1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Dolls Room/Area

Nov 22, 2008

1. Even before I bought my first doll, I wanted to make a tiny. My dad helped me put together a special cabinet that has two spaces of 80x50x50cm on top of each other and a storage area of 80x50x20 at the bottom. The top room was meant for my homemade tiny, but she still needs to be cast and all my other dolls have taken over now^^:: This is the most recent pic I have. A few days after I took this I cleared out all the junk from the bottom room and stuck it in the storage area. Currently my two MSDs and a floating head are living downstairs.

[​IMG]

Older pic of the whole thing (it was all so nice and new and empty back then O.O The Pocket Fairies have since been rehomed):

[​IMG]

The cabinet is in my bedroom, which is in the attic. I closed off one side of the space on the top (to prevent direct light coming in), so there's an extra little room with a sloping roof in the "attic", where my vampire crew are going to live. Building dollhouses is fun :)

2. Samana just resides on my dresser, next to some porcelain dolls I have.

3. My friend has this cool glass curio cabinet that I might convince her that I want to buy...I would love to put all of my childhood toys in there, in my den. I have one china doll named Megan (she came with my name, I didn't name her after myself!), and a Madame Alexander Alice from when I was little, as well as some Ginnies, a Strawberry Shortcake, a ragdoll, my dad's toy tiger....I would have quite a cool museum exhibit of my childhood, I think! I am scared to death that my terrier will decide my incoming doll is a fabulous chew toy, so I am going to have to devise a location where I can admire her loveliness, but keep her safe. Thanks for all of hte ideas!

4. Mei has her own canopy bed under my bookshelf and then this morning she claimed the windowsill to watch the snow so for now those are her two places. X3 I fo want to give her more places to play in but that will take some time to figure out.

5. 1 bedroom apartment + 21 dolls = phenomenal cosmic power with itty-bitty living space. Everybody used to live crammed together on one table... until last month, when Ikea finally came to my rescue.
      Now there are dorms.

Some dorms have fabric backdrops, which is as fancy as I can be bothered to get, and some have bachelor-pads with posters all over the walls.

When I leave for work: down goes the drape, and out goes the sun.

I don't have a big-screen TV yet-- so the huge Mecha Angel merman gets to live in its place, in his own quasi-aquarium. :whee: He still needs a backdrop, and possibly a big velvet rock.

(On top of that cabinet, you can see the pink Bratz genie-bottle where the Tinies live. It keeps them safely out of the way.)

The rest of everyone else is still crammed together on sofas (1, 2, 3) on the table. Any sofa that seats 4 men between 50 and 63 cm, is cool by me.

And NOW I have to figure out where to fit an Iplehouse Akando. :doh

6. My dolls all sit round a little Re-Ment table 'having dinner' on my chest of draws. :D

7. Mine are on two tables in an L-shaped configuration, in the corner behind my computer table. Except for the few that are draped around my computer...

I'm fortunate to have a house with some enormous open spaces on the lower level (read: finished basement), and that's where we spend most of our time. But between the Spouzal Unit (tm) and two kids with stuff of their own, not a lot of space in it gets to be just mine. (Sumpin's wrong with that. *I* pay the mortgage...)

What I really want someday is to glom the back bedroom down here to be JUST a dollhouse. For the immediate future, though... My biggest challenge is to make the corner over here look like a place and not just a bare corner. The dolls and I used to be cramped under my anime figures shelves in the other room... but now the piano is under there and the dolls and I have moved next door.
      Whee! Three months later and I STILL haven't finished cleaning up the mess we made...

8. My dolls have a shelf with a bed in my cupoboard Only trouble is Quinn's a bit big still it's only meant to be temporary I guess as I might be off to uni in September so hopefully they'll have lots more room then

9. I plan to give my guy and his Lady the top of my dresser. It's an antique, so it's a pretty big space up there.

10. My boys sit on my bedside table. :) There's only enough room for the two of them though so I don't know where I will put more dolls if/when I get them.

JennyNemesis - Those dorms are awesome! >o< Now I want to make a little room for my boys xDD

11. When I was in Australia I had a set of shelves in the lounge with chairs set up, and the dolls divided on the seating according to their relationships. There were even rugs on the "floor". Now I have moved to the US and am sharing a house with my best friend, his partner, and my partner, as well as three "helper cats" and a tongue with dog attached. I love living here but simply do not have room for the dolls to have a dedicated setup at this point (not to mention a lot of them are still in Aus, and their furniture etc is all there) so I have a couch on the bedside table with my elves on it, a shelf opposite the bed with my werewolves, and I find the humans tend to float around the house, and often end up in the office, which is painted all black and has a mini graveyard on one of the bookshelves. My gothy dolls seem at home there.

12. My girl sits on my dresser on top of my pink ...idk make up holder thingy. It used to have a bunch of bonnebell lip chap in it but now it's just got random crap :'D It's right across from my bed so if anything happened she'll be right there! I've also got blinds on my window from back when I had a hamster so she's safe from sun ^^ I don't know where my incoming MD Miho will go ha ha

13. When I get my...dolls...(I just found a second one to be interested in--damn! I can't afford this!)...I'm going to clear out the top shelf-thingy of my "entertainment center" and convert it into their room. Right now it's basically empty save for some books, and I think it'd be quite cozy for them. Hee hee.

14. Mine are usually around my computer table (were I'm always working) but I have made up their own little space too. I used to have a whole 'room' set up on the floor that consisted of two floors (keeping in mind that I only have SD sized dolls) with a full sized bed, sofa, table, etc. We always have such a dust problem since I live in the country so that idea was soon scrapped.

Now they both live on top of my glass display case and on top of my book shelf. The book shelf is large enough for a chair and a table. The case has a Japanese theme with a low sofa and other 'ornaments'. Although as I said before they are rarely even in their space.

15. I am presently in the mental process of completely rearranging my sewing and crafts studio to make room for the dolls and all their accessories. At this point, things are in for a super purge when spring cleaning rolls around in another month.

16. I need a shelf ...

17. When I got my first doll I had no where to put him. He was an SD and didn't sit well so without a chair I couldn't trust him to not fall. Browsing around on ebay I found an American Girl type doll chair that was damaged, bought it, repaired it, bought a bunch of hollow books for storing BJD things, and as my doll collection grew, so did my determination to build a nice spot to display my lovelies.

I made a place for them on top of my u-shaped desk. Here is a view of the left side of my room showing the desk as it looks from my door.
      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Yumeko1/IMG_2315_zpsa644430e.jpg

Here are some other close ups of where I have them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      This is my smallest doll next to my growing collection of rements. The red/white chair is actually a pin cushion with a little storage area under the cushion that I got from Joanne Fabrics store. The chair he currently is in is a cellphone chair I bought from Claire's.

[​IMG]
      This is my other yo-sd in a metal chair I found at a 100 yen store while in Japan. I took it home, spray painted it black, and it works perfect for my little guy. He has some dinosaur rements and plush puppies I bought at a discount store. The brand is Only Heart. You can also see my big boy here in the American girl chair. The chair is on a hollow book to give it enough height for his long legs. Except for the G-Dragon album, the rest of the books are filled to the max with BJD clothes, wigs, and other accessories.

I have a loongsoul body I've been making payments on so my original big boy will soon have a new body that can properly sit and pose like the one you see in the pictures now. I have a large metal chair that I spray painted black that is waiting for my "new" doll. When I'm able to put him back together I will move the yo-sd boy next to my poodle bjd and the two SD boys can sit next to each other. Well, that's the plan for now :)

18. My doll usually sit on a purple chair in my bedroom, proudly and predominantly displayed. I like to be able to see them and get to them easily. They spend most of their time in this chair. It's already a little crowded, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I have too many for it.

Sometimes, though, I do pack them up and they live in a floral suitcase behind my door if this happens.

This is their chair. It's sole purpose in life is to display my dolls.

[​IMG]

19. My boys stay mainly on my dresser top in their various seats, reminding me that I have something to do, such as change my clothes already.

[​IMG]
      Or I need a faceup (sorry Lukas)!
      The other place is under the stairs I have a little unused spot that I can set up rooms or props and take some nice photos - except I have to get down on my knees and move everything around.
      [​IMG]

I created this cafe scene under these stairs too.
      [​IMG]