1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll looks like you!

Oct 7, 2010

1. I think that the tendency also stems from the fact that we as owners buy/make what our dolls wear, and we customise their appearance to suit our individual tastes. I've been told many times that the way I dress my boys is similar to the way I dress. (simple, but with the tiniest little bit of punk-flair.) (Excluding as well, the fact that I mostly wear dresses - One piece of clothing is so much easier to put on than 2 or 3 - and the boys are... well... boys.)

There's something in the stock of liking things that look like you as well - there's that old adage after all that people marry someone who looks like them.

2. Haha. I've had people say that.

My Dream of Doll Hoo is a confirmed Look-A-Like. I took him to work and my co-workers thought he was supposed to be a mini-me (:| I'm a girl :doh). I can actually kind of see what they're looking at. The general lines of our bone structure are similar (longer and more egg-shaped) and his hair is also about the same shade of red-brown as mine.

I'm actually planning to play it up with one of my newer dolls. After getting the wigs for Vesper, my LoongSoul Emily, I realized that JpopDoll's Shae wig is remarkably similar to the way I've been wearing my hear for the last few years. So I'm planning to dye my hair red and dress as her for Halloween. :lol:

3. Oy. People tell me this all the time. XD I guess it has something to do with our hair being the same color and curly. But it really bothers me, because I want her to look different from me. And I want to get a different doll that looks like me. So I think maybe I'll get her a different wig one of these days....

I hate to generalize, but I think it's because a lot of non-doll people maybe don't pay too much attention to faces... or at least as much as I and other doll people do. I notice very specific things about doll's faces, and people's faces, and I have a feeling a lot of you do, too, otherwise any doll would be okay, and it wouldn't matter what mold it is, which is clearly not the case. And when my doll has a skinner, more upturned nose than I do, that ends a different way, and differently shaped eyes than I have, and a wider, rounder face and chubbier cheeks, and people tell me we look the same just because of hair color, it's like, "Um. Are your eyes okay?"

4. No, thankfully nobody has told me I look like my doll. I'd be pretty worried if anyone did, as my doll has white hair and black skin...

5. lmao xD i have gotten that X=X' its werid tho. but bah xD

6. No, not really. My dolls are not seem to me physically, but they have small details of his personality that are similar to my own personality.
      For example:
      Alastor (and I) respond to provocations with irony.
      Urie (as much as I) get bored of the formalisms.
      Artemis don't remember names and faces of people, is as forgetful as I.

7. My doll looks not like me, but like my daughter. They are both soo cute and sweet:))

8. Many of my friends tell me that Uba-Ruu looks like me. Well maybe she reminds me when I was a child. We both have big blue eyes and red hair :D My other doll Noemi also, for some, looked like me, but just because she had also red hair. I changed it to white, and now there is no similarity between us :P

9. No, that hasn't happened yet. I have black hair. tan skin, and brown eyes, but the majority of my dolls are white, have light hair, and are blue-eyed. I guess I like the opposite of myself, so they don't ever really look like me.

10. I have ever been compared to one of my (tan!) dolls, but only because we were wearing the same hairstyle and extruding that same... uh, how to describe it? 'Feel'? I'd say 'aura', but then it brings to mind all sorts of mystical things, and it's not anything like that, just a feeling that you get when you look at it. It's that feeling you get when an actor or actress pulls off a character that looks nothing really like them and actually succeeds to the point where you excitedly go 'wow, s/he's a dead ringer' until you see the side by side comparison shots. Am I making sense? XD

11. I get compared to my dolls because my shape is similar; short and thin, with a big head! XP

12. Nope, even if you crossed your eyes. ^^

13. My Husband Comments often that I make the same face as my doll, making us look similar.
      My Arietta and I have chubby cheeks, and when I pout I scrunch my lips up like hers!

14. When Ember got her new wig, my hubby came into the room and said, Aww, look, she looks just like you! So, hmmmm, yes maybe....

15. Not yet... I would be a little weirded out if somebody did, because a) they're all skinny boys; I am not, and b) the only ginger among them has horns and giant dragon feet, which are something I'm sadly lacking.

16. My aunt, grandmother and one of my friends all told me my doll looks like me, on separate occasions. At first I was like "No way! He's a boy!"
      But after looking past hair and eyes (his hair is light brown, mine is red, his eyes are green, mine are hazel) I definitely began to see what they were talking about. The size of his nose, lips and chin and their alignment are very similar to mine, as well as the overall shape of his face. This was completely unintentional but I suppose it makes sense.

I look at him and think he's gorgeous--which makes me feel a little better because I've never been very pleased with my face. Maybe he's a perfect male version of me!

17. My SS-Chiwoo Mod used to look alot like me.. well, turn that around I suppose, I looked alot like him, we both had short black hair, the chubbeh cheeks, lip ring on the same side. haha. I didnt mean for it like that, but my friend always called him Shelby Jr. xD

18. I have extremely long black hair. To a lot of people that have seen my dolls, this must mean that the three dolls I have with long black hair MUST BE DOLLS OF MYSELF EVEN THOUGH THEY ALL LOOK NOTHING LIKE ME AND HAVE CRAZY EYE COLOURS AND TWO OF THEM ARE CLEARLY CHILDREN. Are people seriously so unobservant? And so ready to accuse me of being some weird doll narcissist? I just like long black hair. That's all. I have other dolls with completely different hair colours and styles too.

19. Definitely not like me, as I'm a short-haired guy with facial hair and my dolls are all obviously female. However, it's been pointed out on several occasions that one of my dolls looked quite a bit like my girlfriend, and it was actually pretty true at the time. It didn't hurt that she was wearing clothes that my GF had bought, so they both had similar tastes in outfits.

20. I get the comment from some of my roommattes at school that my piper looks like me. we dont have the same hairstyle or same eyes, but I can kinda see it in her stile and her mold xD

And I know that my pipers boyfriend looks like my boyfriend. Not in the mold, but I think I dessigned him after my own boyfriend unknowing xD