1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youpla Dolls - Discussion - Part 1

Apr 15, 2017

1. Tops and dresses for minifee moe will mostly fit. Bottems are a problem if not stretchy enough. They have big butts

2. @Kaname Kimura : I can't help much with pants or shorts, but I have been able to fit non stretchy dresses or tops that are a perfect fit for minifee small bust on my large bust old style youpla. They'd be an even better fit on the small bust, to be honest, but I was just barely able to close them. It's a tight fit! If theyre stretchy, then they would certainly fit! But if the shirt or dress was designed for the minifee c bust, it'd be a much better fit for large bust.

3. @TasiaChiba Thank you for you reply! I’ll definitely start looking to buy my Celeste some more clothes.

4. You're welcome! I should also mention the dress I had fit did have velcro in the back. But if you find stretchy, should be much better and good to go. Not sure which bust size your girl has~

5. Would anyone be interested in Ziya on new body? Marie would probably host a pre order if there would be 10 people interested.

6. I found a Yoon for sale that I'm very tempted to get, but this makes me a little nervous lol. She has the large bust, but I currently only have minifee and bimong narae who share clothes fairly easily. I can't sew worth a flip, so I'd have to find bottoms for her somehow.

7. @brinney, check the Youpla site for their measurements and compare them to MNF to help you decide.

8. The boobs won’t be the problem. Its the booty mostly where they don’t fit minifee stuff.

9. Good to know! kinda cute that they have big booties even if its a little annoying to find clothes lol

10. Anyone else order from the in-stock sale? I picked up a light tan Ziya and a choco Lupita and am eagerly looking forward to their homecoming!

I’ve admired Ziya for ages and she’s perfect for a character of mine, and then of course I had to get her girlfriend as well :lol:

11. @Sarako
      I also ordered Ziya in light tan skin! Like you, I've loved Ziya for years and I'm now so happy I could finally order her! I'm also waiting for Celeste, from the last pre-order :aheartbea

12. I've noticed the sale too late, else I would have been very tempted to get me a light tan Yoon ^____^.

But I'm currently waiting on another Youpla doll from the last preorder anyway, so it's all good xD.

13. For my part, I decided to wait to see the last SD mold :D
      It looks super beautiful! So, I have to put it aside...

14. I'm late for this, But I managed to get Yoon in Light Tan <3 I'm super excited! I've been eyeing her for months and figured it would be a while till I'd be able to get one so I was very excited to see the in-stock sale. She's on her way to my house now, sadly I'm working away for the summer so I'll have to wait before I can see her.

15. I was doing some research on eye and wig sizing for the girls because I will probably need to do some shopping! I don’t think I have any eyes on hand below 14mm.

It looked like 8mm eyes are the best bet? And wigs either stretchy 5-6 or small 6-7?

16. I use 10mm eyes from iMda (another doll artist family from Korea):
      [​IMG] and have also used resin eyes, also 10mm but small iris, from mehi_art on Instagram (I think she has an etsy too.)
      [​IMG]

In my experience, 8mm eyes are generally designed for slightly smaller dolls' heads like Popovy? But let me take a photo... surprisingly, may work~ if you get the right size iris. Glass 8mm are too small tho.

Their head circumference is 16 cm, which means smaller 6-6.5 inch wigs will fit.The fairyland wigs are too big for Youplas, but my Lati doll wigs (5-6") are too small. Some custom wig makers have a Youpla doll-- like created_in_mess (has alpaca and vegan fibers) on instagram and dulmenos (I only bookmarked them, so I don't know many details) on instagram.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I have the original 1/4 body by the way! This is the original body default large chest. Lighting is poor (indoors and rainy day).

#517 smilingcrescent, Jul 22, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    17. I ordered a light tan Ziya too! I am hunting for petal skin Olive and my Youpla needs will be finally fulfilled. Was waiting a good 1.5 years for light tan Ziya :XD: I feel like she looks amazing in this color, like some sort of Arabian princess :chibi

I can't wait to make wigs in youpla size and sew some clothes. Do people usually like natural colors for their youplas or fantasy like pink or purple? I feel like styling of youplas is usually very tame, but it might be just my perception.

On the other note, do you know what shoes could fit them? Usual minifee size will be comical probably *_*

18. @smilingcrescent thank you for the advice and the clear pictures! They are super helpful. I have a few 6-7 wigs I can try on hand so that will help me get a good idea of what to look for in their “permanent” character wigs.

@forged_in_mess I plan to do natural colors for the main wig for my girls, but I love fantasy colored wigs & ombre styles for theme outfits or photosets. I mean, my girls are Sailormoon fan characters, I should let them wear loud and bright fashions :lol:

I know I will try my hand at custom fitted sandals for my Ziya, but I did go ahead and order the resin heels so at least I had one guaranteed shoe fit!

19. So my beautiful Celeste finally arrived yesterday. I'm tempted to call her Carmen, but I'm not fully set on that name yet.

[​IMG]

Speaking of wigs, I usually go with 5/6 wigs for my Youplas. I have found that they fit better and stay put on their head even without silicone caps or anything like that.