1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youpla Dolls - Discussion - Part 1

Apr 15, 2017

1. I had an email from Marie saying that the blank Lupitas will ship next week and the painted ones the week after. Of course, that doesn't mean that shipping will be as fast as usual. The things that have shipped to me recently (from Korea and Russia) seem to be spending a lot of time at airports.

Comparing measurements from the Youpla site, the new body is slightly thinner through the waist and hips. Marie doesn't give the thigh measurements for the new body, but in the comparison photos the new thighs look quite a bit thinner. The ball joints at the hips have been completely revised--they should look better in pants than the original huge balls. The bust is slightly smaller while the legs are slightly longer. I can't wait for Lupita's arrival, because I can't make any clothes for her until I have her in hand. Once I have her I can sew or crochet for Celeste before she arrives.

The problem with buying shoes from Debs' is that most of them are designed for vinyl dolls, so it's hard to predict how they will fit bjds. Fortunately she shows the doll's foot on a ruler so you can see the actual foot measurements. Even so, some styles don't fit as well as others.

2. Did you order with face up? Lupita and Celeste are so pretty. I really like the new body. The hip joints on old body are not attractive. Olive never wears leggings unless her shirt covers the hip bulge. Hopefully they will arrive quickly. :)

3. I ordered Lupita blank, mostly because I don't like the inside of the mouth painted so dark. She should be in the first group that ships. Celeste is the first Youpla doll I ordered with face-up. I painted all the others.

I like the look of the new body but am reserving final opinion until I see how she stands and sits. The photos on the website look promising. I'm with you 100 percent on how unattractive the old hip joints are. They're why my Ziya always wears a dress.

4. I agree: I find the hip joints on Ziya not terrible. The new body looks taller and thinner. It's obvious when Youpla puts her two bodies side by side on her website. I hesitated to crack. But I'm trying to reduce my collection and now my Ziya (Rochaella) is my favorite! But she doesn't have a dress!

5. Where are the photos of body comparison on Youpla site? I would love to see them. I wonder if she will offer selling bodies only?

@vermont chick I am anxious to hear your review of new body and seeing photos of Lupita and Celeste.

6. Thank you! I really like the new body. She is slimmer and should wear Minifee pants nicely.

7. Yes, it will be even better! The old body could already, but it was not perfect. I think it depends on the colors of the fabric.

8. Lupita has shipped! I can't wait to see her in person.:)

9. Thanks! I need drier weather so I can paint her. So far this is the most humid summer we've ever had. I'll do blank pics if anyone is interested...

10. @vermont chick : I don't know if you have already said it but in what color did you take your Lupita?

11. She is tan. I don't know if that is light tan like my Ziya or the darker tan like my Vaeron. It was hard to tell from the photos.

12. My Ziya is also in tan skin. I find it very smooth to touch and beautiful in the picture. Hope you will be satisfied!

13. All three of the skin colors I have are smooth to touch and beautiful, so I know I won't be disappointed.

I don't know if Colissimo is having problems today, but I can't get any updates. I just get a whirly yellow circle.

14. Sorry, but what is Colissimo? :)

15. Colissimo appears to be that part of the French postal service that deals with packages. When you search for an EMS number in France, you land on the Colissimo page of La Poste. Their products and services remind me of UPS in the States.

16. Thanks! I am getting updates from USPS on Ophelie. Hope Lupita arrives soon.

17. I've been checking USPS too. The French site says my package has left France, but USPS still shows the status as pre-shipment. I'll believe what I'm seeing when the package lands in New York.

18. USPS is frequentlly slow in admitting they have a package!