1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Doll Plans for 2012

Jan 14, 2012

1. 2011 plans were a total flop... intended budget was completely busted.

Plans for 2012:

1) Get Volks Ami Ayase (Done. Arrival due in April)
      2) Keep crew to just 13 this year (Currently at 12 counting the 2 incoming Ami, so can only get another doll this yr)
      3) Get more gals outfits, shoes and wigs. Get Sadol new sch outfits for the boys.
      4) Complete my photostories
      5) Get my ass down to making props and furniture
      6) Repaint Date and F-38
      7) Visit Volks Sato in Kyoto and attend at least one Dolpa!
      8) Do up my spare room into a full living space for the crew, complete with bartops etc (this is a long shot)

AND to keep within the yearly doll budget set!

2. I guess I didn't plan for last year, which is why I ended up buying eight dolls (two of which should arrive today or tomorrow and one scheduled to arrive in March).

This year, I am gonna try to keep it simple...

My plan for this year is to keep my purchases to under three dolls, plus a body for my last floating head.

Other than than, just sew my hiney off for the mob of resin-kids already at home.

3. Last year I bought a couple of dolls that were 'misses'. I was convinced I had to buy another Soom doll and of course they would be wonderful. I was wrong, I just have to face the fact that new Soom dolls don't do it for me...

But they were a couple of 'hits' as well! I got my Bygg and delved into the world of SD-size. And I'm happy about both :)

Plans for 2012 include another SD girl (hopefully pretty early in the year) and a body for my Unoa FP. I'll try to keep it at that, although I'm pining over a cute tan girl (in any size, really) and if a perfect one pops up...

4. Hmm plans for this year.

I'm not actively looking for dolls right now cause of trying to save for the possibility of getting a house (something my husband brought up suddenly in dec @.@)
      I would like to finish my pukifee's bedroom set up
      Finish Solana's character (clothes mostly)
      otherwise nothing is planned but then I rarely plan anything >.<

5. 1) Buy a white skin Impldoll Ziv on an ImpStar body.
      2) Get the new doll's face up and body blushing done by an independent artist.
      3) Sell the doll clothes that I never use.
      4) Buy a cheap yellow skin body for my Doll Family - H MianXiang.
      5) Get my Boy & Girl body re-strung.
      6) Get two of my existing dolls' face-ups changed.
      7) Take more and better photographs of them all.
      8) Hopefully not get into debt over how much I need to spend -_-

6. Ha, I had plans to acquire (a) NO big dollies in 2011 and (2) two small ones: a Ringdoll girl to be Shao's sister and a Resinsoul Mei to be her BF. Instead I somehow acquired two Super Gems, Shao's sister refused to bond and had to become a brother, and I got an Impldoll kitsune instead of my green Mei. Y'know how they say "if you want to hear the gods laugh, tell them your plans"? I gave them a good laugh for sure. =)
      Plans for 2012:
      (1) Resinsoul Mei
      (2) Decide between Ringdoll Dylan and Iplehouse Asa (MAYBE get both...)
      (3) get a LOT better at sewing--maybe buy sewing machine!

7. (1) Learn to sew clothes for my new girl.
      (2) Get a new face up for her
      (3) Buy her many things.
      (4) Finally get a Latidoll yellow lea! I've always wanted one!
      (5) Get a MSD girl.
      (6) Maybe save up for an SD still debating If I wanna go that big.

8. Mine are simple:
      1)Save up for Sarang
      2)Get her some nice (cheap) clothes that actually fit her
      3)Learn to take ~*~pretty~*~ photos

9. I am waiting for IDEX to see what Lasher dolls come out. I am also looking at Wiggs dark Laryssa and I plan to order 7yr Seola from DT.

10. and I hope to stop BUYING dolls for awhile and start enjoying and appreciating the ones I have - displaying and sewing for them.

11. 1) Absolutely quote
      2) Wanna have the only doll in my wish list for 2012: Soom's Breccia!
      3) Need to give all my girls a decent face-up and practice myself doing them
      4) Start sewing

12. 1.) Get a pair of shoes for each doll I have (almost there).
      2.) Face-ups for those in need.
      3.) Consider thinning the herd.
      4.) Go through wigs, eyes and clothes.
      5.) Not buy any new dolls (the only doll I bought this year is one of my old dolls, I don't think that counts).

13. My doll plans for 2012 are:

- Pay off credit card!
      - Order shoes for all 3 of my dolls in February (Even thought I won't have them all this year :()
      - Get Volks DDdy body in March
      - Order carrying case from cool cats
      - Order head for my second doll (Hopefully body too before the year ends)

That's about it, don't want to go overboard!

14. I love reading through everyone's plans! So many great plans, but this one really hit me as something I need to do: go through all my wigs, eyes, and clothes! They really are sort of an un-organzied mess. 2012 would be a good year to thin out and re-organize my wig-eyes-clothes drawers.

15. Hopefully this year, I'll get Una finally. I may be getting a better job, which means much better chances of saving, so who knows. Maybe I'll even get my Abadon head his body this year too :D

16. I also think that one thing I want to do this year is create a 'Surprise Doll Purchase' failsafe. A lot
      of times dolls come out limited that you may not have the money to afford right then and there but I hope to create myslef a system that helps with those 'surprise' sales. Wish me luck :)

17. I finally got my self a girl this year and this year's going to be photo year with no new doll... let's see how long I can last with the "no new doll part." xD

I definitely want to concentrate on photographing my sd boy and msd girl more than I did last year! And I might as well add in practicing faceup skill and sewing since I really do need to learn more about those two things.

18. This year I'd like to get my first BJD (Which I'll be ordering sometime soon :3) and learn how to make dolly clothes for her :)

19. This year I would like to finally put up my doll clothing store and build up a stock/customer base to make some side cash.

I also want to do some research and get my girl dollies made. It's surprisingly hard finding properly scaled tanned bodies though. :/

20. 1. Expand and organize my doll space. Need a new plastic drawer too. ; _;
      2. Everyone needs new clothes! And shoes!
      3. Face-ups. Two of my current kids need new face-ups and the new arrivals are coming blank.
      4. Wigs too!
      5. Finally bring Echo into the family, his arrival is long overdue.
      6. Demetri. He's gone off to find a new host and hasn't come back yet, Mirza is getting quite impatient.
      7. Try to cut back on impulse additions to the family;;