to be heavy like the Volks (I didn't mean the colour) and is apparently very nice and creamy. It's a very good quality, was what I meant. It will be lovely if the dolls are cast in that. I'm really looking forward to seeing the different face-ups as well. I love her face, it's gorgeous, even the sample face-ups (and I'm not keen on green eyeshadow, LOL).

15. Hi Twigling..I absolutely love the photo of her sitting on the chair....her legs look so gorgeous! (yeay..no cankles!!) You really did an amazing job on her..you should be very proud!

16. Ylisande has landed in the US... we are just waiting for her to clear customs now. I think she charmed the US customs officers and they're taking her to a dinner tonight.. then she'll be jetting off to us tomorrow.

VERY exciting!

17. Hobbysue, we are definitely using good quality materials if I have anything to say about it!! No fillers or anything like that to extend the resin and make the dolls lighter. The finished doll weighs about 1350 grams, and the resin is opaque. If there is interest maybe we can consider using 'french' or translucent resins in the future.

arrowchild, yup definitely a labour of love!! I do this because I love doing it, and I wouldn't make something I didn't like, or send out something I wasn't happy with. Of course I won't be sad if my little one-women business turns a profit this year either;)

Dianna, I must admit I am quite proud of what I have made, but trying to remain humble about it;)

Catrina, I'd love to believe Yli has the power to charm the stone-faced customs officers, but I hope they don't find any reason to detain her!!

18. She is amazing! I've been quietly watching the updates you have posted. I adore this body! Is it possible the creamy white could match minimee resin? I can't wait to see the possible extra parts you mentioned. The idea of a body with a "corseted" waist, or en pointe feet would be phenomenal!

I am in awe of your talent Twigling!

19. The cream white will probably not match.. it's gonna be more like a white with yellow undertones. However the pinkwhite that I have mixed for the doll that Armeleia is painting is a good match for Dollmore resin, and also some Minimee's. It matches okay with my NS Milla J head for instance. No guarantees that this colour will be exactly the same when she's cast by the professionals but I will give them my recipes to try!!

20. Oooooh... you just made my day! :celebrate I'm having such a time trying to find a body for my poor Milla. I'm not happy with the aesthetic of the FDoll body though the resin is a close match, and my other bodies are awful resin matches... plus she tends to look rather big-headed on a lot of the 60cm bodies. :doh

As long as there's a somewhat close match, I'm willing to do some blushing! I would adore one of these bodies for Milla. :aheartbea