1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ylisande and TL2/twigLimbs2 body Discussion Thread

Jun 1, 2008

1. Wow armeleia! This one is my favorite so far!

2. I for one really hope you're all able to work out the kinks and offer her in a nice, rich, dark resin. I know exactly who I want her to be. Le sigh. She is beautiful.

3. And now for something completely different.

[​IMG]

Ylisande head + Senior Delf body. Not bad as a boy! I think it would work really well on a Super Senior Delf body, but this is what I have. ;) (Please ignore the arm seams.)

Tonight I hope to finish up the highly modified Yli head I've been working on so I can post that!

4. Ooh, very interesting! I love seeing all the different looks you've given Ylisande, Armeleia! It almost makes the wait more bearable! ;)

5. armeleia, you totally read my mind!!!!!!!

6. Update on Ylisande's production---

All her masters are in clay, and we are presently working to configure some new resin injection equipment, which will make filling these large molds faster and more accurate (and bubble-free as well!) The molds must be re-fitted with special tubes to fill the resin. We are now looking at some first dolls coming out in August due to this new equipment. However, the good part is, we feel the quality will be so much better.... thanks to all for their continued interest, and Armeleia for her awesome faceups!

We'll update you here soon with more news!~~

Catrina

7. How exciting!

Just planning ahead here, should we expect the projected cost to rise based on this new equipment? :)

8. I don't think the cost will be higher. It should be approximately the same. As we firm up the final cost, we will definitely let you know.

It's been such a pleasure working on Ylisande's production. The casting and molding crew are all professional sculptors, and they are just in love with her. The quick casting of Ylisande that Twigling sent had to be taken for a photoshoot last week.. and I think the crew is feeling a bit weepy without her sitting in the shop to play with! Her lines are just gorgeous, and she's so much fun to pose....

: - )

9. Another different-looking one - this Ylisande head has been modded. I remember Twigling telling me that part of why she'd made the eyes smaller was because it's easier to mod eyes bigger than smaller. I thought I'd try it out... and for those who prefer bigger eyes, well, rest assured that it's very easy to do! :)

I also modded the mouth quite a bit, opened it and changed the lip shape. She's a little starry-eyed, but I think she's cute. (She's wearing 14mm eyes here, normally I've been putting 12mm eyes in the Ylisande heads).

[​IMG]

I have one more head to go!

10. Thanks! That's good news! :D

Ylisande is amazing, my fingers itch to hold and pose her. I'm insanely jealous of the crew of folks able to have done so already!

Armeleia, another really unique and captivating face! Nice work!

11. She's absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait until she's offered in a tanned resin.

12. Wow, I can't believe how incredible the modded one looks. I love the open mouth.

13. Wow, That's all I can say. How beautiful.

14. I'm glad you like the modded one! :) The head has a lot of different directions it can go in... I actually didn't do this one the way I'd planned, the mouth ended up being open quite a bit further than I'd intended. :sweat Pic to show how open it is...

[​IMG]

I thought it would be fun to open it all the way through and make a teeth plate like Unoa has, but I was too lazy busy.

15. *nods* hum, yes. BUSY!

All the versions of Ylisande are just amazing! Fabulous work, Armeleia.

16. Twigling directed me to this thread today, how could I have missed it?

armeleia! What a great job you have done paiting these girls. I absolutely adore the freckled Ylisande, but then I have a thing about freckles. The modded Ylisande is stunning, so different and so utterly sweet. A princess in distress. The blond one is gorgeous, she looks like an etheral elf. It would be great to have her sitting beside a stream in the forest.

I am really looking forward to having this girl here to snap pictures of. A good thing business is slow this summer, it means I can spend so much more time with Ylisande when she comes around.

17. I LOVE the boy-version of Ylisande! He's quite the sexy dashing gentleman. Still hoping and watching for a dark resined girl, to be my lady, Jackson.

18. I've cast one dark tan doll for a private client, the doll is still curing apparently? Some of the parts are still a bit rubbery ~ it's how the resin works, and then combined with the current cold weather here, but hopefully it will set up, as the earlier samples I did have turned out fine. I'm not sure the Enchantment Doll casts will be this dark to begin with, but we might do different colours (both lighter and darker) in each order period?
      The absolute bonus with this colour is that (when properly cured) the tan is completely sandable and the resin will not be lighter on the sanded areas, which opens a few more avenues for modding, or for people like me who just prefer to have sanded seams on their dolls.

[​IMG]

19. *_______* I love the one with freckles!

20. Skumring, I need to PM you about the doll and heads. It looks like Therese is ready for me to ship her on to you - need to figure out amongst the three of us which head is going with her. (I think at this point the plan is the freckled head and I will lightly freckle the body to match before she goes.)

Last head!
      [​IMG]

I'm on a pearl powder kick lately. ;)