1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll looks like you!

Oct 7, 2010

1. Well.. kinda.
      Mostly because I happened to give her black hair and green eyes.
      And she wears some dresses that I'd like to wear myself.

And... I even went as far as to buy us matching dresses for cons and meets. Yeah.

But no one has ever said so, yet. I haven't had her for a long time, and not many people have seen her.

2. hmm...well for some reason someone said my resinsoul Mei in skyblue (lol) looks like me. I also have a RS Xue that I am actually trying to get to look like me, its pretty close accept her nose is too long, but nothing some modding can't fix. She is a little bit too tall to accurately potray me but I like it.

3. My mum said my DollZone Mo 2 girl looks like me. We have the same hair and ski slope shaped nose, but I don't see the resembalance other than that.

4. "She looks just like you!"
      "Yes. He looks just like me. In the fact that we both have a face... and body... and eyes.. and wear clothes... mostly."

o_0

5. I'm told that all of my dolls look like me... I'm like " lol what? No they don't." ... I only believe that maybe Juri '11 looks like me. xD

6. Luckily I have not had this. I'd seriously start to question people's eyesight if I did.

One is an anime girl with long curly bright pink hair and green eyes. One has a very asian aesthetic with darker skin, grey eyes and long straight black hair. One is a fairy with very pale greenish white skin with orange blush, with long curly white hair. The last is a pink, blue-eyed cat.

I'm a pale caucasian with short brown hair and eyes, and glasses. It'd be pretty difficult to see any similarities, I'd think.

7. I don't think my dolls look like me - and I make sure that they don't. I had American Girl and My Twinn dolls that all looked like me, and while it's kind of a cool novelty, after a while, it's a little boring and ho-hum. I usually like doing interesting pairings, or basically anything that doesn't attribute to the doll looking anything like me.

No one's said either of them looked like me, though my MSD's nose sort of looks like mine... sort of. But that's about it.

8. The only doll that I was ever told it looked like me was Volks Kyo Tenshi Shiratori. I posted a picture on my facebook and tagged my family to see if they would help me get it as a combined Christmas present. My aunt told me that it looked like me and that she would help. However, I don't think Shiratori looks like me at all so I don't know what they saw.

9. Um, no. I seldom bring my doll out to show her to people, but... While we both have large eyes, hers are unnaturally large and blue, unlike mine. Oh, and she has no pupils. I'm pretty sure I do. I am partial to dolls with large, slightly sad-looking eyes, and small mouths with full, parted lips. On a somewhat off-topic note, I'm told by practically everyone that I bear an incredibly strong resemblance to my sister and mother. Ah, genetics... I plan on majoring in biology, and my inherited features still elude me.

10. My mother definitely thinks that all the dolls I *really* want "look" like me in a way. xD I'm pretty sure she means more in the sense of personality than anything else--after all, I'm a redheaded female with dreads who's mostly interested in crafty looking male dolls--but I do find the idea interesting that people can "look" like their dolls in that way. :) Perhaps for some of us, certain dolls we pick are like an extension of us--and so we can't help but to pick a doll that ends up "looking" like us!

11. In some way´s my dolls have something from me. My first Doll has the same nose as me and my second has freckles like me, too. But I didn´t notice it, but a friend of mine told me they have something from me.
      Very funny. But maybe it why I call my dolls, my children.

12. I would be pretty baffled if someone thought my dolls and I looked alike. I am definitely not an elf or a dude.

13. I don't think any of them looks like me...I'm a a girl and they are all boys!

14. I think I usually sway more toward blonde dolls with light eyes. But in my current doll count I have more brunette's ^^; Go figure. Hehe

15. I've never had anyone say my dolls look like me, but that's honestly because they don't, even in the simplest terms. None of them are brunette, and only one has green eyes (and he has bright pink hair). Plus, I rarely take them out, so the only people who really see them are my family.

However, I have had my family say I like a doll. Not one of my dolls specifically, but they mean the type of doll they are. Usually this is when I'm really gussied up in Lolita. Not sure if I actually believe them as they're likely just being nice, but it's sweet to hear anyway :)

16. My doll can never look like me. Different skin tones, hair color. But I guess she is like me personality wise.

17. I'm avoiding brown hair for Layla just so I can avoid the "oh you bought a doll of yourself" topic. Amazingly enough, if a doll has your eye color OR your hair color, someone feels the need to say "hey they've got your hair/eye color!" like... yeah. There's only so many to choose from.

18. Almost everyone i show Ferris to, they say she looks like me xD
      I based her off of me, somewhat, but they say she acually looks like me, and her hair is much different than mine xD

19. I was showing a co-worker a pic of the doll I was waiting for, they said the doll looked like me... It was a pic of a Dollshe Saint:| They said we both had high cheekbones. Thanks, I'm a girl nimrod...:sigh

20. I'd kill to look like Sera. Or Vickie, or Saviour or Lady Amber. Bella, not so much, since most people who are blue have just asphyxiated.....