1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Doll Plans for 2012

Jan 14, 2012

1. My plans for 2012 are kinda wrapped up with my 2011 plans.
      I wanted to have my resin collection (3 more dolls) finished by the end of 2011, but since it's not (had a rough year) it's being bumped up to the 2012 list.

I'd like to wrap up all my unfinished little doll projects so i can move on to new more interesting ones. I'm hoping to get these done in the next couple months because if not i need to sit down and decide what i really want to finish and what i can throw out because it's never going to be done or was started for a doll i don't have or use much anymore.

I would also like to get the space cleared for the dollhouses to be set up, and build the MSD flat i want.

Other than that i'd like to finish up my 1/6th scale collection too, and get a few more *cough* miniatures to decorate their house with.

And i suppose maybe start making things to sell.

wow that's a lot more than i though now that i see it written out x.x

2. I may be the first to say I've got none. in fact hope to get none.. Except maybe a body for my new mnm head.

But clothing and shoes are what will fill and clothe the dolls I already have.

Sent from my K080 using Tapatalk

3. My doll plans for 2012 are:

Get my LittleFee Nutcracker Piki (been on the to get list for two years!) :sweat

Bodies for my floating head collection

Need more 65cm boy clothes for my boy, Reed and some shoes.

4. I'm think my 2012 dolly plans will be modest compared to 2011. I have three heads here waiting for their doll Chateau bodies! (I count them as 2011)

Sell any dolls and dolly related things I can part with to lighten the load when I move house.
      Maybe find long discontinued Volks Chii this year...
      Of course there will be that new doll I can't resist buying. I am determined to not bring home more than two new to me dolls this year though! lets see if that works out! :chocoberry

5. Let's see... my initial plans for 2011 was only one complete doll, and a body for my floating Obitsu head. I did get the body for my Obitsu... and four other dolls. onoa So, I'm not really good at resolutions.
      For 2012, I've moved back into a dorm sans dolls, so that does put a damper on doll projects, but my plans are:

1. Two dolls only! (A twin and a troll)
      2. One complete (wig, clothes, shoes, accessories) outfit for everyone I own/will come in this year
      3. Make or buy a bag that can hold everyone, or most of everyone XD
      4. Finish building the sets for the photostories I have planned
      5. Find the perfect wavy and short wigs for Mito and his twin

Not including things like maintainance and redoing faceups...

6. It's been exactly a year since my daughter begged to get a doll. I had seen the dolls at coventions and was curious about the hobby but never took the initiative to look into it until she fell in love with a bjd. Sticker shock came next, followed by a wild list of justifications of why we should buy a bjd.
      Well, between the 2 of us, she tells me we have 8 dolls. I love this hobby cause I can use my sewing and creative design skills. So my goals for 2012 are to sew more clothes, make another sofa, chairs ect to complete a diorama and get a face up for deer girl and momo.

7. I had a completely different set of plans that I placed in another thread like this in memes, but there was a sudden traumatic event that happened and changed everything. So this year I want to:

--Thin my collection (already halfway done with this...)
      --Focus on clothing/completing the five remaining, particularly Max, who will finally get his urethanes
      --Get the DDH-06 I've been wanting on the 28th
      --Send that head away to be face-uped

And that's about it, really...:sweat

8. Hard to say since I have another trip to Japan planned out, but I am in the midst of putting Michiko together. I'm waiting on her head (Oasisdoll Linglan), and as soon as I pay off my credit card, I'm going to be ordering her a body as well (from DZ). The way my finances work out she may be the only new doll this year ^_^;

9. Let's see...

1. Faceup for Jerem
      2. Faceup for Huge
      3. Add a scar to Moray's faceup
      4. Buy Dominic later in the year
      5. Maybe get a pkf Luna
      6. Wig caps and default wigs for everyone
      7. Urethane default eyes for everyone
      8. Clothes
      9. Shoes
      10. Maybe learn to sew. Lol
      11. ETA: maybe get a doll chateau doll

10. 1. My doll plans, in terms of increasing my collection, are going to be near zilch this year. I need to refocus my monies into paying off my student loans ASAP as I'll be graduating real soon. Not really a problem to be honest because I'm very satisfied with my crew at this point. There are other dolls that I would love to have but I'm fine with waiting. However, the one exception I've made for myself is that I can buy a doll if it's a really good bargain.

2. I would like to get Hikaru's head modified to have his eyes more opened. I'm getting a little tired of his perpetual bored expression even though it is adorable.

3. Regarding sewing projects...I'd like to make a nice pair of jeans finally. The ones I've made so far have been a little off...

That's about it!

11. Pay off my Jing
      Pay off my Hao
      Pay off a head I have
      Get a Angell studio Adam
      Get a HZ priest set
      Get a HZ set called the messanger
      Get the proper eyes and wig for adam
      Get a female f doll body
      Get male f-doll body and dye it
      Random clothing,eyes wigs wants
      Resinsoul Pixie dragon boy.

12. The only doll plans I have at the moment is saving up more money so I can get my first doll. Plus her wig, a few clothes, etc. Not really a lot of goals yet this year. XD

13. I don't remember if I made plans for 2011, but if I did, I was sure to have failed. =_= For 2012, I'm trying to stick to my plans.

- No more new dolls until at least June, unless Soom comes out with their Teenie MD Full Choice event before that.
      - No buying of clothes/shoes/wigs/accessories until at least June.
      - New faceups for Camui, Fate, Vivid and possibly Eino, and any others who might need it in the course of the year.
      - Body blushing attempt on Reason, maybe.
      - Do at least one proper shoot a month, with lighting, story, set-up, posing, etc.
      - Finalise slopers/basic patterns for:
      70cm (Hound)
      65cm (Supergem boy)
      65cm (Supergem girl)
      60cm (Delf boy)
      26cm (Impl baby)
      26cm (Teenie Gem)
      16cm (Rapa's Factory)

That should be achievable in this year. O_O

14. My dollie plans for 2012 are primarily about character and couture. I'm one of those buy the doll and the story will follow folks, so my group is beginning to form into a story and each of character is emerging. Characters, in turn, drive the design process. My main rationalization to my spouse about this hobby is that they're helping me with my various fiber-based design skills...yeah, that's it. And then there's the recent Elfdoll announcement about the Rainy boys being discontinued, which means bumping up my plan for the next purchase of one of the boys I've wanted: an Elfdoll K. I'm working with a woodworker for some furniture as well. Time for all these brilliant plans would be nice.

15. Get LLT's Ludwig when he's released. Except for that, maybe some new clothes for some of my boys. Maybe not. Running out of space for dolls here so I better save all my money for a larger flat.

16. I'm hoping to sell those I've lost interest to as fast as possible and finally get bodies for my three floating heads... and start to work with face-up myself, I've always wanted to, but God I'm lazy! I also wish I'd buy dolls more efficiently (yeah like thats gonna happen), no sudden impulses, I want dolls I'm really gonna be connected to, not just an interrior decorations.

17. Still reading through the lists! So many great and creative plans! Reading through these posts makes me want to plan on doing something more creative. Learning to sew in 2012 would be awesome!

I love seeing all the plans that the newer members have, which usually includes getting more dolls! (Go Team BJD!)

I also notice members who have been in the hobby for 5 or 6 years are cutting way back on their doll purchases. I know after almost 7 years of being in this hobby, I've gotten most of the dolls I really wanted, and now in 2012 I can just settle back and enjoy them.

Keep those plans coming DOA!

18. Still waiting for Ammy, the doll I wanted since 2008 and bought at the end of November! She's my first one, even though I already bought her a brother while waiting for her and already got him.

2012:

- get jobb and money
      - a MSD brother for my SD siblings and maybe a cute mini girl, or two, that they could adopt like Anne of Green Gables. Identical twins? But first the MSD boy! I think...

19. This year I already got a Pukifee that I wanted so much

Still want to buy;

ddoll AIRI ,
      MISO
      MICHAEL from angelsdolls
      :) I really want a male doll now!

+ More clothes for all my children... maybe sewing some of them!

20. It's so good to hear everyone's plans :)

I didn't really get any of my plans done last year, now how did that happen?!:?

1.Buuut I do hope to save for a new DSLR as well as trying to acquire some of these heads that
      I need for my dolls :D

2. I need to get my DOD boy a body.

3. I wanted to start making jewelry and try faceups

4. My Pan needs a new face up too, and I think my Mikhail needs a touch-up but I don't
      want to wipe his face yet :...(

5.With that camera I can finally start taking photos.

6.Buy or make new props.

7.Buy my first MSD.

8.Buy some prop food.

9. And hopefully build a skill that I can use
      to try and participate in the next anniversary XD

Phew, that was a lot. lol