1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ylisande and TL2/twigLimbs2 body Discussion Thread

Jun 1, 2008

1. So impressive!

Will it be possible to buy the body separately?

2. Hi Quiet Queen,
      To start with we will only be offering full dolls, but may consider selling parts later on.

3. Update on Ylisande's progress...

We should have her comletely molded by the end of this week. Some of Twigling's parts are very complex and have nearly stumped the experts! But we are making very swift progress regardless.

I'm expecting to see some full dolls ready to go next month. It's been really fun working with Ylisande and the crew here loves posing her.

Catrina

4. I painted another head, and this faceup actually came out! The weather has been so humid and yucky, nothing takes lately. But this one came out with no problems and I really like it.

She's a fun doll to play with. The poseability of the body is pretty sweet. :)

Stupidly, I like this pic best. It's dorky, but I plunked her down on my ironing board while I was rearranging some stuff and she was just like "Hey. Why're you on the floor?"

[​IMG]

Best thing is, nothing's out of joint to get this pose.

5. oh she's beautiful with freckles, lovely work. I'm really learning to love her face! She's a gorgeous red head. :)

6. Oh my gosh, she is gorgeous! Send her to my house immediately. (you never know, it might work...)

7. Ohh my, she is amazing as a red head! Armeleia, do you know what wig you have on her? It really suites her!

*Wants a Ylisande of my own!*

8. The Ylisande body IS fun to pose! :) You guys should be getting excited! She is definitely not a doll for beginner's as has been mentioned before, but she's a really lovely piece of work. She's also probably the best stander out of all my dolls. Her legs will be in positions that no other BJD would stand on (legs turned or slightly bent, that kind of thing), but she will stand like a real trooper. Even on my bumpy 'rock garden' rug. I am also in love with the fact she can easily cross her legs too, due to the unique set of joints she has. And the elbows! OMG, double-jointed elbows that work amazingly well. No more fighting with elbows ever again.

And probably best of all, she's got great boobs. :3

9. Kurosakura, can't wait to get one of my own! The body looks amazing.
      Armeleia, I keep going back to look at that amazing faceup! We all know that freckles don't always look that good, sometimes they look like measles!

10. Sterling, the wig is an old Acquire wig I've had for awhile... I don't have anyone who uses it normally, but I just can't bring myself to sell it because the color is so gorgeous. I'm glad I had it for these pictures!

Seconding Kurosakura's comments on the boobs. May sound weird, but I'm really fussy about doll boobs... a lot of companies seem to sculpt them as though they've never actually seen them. Usually too high and far apart. These are much better. Prolly because they're sculpted by a woman? ;) I'm hoping to get the body blushed and detailed this weekend, but it'll depend on the weather. HUmidity and rain have really been slowing me down.

And Sharon, thanks for the compliment on the faceup - I had so much fun doing the freckles... now I just want to freckle EVERYTHING in the house (Chinchillas included)!

11. Great job on the freckly Ylisande, Armeleia! You are so talented, it's a treat to see all your different ideas for this lovely face.

Update from the molding and casting front-- Ylisande's mold boxes were completed yesterday. The grand finale was her head, which was not as difficult as her hands to mold. Those were molded by a wonderful artist who said he had to "break all the rules" to achieve a many-layered mold for her hands. Next week we'll be finishing off pouring the molds, and then we will begin test casting. Twigling has given me some great skin tone recipes she'd like to try.. so we are looking forward to some beautiful girls next month.
      Catrina

12. That is so exciting Catrina!

13. More hands! I can never have enough optional hands! :D

Wow! Awesome idea! :love

:aheartbea

I do hope that bodies will be available separately someday. I've pretty much tossed all other options out the window in the hopes of getting one for my F-30 girl. :D

14. Any idea on a price for her?? She is really beautiful and if the body poses that excellent....I am interested.

15. Derilan85, I believe Catrina is meeting with the moldmakers again next week to go over the expenses and running costs so we can start working out the prices after that. I believe it will be somewhere in the $600-700 range but we haven't got any exact figures yet.

I've been playing around with tan resin recipes this week and I'll be passing some of them on to the production team to test out. I think the professional quality molds will be better suited to tan resins because the seams should be consistently smaller, which is what you want on a doll if you can't sand the seam off without affecting the colour. It would be a shame not to offer Ylisande in a tan resin because her face is so right for it.
      I even ended up casting a tan doll for myself, but used a lighter mix; since I've damaged my Ylisande head mold (need to remake it) I took the opportunity to re-create another doll that has been waiting three years to be put together and was the whole reason for me deciding to embark on the twigLimbs project in the first place....
      [​IMG]
      Eleuthera is a modded DT Estella which both Armeleia and I have hacked away at, and we got permission from Dollstown to remold her (but not to sell) so she could be a uniform colour, so now she is a light tan.

16. Wow, Armeleia did a wonderful job in painting her, I cant decide which faceup I like better- maybe the freckled one since I have a "thing" for freckles. I just cant get over how unique she looks. And her neck suits her face so well.

17. Wow! I have just spent hours looking at her from start to finish... Truly inspiring! I have wanted to start making dolls for ages but various life pitfalls have stopped me before I could begin but seeing this only makes me want to try. Thank you a "real feminine" doll. Growing up in the lingerie industry I am often disappointed in the view that people put onto bodies especially fantasy ones but WOW that body.... whew I really cannot verbalise how impressed I am! I eagerly ponder saving and maybe just maybe getting one! (crosses fingers, toes, legs...)

18. Eee, I just sold Caldera's original body, so I'm probably going to be banging down the door when the Ylisande order opens up! :D

19. If you can possibly do it Rannon, I encourage you to go here :
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222717
      I went last year and it was amazing, you would really love it.

20. Playing more with different styles... this one I did with more fashion doll repaint-styled lips. (As in, trying to change the shape/dimension of the lips witht he paint)

(NUDITY WARNING! THERE BE BOOBS BELOW!)

[​IMG]