1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youpla Dolls - Discussion - Part 1

Apr 15, 2017

1. I am thinking of ordering Ziya but I am curious about the body. I am new to this so I cannot compare. What do other owners of Ziya think of her possibilities (different poses, standing on her own, sitting etcetera). If you compare this body with other (great) bodies, is this also a good one?

2. Yes, she wears all my MNF tops, dresses and such. I only had to make her new pants :)

3. She is one of the best posing dolls I have. Better than MNF ;)

4. Thanks @Ban Sidhe - that's great news. I sold all my MNFs, but am left with lots of clothes. I can't wait to see what fits her.

5. My Light Tan Ziya is now ordered with a 4-part layaway....YAY!!!

My Olive is with AngelToast still...hoping she'll be ready by end of January/beginning of February...

I went ahead and made Ophèlie a new wig...she reminds me of Whitney Houston...

I quite love her...:D

[​IMG] by shaira, on Flickr

6. @ShairaStar7186 - I love your Ophelie. :love The wig is adorable. What sort of fiber did you use for it?

7. Oh thank you very much!

I used to make reborn babies so I've always bought mohair.

Of course there are so many mohair suppliers I couldn't tell you who I bought it from.

I've had it for years just sitting in a drawer and thought I'd give it a whirl...

Turned out pretty ok.

I do enjoy making wigs! :celebrate

8. @Ban Sidhe thank you for the reference photo!

9. Does anyone have recommendations for wig sizes/brands?

I’m preordering the two lovelies, Ziya and Vana, and looking for a short cut for Vana...Marie’s website says 6-6.5”? (16cm).

Thinking also of commissioning something short, tho.

Everyone’s photos are beautiful, just enjoyed pouring over everything.

#289 smilingcrescent, Jan 11, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    10. Hi everyone, I recently adopted a Vana and she is now on her way to me. I remember reading that these girls are meant to wear 6mm eyes but the eye whites were not wide enough. If I can find oval eyes, would 6mm work or 8mm is still the best option?

11. 8mm oval is the size of the eyes in this pic :

Viktorya

12. Thank you! Alright I will save my money from trying 6mm oval eyes if you feel 8mm are the best.

13. It's fantastic to read how Youpladolls is famous on this forum.
      I find her Ziya's mold perfect. It's one of my favorite. But it's hard to choose.
      Your dolls are stunning.

14. Look who arrived this week! It's my Ziya in light tan, shown here with tan Vaeron elf. I hadn't planned for her to be a redhead but this is one of the few wigs I have that fits her, so red it is. It goes perfectly with the green acrylic eyes Youpla sent with her.
      [​IMG]
      Thanks Marie! I love her!

15. I received my Ziya today, it seems she's a redhead for the moment too. Kyaah~<3 so pretty~<3

[​IMG]

Edit: huh, weird, I didn't move or rename the picture yet the link broke...

#295 Litzski, Jun 13, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    16. I always felt like everyone's Ziyas arrived before mine, yet finally on Thursday my girl arrived at my home as well.

[​IMG]

Curious little side note, she arrived without eyes. Luckily I ordered two extra pairs (for my Ophelie & another doll), but that way at least she does have a pair for now. I've contacted Marie and she will send me another pair soon :). Yay for that.
      So, as you can tell from the picture we haven't fully figured out what style of clothing she is going to wear. But then again she also looks really lovely without clothing at all. And diamonds are a girl's best friend anyway, right?!

17. @Sharkyra She's really pretty with this light purple background :love

My Ziya with my Vlad ♥
      [​IMG]

18. Everyone's Ziyas are looking great! It's funny how many of us are making her a redhead.

19. Thank you all very much.

@vermont chick about the hair color: I usually go with the face-up and try to match it to the eyebrow color. And my Ziya has a reddish brown eyebrows, so I searched for a wig to match it :)

20. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      My light tan Ziya, Molly