1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll looks like you!

Oct 7, 2010

1. One of my friends has told me that I look exactly like my doll, she was Custom House Ange Ai Subi. I gave her red hair and blue eyes, which I have myself as well. I think that was it, with the similarity, red hair and big blue eyes :D Otherwise there was nothing similar. My other friend Thinks I look exactly like my Luts doll, KDF Darae. She has blue eyes and pink hair :D I think it's just the blue eyes... Since mine are quite big as do the dolls so some people think we look the same... And I can assure you I really don't look like a doll at all :D

2. Nope. Never been told that.

3. My doll couldn't look like me even if I tried. Even if someone was able to look past the whole fact that he's has a completely different face then mine (smaller nose, more arched eyes, less obvious brow ridge, etc...) then there'd still be his much lighter skin tone and his shorter, white hair. Then when you throw in how I dress him, which is a tad more gothic then I'd like to say my wardrobe is, the idea of us looking then same just seems like nonsense. But, If someone was to somehow overlook all that (which would be pretty impressive) there would still be the matter of hooves and pointed ears and I'm pretty sure that I don't have either of those.
      In essence I seriously don't think my doll looks anything like me.

4. I have never had anyone say my dolls look like me exactly. I recently ordered a new doll however and my mother and sister both said immediately when they saw pictures that she reminds them of me. Of course one of my best friends just said this one is creepy and he didn't like her (he likes the one I already have though). I'm not sure how to take those comments together haha. I think my family meant something in the expression/personality seemed similar to me? It doesn't bother me if they think that my doll looks like me even if the hair/eye color is different, maybe that will just make them like her more. Since they don't know anything about my characters really but they know me. :)

5. Once I had my girl Bijou with me while waiting for my mom at a doctor's office and a lady asked me about her. After saying how pretty she was and asking some typical first-BJD-encounter questions, she proceeded to tell me that Bijou looked just like me. Bijou is a Kid Delf Ani, with blonde hair and purple eyes. I have brown hair and blue-green eyes, and very non-Ani features. I smiled and nodded but later I asked my mom and she agreed that Bijou and I look nothing alike XD

6. Weirdly yes! One of my doll friends and a few people here who have seen my picture have said that my doll Lorrie looks like me. Which I find really odd because we look and dress nothing alike. We both have brown hair and that's it as far as looking similar goes. She's much cuter than I am ;)

When I got my first doll my mum said she has my eyes, which made my heart melt. :lol:

7. Well looking like me in the face no but the leekeworld mikhaila reminds some people about me. I am small up top I have wide large hips and short chucky legs. I also have small feet and a small head.

8. Well none of my dolls look like me sculpt wise, but my Luts Mill ended up having the same hair and similar eyes! His crobi wig looked black on the site, but in real life it's more of a dark reddish/brown/black... Like mine. XD Similar style, too...

Not to sound narcissistic, but I'm actually very happy it turned out more of a brown and I think he looks just darling with it. The brown really suits his skin tone and his faceup. Still I'm a little afraid of going to meets since I don't want people thinking I just have a bunch of dolls based off of myself... XD

9. i think its more the dolls look like me other than i look like them. i customise my dolls in the ways i like so they really have some sort of me inside them. i guess thats why despite from that different faces, almost everyone know they are my doll at the first time

10. I actually have those comments such as: Wow, he's the complete opposite of you!
      Because he has white hair, i have black hair and go on! hahaha ^

11. I haven't noticed that I make my dolls look like me, but I have realized I prefer dolls that look like my baby boy. :O

It's the lips especially. My son has the cutest plump lips (moms love that stuff), and sculpts that have similar lips are so adorable to me.

I was actually kind of shocked when I realized that trend in my preferences. I mean, I already have the ultimate version of my son: my actual son. XD But I guess he's just redefined the meaning of cute for me, so that's not so bad.

12. Merak and I both have a handful of piercings, and we have both had turquoise hair, but other than that, not really. He's way more feminine than I am, for one.

13. The first time I showed a friend of mine a picture of one of my dolls (my Napidoll Angz), he said right away that she looks like me. I didn't see any resemblance other than we both have blue eyes. Later, he saw all my other dolls and thought about half of them look like me (though most of them are male!). My conclusion: my friend needs his contact prescription updated.

14. No, not with any of my current dolls anyway.

A friend of mine did tell me once that I should get a Zaoll - Muse because she apparently saw a resemblance there.

15. I have never been told one of my dolls looks like me. Thank god? I mean, yeah, a couple of them get mistaken for girls (a lot) but that's no bfd. One of them is supposed to inspire that reaction in people, the other one.... Not so much but okay. But they've never been mistaken as me. I hope they never do since I style them in ways I would NEVER style myself.

And one of them is purple. I hope I never get told he looks like me. I am not purple.

16. Actually, I feel dolls like someone I want to be, for in reality I cannot wear some gorgeous clothes but dolls can. And dolls can be changed whatever I like to, so sometimes dolls may be the inside of me.

17. When I first received my doll she just so happened to come with dark brown almost black eyes and I had purchased a red wig. My family couldn't believe how much she looked like me. Weird thing is I agreed with them but I totally didn't mean to get her that way. She just happened to turn out like that. :lol:

18. My Aru and I apparently look alike. To be honest, I can see it. Especially with her wig. But it's fine for me, since her character is my OC, whom was sort of based off me. It all works out for me. And about the wig (the thing I really think makes us look alike) Alice has hair that is long like mine (mid-thigh length) because my hair is something I am happy about. I've put a lot of time and effort into it. So I put that into my OC and therefore, into Alice.

But I do wonder if it makes me look self-centered or conceded. I promise I'm not!

19. Oh yeah, I got this all the time with my Resinsoul Ya to a point some of my friends call her "mini you" but I think that's more a case of colouring than actual facial features, she's way too sweet looking, whereas I look like a Disney Villain.

But I actually really want a mini me because I'm a giant narcissist
      [​IMG]
      I chose this photo because my drag queen makeup is pretty funny (I was copying the make-up from a Fashion Royalty doll, if any of you know FR then you'll get it ahaha). The longer I look at it the more ridiculous it gets.
      Anyway, I think if I buy her it won't be for a while and she'll be the last doll I buy in a long time, but I've been looking for a mini me and I'm pretty sure, with the right face up, she's it.

I'm surprised more people don't get mini mes, especially with the amount of Lolitas in the hobby. It's adorable when Lolis have matching BJDs in matching outfits! Or you can take it in a creepy way and pretend your mini-you is some sort of magic object. >:) My friends have joked that each of my dolls are from each of my past lives. I really don't think they're used to dolls aha.

Honestly I think it's natural to go for dolls that maybe share some similarities even if it's just subconscious. My family all have black hair, brown eyes and tanned skin (although thanks to my irish side in the sunlight I'm pale as a ghost) so I find it a lot more natural to go for a doll with black hair, brown eyes and tanned skin over blonde hair, blue eyes and 'normal' skinned resin.

20. My doll doesn't LOOK like me, but he is my persona. That is- he has most of the aspects of my personality. That's probably more subconscious than I would care to admit. However, I pretty much embrace it now. >_>' His name is Nick, and that was an odd nickname I had as a kid, because I'm a female with a very different name. My mom gave it to me... so. :P