1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Doll Plans for 2012

Jan 14, 2012

1. In 2011 I bought a Dollfie Dream and an off topic doll (Jun Planning), and for 2012 I'd like to get the 01 and possibly 06 heads for Dollfie Dream annddddddd, maybe just maybe a PKF Pong. Because I've really been wanting a pong for a while now @_@. But with two conventions this year, I may only be able to get the doll heads.

2. Well, I'd definitely like to get my first doll!
      Actually, I'm hoping to be able to get two. Definitely the Iplehouse Tania, but the second is debatable between batchix's Lagoon, minifee Mirwen, and IslandDoll Amy.
      They're going to help me with my drawing skills, so it'd be nice to have models of different sizes. :)
      Plus, I have two characters made up. So...two dolls. That's my game plan.

3. For 2012 Id hopefully like to

maybe trade my Nono head when i get her from dollpa 26, for a Rinon or Kira head.
      Mod my DC Bella's eyes open and get her a faceup
      buy a unoa belia faceplace and an ariadoll body
      either get one of the yo's i want or littlefee rolly.
      and im thinking about dollzones new dragon doll... not sure yet.
      Buy a nice wardrobe for everyone

good thing i have a year to maybe do all this xD

4. Well, I'd like to say no more doll purchases for 2012, but that's pretty much asking it happen. There are 3 characters that have popped up over the last couple of months, and the dolls for them are affordable (in regards to general doll prices). I'm resisting because I'm already at 18 dolls when I only ever thought I'd have 2 *laughs at self*. There are a couple of other dolls on my list, but again I'm resisting because... 18 dolls and a 2 bedroom apartment.

But for 2012, I'd like to finish up the dolls I have. To do that, I'll need to....
      *get Jaiseki's wings made
      *make Kijika's wings
      *take apart, re-size and add hair to Jolen's wig
      *get scales added to Jolen's body & get him a new face-up
      *get Gunari's legs modded to dragon ones & get him a new face-up
      *get Ryzel a new face-up and add the tattoos/marks to his body
      *have tattoos added to Quin & find him a new wig
      *make clothes specifically for Gunari, Aischylos and Darius that will fit over their clawed/hooved feet
      *make clothes for the Twins (who currently only have 1 outfit each)
      *make traditional outft for Dak
      *make clothes for Tyh

There's probably more stuff I'm leaving off the list. But at least I've got lots to do to keep me occupied and hopefully away from the temptation of more dolls.

5. 2011 was my first year in the hobby and I only intended to buy the one, but I finished 2011 with four.

My plans for this year are:
      Rehome my PKF Ante and her things
      Have my Rheia's faces painted
      Take more photos of them
      Find a SE LTF Luna faceplate and have that painted to match her OE face-up

I want to just enjoy the three I have for now. I might get another one later in the year.

6. Buy more dolls, sew more clothes!

7. I also planned to originally not get that many dolls anymore in 2011 , but some how I ended up with buying 5 new dolls . Oh well , all is good , because they are lovely .

For this year I have planned to spent less money on buying dolls , and more money on getting them more clothes/shoes and wigs . They aren`t really lacking them , but I like having diversity in my photos and I whant my bjds to look the best they can .

I also have in plan adding 2 or 3 more dolls to my collection . 2 Of them are older versions o my existing characters , those being Hajime ( Blue blood doll Valentin) and Morgan ( peak`s wood goldie -but I`m not shure of that one ) , and the third is a gorgeus Dollmore Mali . I don`t quite have a character set out for her , but it was love at first sight , and she just drives me mad .

I honestly hope I can stick to my plans this time arround.

8. I just finally got the Rosen I ordered in 2010!

My plans are:

1) Buy those nifty magnet hands for my Elfdoll Vampire Red and Soah. They've both broken fingers this year. Can't buy them for Florian anymore, and they're not offering them for Nicolette at present. So I'm looking at Dikadoll jointed hands.
      2) Get a body for at least one of my two floating heads. Arrives next week.
      3) See above. No more new dollies until that is done. Check.
      4) Start saving for an EID boy. I need one for many, many reasons. Not even started yet.:(
      5) Find my old camera or buy a new one. And actually learn how to use it this time! Check to the first. Still working on the second part.
      6) Make a light box. Not yet.
      7) Actually start making the sets my friend and I have planned for our photostories. Not yet.
      8) Actually plant my miniature doll garden. I've got some of the plants already. Bought more plants, changed plans to make it a set rather than permanent.
      9) Try to stay away from the Marketplace to make #3 doable! Check, except for some eyes and wigs. No dollies.
      10) Make sure everyone, including the new guys (Shale and Rosen) have their wardrobes in good order. This may mean getting rid of some older stuff. Still working on that. Victorian/Steampunk for everyone before Christmas!
      11) More shoes for everyone. Need more.
      12) Learn to make decent wigs. Not yet.

There! That's one a month!

9. Great stuff! I love reading all your plans for 2012! :thumbup

I guess besides not buying anymore dolls in 2012, I do need a body for my floating event head, Loongsoul Vampire Emily. It's going to take some hunting, because Loongsoul seems to change their resin so often; finding a match for the April 2011 head could prove a challenge.

Also, and this probably won't happen, I'd love to attempt my first face-up! Im just afraid I will totally suck at it! Im not very artistic. Woe to the poor doll who gets to be my first victim! :doh

10. i have a very long list actually for 2012 :sweat

- wig's for kou-chan (my first doll)
      - clothes for kou-chan
      - shoes for kou-chan
      - eyes for kou-chan
      - buy something from market place (evil evil place .... :doh)
      - buy some furniture (bed , chair , couch etc )
      - buy my 2nd doll , lover also company for kou-chan
      - and back on the all 4 list on top for my 2nd doll :sweat

pretty much preparing stuff for my 1st doll and then saving more money to look for furniture or any thing i'm interesting on market place and then saving again and then buy my 2nd doll :)

11. @Rabbit-moon, oh, you'll do fine with that first faceup! Also, they get easier after you get that first one out of the way. ;)

Let's see, for 2012...

-Need to find 1 more couch that fits & looks perfectly in these high-rise condominiums the boys live in. Hooray for furniture shopping.

-Iplehouse JID Colin

-Iplehouse SID Lee

-Those are the only two dolls I have planned, but I know that Volks will whomp us with more releases of the Yo-SD Tokyo Boys line, against which I am powerless! So, whichever of those little buggers come along in the next 11 months, those'll be coming home too. Chibi Shiro, Chibi Tsukasa, Chibi Yukinojo...

-Possibly painting 2 matching snowflake tattoos on the buttocks of 2 SIDs. :chibi

-Take tons & tons of photos.

12. Oh goodness dolly plans for 2012 ohhhhh goodness...

1) Buy a wig and dress for Carthusia
      2) Get Carthusia (Cupryl) and Nephriel (Arkose) home and blushed
      3) Buy a wig for Nephriel
      4) Buy a DZ Una for the Galena parts I have!
      5) Try and get an Anson
      6) Finish paying off Christa's fuku commission
      7) Do lots and lots and LOTS of faceups.
      8) ....get paid for faceups? :D

13. Thanks for the encouragement, JennyNemesis!

OMG! Chibi Yukinojo! That I would love to see!

14. If I only bought one thing this year, I suppose it ought to be a doll couch! Other than that, I'm not really sure.

15. Oh lordy here we go

* Finish paying off my IH Claude

* Buy him, you know. Basic nesceities like a wig/clothes/ect ( :x I didn't budget for his release so I can't nab him more things at first without giving myself a strain)

*Get my friend an IH Asa. She loves the dolls but they're absolutely out of her price range while she's going to college, so :P

*Get Louis a faceup

*Commission Louis's jacket

*Start saving for a RS IH Vito + acsessories

16. Let's see, in 2012... well I've already made an impulse purchase of a Soom Amber so I'll be getting her this year. I'd also like to start making doll clothes this year. Piper needs her proper wig too.

Then, depending on how much work I get, I would like to order the doll I planned to get first, a DOC Si and an Iplehouse JID Colin. But we'll see how that goes since I'll need to get body blushing, a face up, clothes, wig, and eyes for my Amber too (although not necessarily all this year). Hahaha I have lots of vague plans! :sweat

17. NO MORE DOLLS.

I joined the hobby in September and I already have 3 with me and 2 more coming. I barely have the space for them right now! Since I hope to buy a house this year, that eventually won't be a problem, but I think five is enough for now.

18. Bringing home the few remaining dolls on my wishlist (see profile for list) and buying bodies for all my floating heads.

I also have a chore list: new faceups for a few, restringing for a few, and organizing my house so I have a better place to display and do doll projects. The last one is the worst and most dreaded chore because it will involve a lot of moving and tossing out of stuff.

19. Hi hii! Last year was good, I got a lot of custom orders along with my first doll.This year I'm getting Hakumei's twin, Reimei! She'll be a white DD2 03 head.I'll also be working hardcore on my SD clothes business. n_-

20. I bought two smaller dolls with odd measurements late last year (47cm and 51cm) so 2012 should be the year of adding to their wardrobes.

I'm considering an Iplehouse Dexter in ebony via the cds, but I'm not 100% sold on the idea yet, so that's just a "maybe" for now.