1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youpla Dolls - Discussion - Part 1

Apr 15, 2017

1. That's been my experience, too. Sometimes they even forget to scan the package.;)

2. because postal services just pack them in a container and it sits at the airport untill there is a commercial flight that can take the container across the ocean this could take a while. Once packages are cleared by customs it will say ‘left the country’ but due to less commercial flights due to covid it can take several weeks untill it actually does. You won’t see an update untill the package is checked into us customs and released to usps. Untill then USPS website will not register. I use 17track.net for my international packages. Since they track several Postal and courier services its most of the time more clear on there what is actually going on.

3. @Luna_and_Stelladolls - Thanks! I appreciate the clarification. I figured the package was sitting in a pile at the airport. It's been 10 days now. I just tried 17track.net to see how it works. It says the package is ready to leave as soon as there is room on a courier. So far it's taking longer than packages from Russia and Korea.

4. Sometimes USPS doesn't admit that they have a package. Even before the current problems. I could track a package from Korea and know that it had landed in LA but it was sometimes three or four days before USPS admitted the package was in the US. I think they just let containers sit until they had time to process the packages. Currently times vary widely. I just got a little bubble pack that took thirty days to go from Chicago to LA!

5. Lupita has finally landed in the US. Trouble is, she went to Chicago instead of New York, so now she has to backtrack to reach me. I hope it doesn't take 30 days like your bubble pack did, @nancy_schroeder_ca ! O'Hare used to have the reputation as the busiest airport in the US, which doesn't bode well. On the other hand, if it does take that long, by the time she gets here the weather is more likely to have cooled enough for me to paint her.

6. @vermont chick That was an exceptionally long time. Most go through faster than that. I hope your Lupita flies through! It's better for her to wait for her faceup in the safety of your home.

7. She's still there. I hope they release her by Monday. Totally agree it's better to wait at home.

8. Lately I haven't seen much updating on the weekends.

9. That wouldn't surprise me, although I did have an FID land in New York today. They scanned it about an hour-and-a-half ago. (Everything I ordered in the first half of the year is coming now.)

10. It will be like Christmas in August! :) So many packages are delayed or lost. I have been waiting for an outfit to arrive from NY to WA shipped July 7th. :(
      My Ophelie arrived pretty fast. I hope Lupita arrives this week.

11. It has been Christmas in July here. Everything seems to be arriving at once but one package took a side trip to the USPS Mail Recovery Center after a long period of no activity.

12. I hope your outfit shows up soon, @Oliveoil. It could have come from France in that amount of time. I ordered an in-stock OT doll from Fabric Friends and Dolls in Maryland last week. She arrived four days later, much sooner than expected. Meanwhile, nothing is being scanned today at either O'Hare or JFK airports. When those two arrive, that should be it for a while, although I'm hoping Youpla Celeste will arrive close to my birthday in September. A couple of weeks either way won't make a difference.

13. Smart Doll arrived already?? :)
      My package never got in the container to WA. Hopefully they will find it.
      Keep us posted on Lupita.

14. At least your package was mailed in the States, so you don't have to worry about an overseas loss. With a tracking number they should be able to find it.
      According to USPS, Lupita is still inbound into Chicago Customs, whereas the FID that landed in NYC yesterday is already out for delivery. Go figure.
      SmartDoll arrived Saturday. I'll post photos to my Flickr, assuming it stops raining long enough for me to take some.

Edited on Tuesday morning to add: Lupita is out for delivery!!!:celebrate:cheer:dance

#434 vermont chick, Aug 3, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    15. I finally had good painting weather. Today is hot, humid and sticky--fortunately photography is not dependent on dry conditions. Here is Melusine. I love the pale eyes that Marie sent with her. With the tan skin they remind me of Vanessa Williams.
      [​IMG]

16. Here's a side-by-side of Lupita and Ziya. They have the same stands and same shoes, so these don't affect their respective heights. I would have attempted a photo without stands, but after Melusine (Lupita) did a faceplant without one I wasn't taking any more chances.
      [​IMG]

17. @vermont chick Lupita is very pretty. I like the eyes too. You did a nice job on faceup. :) Thank you for comparison photo. She is taller. What do you think of the new body? I am guessing you like it.

18. Thank you @Oliveoil - I really enjoyed painting her. I like her very much, even though she is darker than I anticipated. For some reason I thought she would be light tan like Ziya, whereas she matches my Vaeron in coloring. I haven't tried posing the new body yet. I did try a dress on her that I had crocheted to fit Ziya (not the purple one). I could just get it on. It was very tight across the shoulders and quite a bit shorter on the new body. When the weather gets cooler I'll crochet her something in wool. Right now even cotton thread sticks to my fingers.

19. Yesterday my Lupita arrived as well. I don't know why I had expected her to be the same color as my Ziya, when in fact Ziya was light tan and Lupita is tan :sweat. She's almost the same color as my Ophelie though :). And I also love how well the new body poses. <3
      [​IMG]

20. Oh wow! They are both beautiful! Where did you get the wig on Ophelie? I love the cat ears. :)