1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll looks like you!

Oct 7, 2010

1. My doll looks only a little like me because we have the same hair color, but my sister says she looks like me. :|

2. It's like having a mini me. Its all good. :D

3. Yes, actually! Someone commented that Rosencrantz (my DoT Camine) looks a lot like me.

Which implies that I'm a bit of a narcissist, I suppose, since Rosencrantz is the only doll I've fallen head-over-heels for.

4. I've heard from people multiple times that my Gemma (YID Harin) looks just like me. I can't see it though. We have different eye-shape, different lips, different everything! Also she has red hair and green eyes, while I have blue eyes and light brown hair.

When I was about to sell her, my mom thought I should keep her just because she looked like me. I did keep her, but not because of that...

5. Megu is so pretty, I don't think I can compare to her =3 .

6. WELL! xD I look nothing like my doll but that's a good thing as he's a guy and I'm a girl. He's a very pretty guy! But he looks nothing like a girl. I don't have the thin lips or nose that he has nor do I have a long face. The only similarity might be our eyes but I'm asian so I have smaller eyes and I had to pick thin/small eyes to fit his character so it's just coincidence. xD If I WERE a guy though...I'd want to look good like him. LOL ;_;

7. No, I tend to like dolls with more delicate noses and nicer hair colours than me. Plus if they were life sized they'd definitely be taller than me (I'm small). I'd be totally flattered if someone did say that, I'd just question their eye sight too xD

The closest I've come to that is when I showed my mum n outfit I want to eventually get for my doll (whe I get her) and she commented that it looks like something I'd wear which is true because it was retro/vintage inspired. I just can't find clothes like that or I'd totally wear it myself.

8. Some one actually comments that one of my kids "FEELS" like me, cox we both have such an atitude, teeny bit arrogant sometimes and a bitsy of stuck up.... But looks wise, never....

9. Considering that I'm not a zombie, a ghoul, a cyborg, a vampire, a witch, etc etc... no, my dolls don't look like me at all, for which I'm rather glad!

10. i have a doll thats is me
      i got nobiltydoll to make me

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

11. I've heard on more than one occasion that my BeYours Kirara, Lacey, looks like me. I... fail to see it, but I think she's lovely so... I guess it's a nice compliment? ^^;

12. my mother-in-law thinks I look like Shai (girl in my avatar). or, rather, Shai looks like me.
      Moriartie is designed to look like me, so I guess she kinda does.

13. I don't have any bjd's yet, but I have other dolls, and my family says that some of them do look like me >_<. Two of the doll people who live in my area have dolls that look like them though. One of them complained about it, she got her first girl doll, and gave her a long red wig with bangs.....and the owner herself has long red hair with bangs. After enough people said the doll looked like her, she bought her doll a new wig. Chuckle much.

14. Sometimes they are similar to me , but most of time they seems more beautiful than me.

15. This has happened quite a lot! Lucy's old hair used to look like how my hair used to look like, so I got a lot of, "Oh, you two look alike!" and so on and so on. :P

16. Iv'e had peopls say I look like other people's dolls. And I just kind of shyly say thank you and then kinda shrug it off because I don't really know what to say to that xD I mean if they want to say that I look like a doll I am not going to argue with that because that is a freaking compliment in my book xD

17. That would be amazing.

18. I'm really trying to get Rin to look like an extension of me, or an alter ego (??I guess). So to others she won't look a thing close, but to me she will be expressed how I view myself. Also, I mentioned this before in another post: I would love to get another one after I complete Rin (if I have that much $ to spend). I'd either get a BlueFairy or another Luts like a Soony. For now I can only dream and take care of the one I have now.

19. I've been told my Galena looks like me, which is super weird. O_o I mean, I find Galena very lovely but I don't have long blonde hair, pointed ears or red eyes! XD

20. I tend to think our dolls are extensions of parts of us, styles we like, etc. so in a sense I think it is accurate that they might look like us. I think to a point I make my dolls a bit like me. For example: my dolls with "natural" hair colors are almost all blondes which is my natural hair color (though it isn't as blonde as it once was and I generally die it darker now).