1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youpla Dolls - Discussion - Part 1

Apr 15, 2017

1. Hello everyone *waves*
      I have been influenced by my delightful friend pianissimo here.......she came on a visit and brought her beautiful Ziya with her. I actually *gasped* when she took her out of her wrappings for me to hold!!!
      By the end of the weekend I knew I wanted my own tan Ziya if at all possible........Amandine had worked her magic on me well and truly.

And lucky me!
      Another lovely friend (kayjay) was willing to sell her Ziya to me.....thank you so much!!

So now I am embarking on an adventure with a wholly new size doll for me.
      I love all the photos that have been posted in this thread :D and I am looking forward to seeing many more.

Here is my Angeline

[​IMG]

2. @GwenAlane I am new to this thread and new to these dolls but I do know that MiniFee Moe size shoes fit these dolls.
      I was so shocked to find that I had nothing at home that worked when my girl arrived. Their feet are tiny......but perfectly proportioned for the doll.

Congratulations on the layaway for your Ziya by the way too.....will it be a long layaway do you know?

3. Hello Jane and sweet Angeline! Lovely to see you here :daisy

4. Jane she's lovely. I love the wig you choose for her. It suits her really well.

Dustbunnie

5. I'm happy that you like Ziya @Jane :) lovely pic !
      Can I ask what's her eyes brand and size ?

6. Thank you so much for the lovely welcome everyone

@pianissimo I can't think you enough for bringing Amandine to see me......I am sure I would still be admiring Youpla dolls from afar if I hadn't actually held your doll in my hands so much while you were visiting.

@Dustbunnie I am so pleased that this Kemper wig from the Unoa size box fitted her and suited her so well.

@Youpla I love her......thank you so much for creating such a delightful doll.
      And I am using 6mm glass eyes in her, which I know are smaller than you recommend but I didn't have any 8mm glass ones at home. But I have no idea of the brand, sorry. I bought them second-hand from the Marketplace here back in 2011 for my Limhwa ToYou doll.

7. @Jane I love small eyes,and I think 6mm suits her too ! but the majority of eyes have a too small white part. that's why I recommend 8mm instead of 6mm.

8. You can usually find oval glass eyes that have more whites & in case anyone didn't know CIG can make larger sclera for their eyes :)
      [​IMG]October Day by Ban, on Flickr

9. Oh Ban I love that sweater. It looks great on your girl.

Dustbunnie

10. Thank you! That is really helpful and good to know that you are enjoying your so much! She is a cutie :) Yes it will be a while before I get mine. I am excited! :)

11. Thank you so much for that information. I wouldn't mind some oval glass eyes for my girl as the eyes I am using for her only just fit.
      And your girl looks fabulous....did you knit the hat for her?

12. Thanks, it was a sock :)
      Awwww, thank you so much
      I didn't. I can crochet but I can't knit. It was made by EnchantedDayDreams <3

13. I suspected as much but it still looks amazing.

Dustbunnie

14. LOL why thank you :)
      Another fine October day, took Priya out again - this time she didn't need the hat.
      [​IMG]Another October Day by Ban, on Flickr

15. @Ban Sidhe I went and looked at the set of photos on Flickr from this balmy October day.......they are all just perfect. Priya is extremely photogenic!
      I really like this outfit too.....did you make the leggings that she is wearing too?

I am almost starting from scratch with clothing from my girl, I tried making a dress for her at the weekend using a MiniFee pattern but it came out too small across the chest, so I will need to make a few adjustments to the pattern and try again.
      Thank goodness for dolly friends though.....pianissimo send me a gift of a pair of shoes for my girl *phew*

[​IMG]

16. TX - it's almost impossible to take a bad photo of a Ziya ;) and yes, I made the leggings too. I have a small busted MNF so I find a lot of the same tops/dresses fit Priya. But anything 'fitted' is gonna be off because of placement... MNF bewbs are closer together, so they look like they are wearing a bra, even when they aren't. One of the things I love about my small-bust Ziya - her bust looks so natural.

17. Thank you.....I have never had a MiniFee so know nothing about their proportions at all.........I guess I won't get time to have a go at sewing until next weekend now but I am thinking hard about where I need to alter the pattern I have to get it to work for my girl.

18. I have fallen quite in love with Vâna, but I didn't even know about her when the first preorder was around. Does anyone know if there'll be a chance for a second release?
      And related - If a Youpla doll gets a second release how long after does it usually occurs? :)

19. I don’t think there is a particular regularity to her preorders, but since the last Vana order was quite recent, it may be a while. You could ask her directly, she’s very nice to talk to :)