1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll looks like you!

Oct 7, 2010

1. No one has said I look anything like my SD dolls, but my mother is convinced that Hati reminds her of me when I was younger. I don't think that really influenced me, since the resemblance wasn't obvious until I put Hati in a long wig that resembled my hair. I certainly don't mind, though, since it made my mother much more interested in and accepting of my doll hobby :XD:

2. A lot of people have told me that Nadeko looks like me and every time I'm told that I wonder if we're seeing the same thing. Seriously, it's a mystery to me, we don't look anything alike. We don't have similar hair or faces and I don't dress her anything like I dress myself (I wish I could dress myself like I dress her). I usually just say "thank you" and walk away because I don't like talking to random people but sometimes I really feel like asking just what it is that makes them think that we look even the slightest bit alike. I guess I should be flattered that people think that I look like Nadeko (because I think she's beautiful perfection) but for some reason I seem to think the reverse (that they think that Nadeko looks weird like me) and I can't help but feel kind of offended :sweat
      The only similarities between us are that we both have brown eyes and short red wigs but even then, a lot of people have brown eyes and Nadeko wears her default black wig most of the time and I rarely wear my red wig.

3. None of my dolls look like me. Although they might get some of their personality traits from me. :lol:

4. My mom said that my Pukifee Ante looks like I did when I was a baby. I thought that was pretty cute as I consider her my baby!

5. I don't really think mine looks like me at all hahah
      She is a RS Mei so she has elf ears and faun legs...
      But I dont think her face or faceup look like me at all either...
      Her default hair colours are going to be darker and her style if kinda faerie/elven and my style is "comfy hobo wannabe gyaru" so... Nothing like me hahahahh

6. Well, until they make a short, fat, middle aged bjd, my dolls will continue to look nothing like me LOL. My dolls are almost all redheads. My childhood dolls were amost all red haired too. We had redheads in our family, but I'm a blond.

I think I'm drawn to dolls that look nothing like me. That way I can project different personalities onto them and be creative with their personalities and looks.

#126 ParlourGoddess, Sep 25, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    7. I think it's safe to say it won't happen to me lol.
      My dolls aren't the same gender as me. Maybe the shape of my face I guess. My face is rather round...

8. The first doll that my friend showed me was actually my LUTS winter13 KID DELF. He pointed out that the frowny face looked a lot like me so I kinda shrugged it off but then ended up buying that sculpt to shell my persona (who admittedly looks quite akin to me, just slimmer and paler), Sukian. With the right face up it would definitely look way more like me than just the frowny lips

9. My first doll actually resembles my daughter to me (who is a copy of her dad),but my mom says that this doll looks just like me when I was 5-6 years old .I've tried to look at my photos of that age and I still can't see the resemblance ,so I guess it's not so straight forward ,everyone perceives an image differently.
      But I think it's true that we tend to like features similar to our own ,and it happens not voluntarily.I used to study arts and I remember our drawing teacher telling us students to look at our drawings (it was an old man's drawing at a time) and note that some of the features (facial features or body proportions ) resembles our own .I couldn't see the likeness of me with this man in my drawing :) but I deffinetely could say that some of my fellow-students were drawing a spitting image of themselves :dance

10. I mostly take my boys out, so I haven't really heard anything like that. Though, in all honesty, as far as characters go, the boys tend to have much more of "me" in them than the girls. It's possible, when I get my character dolls done and take them to a con, I might get comments about being "twins," but in that case it would be more because I'm dressed as the same character.

I haven't really noticed it with any of the collectors I've met, either, but from this thread it seems like there's a bit of a trend toward seeing something of the owner in the doll. I think the next time I go to a convention or meetup, I might have to look out for this phenomenon, and see if I spot anyone who does have that sort of resemblance!

11. Um. No o have never gotten that comment but i will admit that some of the clothes she wears and face up are somewhat inspired on what i like for myself or would like for myself

12. Some people say that I look like momo.. And I'm like.. "o.O Dude, he has freaking pink hair and blue eyes. Do you see any of that in my freaking head?" xD Also, I'm not as.. Pink.. Or white as he is :x

13. I hadn't had that kind of comment till my Yo-SD girl came. I do not know why but my fiancé keeps saying she looks like a child version of me and is always kidding about it.
      I really don't mind because she is the cuttest little thing in the world, but I think we don't look anything alike.