1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Doll Plans for 2012

Jan 14, 2012

1. Hmmm, my plans for 2012 are, in order of priority:
      1. Buy a doll.
      2. Sew him several outfits.
      3. Take a bunch of pictures.
      4. Finish planning a character and start saving up for her.

2. I haven't gotten any new doll for 2 years now so I think I can buy at least one doll this year. I have my eyes and heart set on Soom MA Sabik <3

3. 2011 has come and gone, and how did your doll plans for 2011 pan out?
      They panned out very well. I got my foot into the hobby, met nice people at a few doll meets, and I have a little trio of girls that I absolutely love.

So what dolly plans do you have for 2012?
      Finish all the faceups... all of them. Make some clothes for my Feeple. Get more clothes for my LTF. Maybe play around with dyeing or body blushing for the RS Dog.

4. Doll Planes for 2012:

1. Try and find a Crobidoll Mikhail 1st Edition - FOUND.
      2. Try and find a Crobidoll Dante to complete my twins - FOUND.
      3. Face up the new Dante when he gets here - he has to get here first
      4. Find the funds to bring home a Leeke Lion, Gray and Kahl
      5. Sell a few dolls that aren't clicking in my crew

I was amazed to find the top two happened within a few weeks of one another right at the start of the year! I'm so happy! *____*

5. I would say my plans are to get Naoki, a Minifee Chloe boy, and Milo a Unoa B-el.... and maybe, just maybe, if I have the cash and they are back in stock on Noppin when I order Milo, Ainsley, an Unoa chibi Roron. actually, I might save up the cash, wait until late in the year and get Lyndon who will be a L-bi as well as the other two.

yeah.... It'll probably just be Naoki and Milo, since I have to deal with my ancient computer and school fees too... T_T

6. 2011...
      I bought a lot of props that I didn't need in 2011. I got a Feeple Ashley (I think I got her in 2011 and not late 2010 O_o) which made me very happy. I have wanted one for a while, but I had not been able to get one before. I also bought two unexpected limited edition Andrej Pejic look-a-likes. :| Though they were not planned, one made the perfect Hilary Paige, who is an old character of mine- I'm glad to have him in doll form. (Oh, also, I discovered Andrej Pejic. >_<)
      My plan for 2011 was to significantly reduce my doll spending, so I would say, things did not exactly go according to plan...

I wanted to buy a Soom Amber, but after looking at my newest doll, Hilary Paige (Oasisdoll Alejandro/AoD), I realized it would cost quite a bit of money and time to get him where I want him to be with all of his outfits, props, and sets. Not to mention, I still want to buy new clothes and props for many of my other dolls.

So, for 2012, I will:

- Esthetics (Modify Hilary's body to a boy, finally finish modifying Amen's hermaphrodite body, fix the messy Chicline RS hybrid I never finished, blush and seal Yong, E.Z., and Hoshang, and re-faceup, blush, seal, and string my Wolfgang and Kit)
      - Commission a hat, a rococco suit, a tuxedo, and one other outfit for Hilary
      - Buy E.Z.'s court jester and get him at last one outfit
      - Buy a Black Fer
      - Buy or make robes for Ghabhar/Yav
      - Buy a set of "Royal" clothes for E.Z.
      - Create at least one simple set
      - Practice making jewelry and clay food
      - re-wig a few guys
      - Get EVERYONE at least one pair of shoes
      - Do at least one series of photostories (even if it is crappy, I want to practice actually taking pictures of my dolls)
      (finally) - Save and plan for one major project that will start at the end of the year or at the beginning of next year (it will probably be Lady Saga and her two servants, one of whom is extremely wasp waisted by a tiny corset.)

7. 2011...

Was basically my first full year of collecting, and I bought about 20 dolls, which is a LOT to say the least. I sold a few that didn't click with me, but hated doing it. Now that I've got a pretty sizable collection...

2012 is the year to actually buy stuff for them! I've got a ton of wigs but am kinda lacking in the outfits department. Plans for this year include:

-Don't buy so many dolls! I know I'll be sucked in by an LE or two from Soom and/or iple but goodness, not at the rate I did last year.

-Get the ones I've got fixed up to character, particularly with the right eyes.

-Finish the faceups on my floating heads.

-Get back into learning how to sew outfits on my own. Maybe get a sewing machine that actually works.

-Save up some money and buy a Nikon D3100, and soon! For me the end result is the photography, and I'm tired of fighting grainy pictures in photoshop.

-There's gonna be a lot of expenses incurred this year between getting married and a lot of planned trips back home and moving, but if I can do it I'd like to get an Elena on the Volks FCS.

-There will be twin iple B.I.D. Elins this year! LEs have prevented me from buying them but they've been at the top of my wishlist for months.

8. - Face-up to Gerda, Inanna and maybe Balder.
      - Body for Charlie and Ainan.
      - Clothing/shoes/wigs/eyes for Rose, Anath, Lucy, Ainan and Charlie.
      - Start the photostory project with my friend.
      - Buy a camera.
      - Have a dolly break.

9. 2011:I bought one new doll, and five floating heads.

2012:
      Buy a Dollzone Moment before he gets discontinued.
      Buy a body for each of my floating heads.
      Finally receive my Dollshe Rosen that I ordered in 2010.
      Get wigs, eyes, clothes and face-ups for my Roderich twins, and possible for my Edria as well.
      Practice doing face-ups so I can get better.
      Take pictures of my Volks Date Masamune, and stop being lazy and give him a name.

10. - Buy a body for Sebastian, and that's it for doll purchases. They're taking over the house!
      - Work on sewing skills. I love to sew for the resin family but I'm just learning to do it.
      - Get a new faceup for Kiddo and a first faceup for Sebastian.
      - A new wig for Kai - he looks demented in his current one.
      - As always, more clothes for Ciel because he's spoiled and demanding.

11. Plans for 2012:

Finally. Get. A. Doll.

I've been interested in this hobby since January 2009. I think it's about time, and I have some extra money coming my way. If I actually get a doll this year, believe me I will be spending lots of time doing face-ups, body-blushing, sueding, restringing, making clothes and props, the works.

12. My plans are basically to buy more clothes for my current doll, buy a body for my floating head, then get him a face-up and clothes and things. I don't want to buy any more dolls just yet, but I guess if I suddenly acquire a lot of money for whatever reason I'd consider buying a Zaoll Luv. I really want to finish my current dolls before getting any more, because I hate having two unfinished dolls at home.

13. My plans oft go awry, but there are some definite plans.

Finish paying for my DollZone Moment.
      Order a Dollstown 18 boy body for my MsDoll Ganymede head.
      Order an LLT Ludwig the second he's available.
      Order my Volks FCS F-41 if the Graffiti girl body gets added to the Sato selection this fall.
      Order a white Fairyland 60cm girl body if it gets released this year. Or an OasisDoll Chic body if that's ever available in white. I'm starting not to care which it is after trying to find a new body for a particular doll for six years now.
      Find a little boy body for my Pixy Mano.

Paint my MsDoll Ganymede, Dollshe Orijean, DZ Moment, Oasis Alejandro, and LLT Ludwig.

Actually sew something for my dolls. Maybe knit something too. It's been ages since I've done either but somehow the fabric and yarn stash keeps growing no matter how much of it I give away.

Find more time to make jewelry for my own dolls!!!!

14. Hmm plans for this year, they are few, but worthwhile I do feel. XD

~ Finish saving up for Blade (Souldoll Tae) and order him,
      ~ FINALLY begin saving up for Heiss (Feeple65 Roke),
      ~ If at all possible, FINISH saving up for Heiss and order him so Neo will no longer be lonely,
      ~ Get face ups/body blushing for Sarge, Aeirion, Neo, Zemekiel, Diamond and Diego (and if he is here, Heiss as well,)
      ~ Get a custom wig made specially for Sarge,
      ~ Get some custom clothing made for both Neo, Heiss and Zeme, as well as collars for Diamond and Diego.

Um yeah that's pretty much it really. My plans involve stuff FOR my dolls as apposed to getting too many new dolls. But I would dearly love to be able to get both Blade and Heiss, since Neo and Sarge have waited very paitently for their other halfs for too long. XD
      ~ Buy some

15. Pay off layaway dolls from last year.

Try not to get more dolls, but I've already broken that plan! *_*

I have a doll on my wish-list, but might NEVER get around to getting her at this rate!!!

-----

I am very poor at planning... :(

16. I was pretty good in 2011. Only purchased 1 doll.

I've sort of refined my purchasing 'process' I guess you could say. As a result, no dolls are standing out to me hugely *knock on wood*.

For 2012, I really want to work on character & storyline development. Deciding if I'll write or draw storylines, developing personalities and interactions etc. I seem to have some loose groupings in my collection that could be worked into stories.

I guess I'd like to spend more time with my dolls. Last year I was a neglectful owner. :(

Good luck to everyone with their 2012 goals! :D

17. Fun to read all these posts!! Good luck all, with the plans and even more with the unplanned!

My Plans for 2012:

1. Hope for another order period for irrealdoll Enyo, and get her as a BD/Holiday present from my fam. :)

2. IF another present occasion (or coming into funds), get a LTF friend for my little Ante

3. Make my DC Colin into a beautiful clown

4. Redo some face-ups now that I have better supplies and more experience.

5. Restring Mei again, poor girl

6. Sew and knit and craft and mod

6. Have fun with all my dear beauties :D

18. My main plan is to downsize my collection.

2011 was a huge doll acquisition year for me, and I have reached that point where I just feel like I have too many. I am hoping to be able to sell off approximately 1/3 of my collection and floating heads (10-12 dolls/ floatingheads).

I also need to just say NO to the impulse buy in 2012, especially where floating heads are concerned. Floating heads lead to wanting mroe bodies which leads to more dolls...which leads to me making this same resolution again in 2013.:sweat

For those I'm keeping....
      • Upgrade Kit and Silas from their current 60-cm bodies to a 65-cm range body.
      • Invest in a few nice outfits for those who could use upgrades.
      • Finally find the perfect red! curly! long! wig for Phineas
      • Get some properly sized eyes for those in my crew who need something smaller than 14mms.

19. 1) get iplehouse Asa and Carina on sid bodies with large bust using CDS
      2) get iplehouse Lahela and aurora in normal skin on sid body large bust somehow or another
      3) get iplehouse Claude, Barahan, female naias and male byuri in normal skin somehow...
      4) wait for kid line to be released
      5) get Isar and fit her on a kid body if it fits
      6) save up for enchanted doll eyes and wigs for my dolls
      7) research on how to make historically accurate clothes for dolls
      8) get face up done on my dolls
      9) get them that lovely&#10084; Chainmail clothes
      very ambitious&#63005;, I wonder if I can achieve even half of them&#62977;.

20. 1) pay off the layaways from last year
      2) get the planned dolls only (no unexpected dolls) like Spiritdoll Caphor and body for my HZ HuiKa
      3) try to sew an outfit for my Iason Mink
      4) take better pictures
      5) redo some faceups