1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Dolls Room/Area

Nov 22, 2008

1. Mine have taken up residence in the upper cabinet of my computer stand, up high and safe like.

2. Mine sit on the dresser and shelves and in the floor. Most have a chair or bench to sit on, unless they're MSD sized or an SD sized sitting on the shelves.

3. I have a shelf about the height of my desk. They're all sitting closely and snuggly over there. My sister keeps telling me I'll run out of room soon. xD Occasionally I put one next to me on top of the printer on my desk.

4. I cleared off a part of my tiny bookshelf I have, which is enough room for my one MSD girl to sit down in...but if my next doll is SD sized I'm gonna have to buy a new shelf or something!

5. Chaeri and Johnny have a little one-room house all to themselves, right next to my bed. It's got bookshelves, a desk nook, a closet, and a window that looks out on a cherry tree I painted. They can sit on their futon built for two and watch television while nibbling on eraser sushi.

6. My boy sits next on the table next to y bed. During the day I keep my curtains closed so he rarely gets any sunlight.

7. A few years after Mom's passing the house is still not in order from when we were moving so much stuff around to make our living room into a 'hospital' like room for her (she never got to pass while at home). Now nearly 3 years of me having no real help setting the house to rights (Dad is not able to really do to much 'furniture' moving and I have not been able for years.... I am getting some help (home care) that hopefully will help me sort out stuff, get rid of what I can and help me find ppl to get propper furniture back where it belongs. AND I hope I can finally get some more doll friendly cabinetry that is not stuck in the room we never use anymore ><... I don't do stairs to the basement if I don't have too :sweat. Until then my resin kids live in what I call the 'doll cubby'. One small section of a large built in wall unit. (not doll friendly really). It's where they sit mostly but I have occasionally emptied it to set up a photo space. First I had just 2 wood chairs but a lucky snag at a doll meet netted me an iron and wood 'park bench' type that holds all my kids with a bit of extra room! I can leave them out now since the cats almost always leave them alone now... (a wig goes for a grooming once in a while though).

This is the most recent picture with 'everyone' in the cubby including my headless body O_O... The body with the head will be in that spot soon though and I will have to find where to put the newest planned doll but she should still fit too... Hopefully the matching cubby on the otherside of the wall unit can be cleared out this summer and I can use both!... If you look in the Group set there are a few more 'set ups as I 'organized' at times and fyi all the 'trunks' fit under the bench with room to spare lol!

[​IMG]

8. its been great to see/read about everyone's displays!

I was thinking about giving my girl a lantern to sleep in. She's semi-fae looking (LittleFee Ante elf) so I think she'd look wonderful in a lantern :)

9. My dolls have a shelf in my cupboard. It has transparent doors but there's no sunlight

10. My dolls are in our bedroom next to the tv where I can always see them!

11. Well, right now since I am raising a little hellion of a boy kitten most of my dolls are actually packed away for their safety. I do have shelf space for my dolls but right now I can't just leave them out. He's still too active and destructive. That includes most of the BJD's though their situation is a bit different in that they're in yoga type bags I made them and can be gotten to fairly easily when the boy is put away in another room and I can play or work with them uninterrupted by him. Sometimes I will leave out one or two of them on my bed to play with even while he is there but I have a thick blanket on the bed to quickly cover them with if he looks like he is going to try to mess with them. He tries, so usually if he's in the room they're safely tucked away either in their bags or under the blanket. I'm not much into living with chewed fingers or toes, so until he learns to behave around the dolls that's just how it's going to be.

Most of the time it's not an issue after the first year or so. Post kittenhood, my other cats so far couldn't have cared less about my dolls, but he's a Red Point Siamese and so far he's been a whole other thing from all the other cats I have raised over the years. He's very loving with me, but also very aggressive and extremely active to the point where you'd pretty much have to sedate him to get him to settle down for too long. If there is such a thing as kitty ADHD he's got a bad case of it. If he doesn't settle down a lot over the next year or so I may just have to resort to putting plexiglass on the shelving to be able to display my dolls. I don't like the idea. It makes them far less accessible but I can't really afford to replace all my open bookcases with glass fronted ones so that would be about the only way I could do it, still have him, and keep them all safe.

Eh, what can I say? He's a little pain in the behind in some ways, lol, but he's totally worth it. Every time he jumps up into my arms, cuddles me, rubs his head all under my chin and kisses my face and hands all over I count him a blessing, even if he can be a rampaging little brat at times. There's only one thing I love having around more than my dolls though and that's my furballs, so as much as I love my dolls, the cats always come first.

12. Here a video my dolls Kairi and Shink's bedroom.

13. My extra bedroom is my doll room. Nine of my dolls have their own bedrooms set up in shelving on the back wall. The rest hang out on the couch or bar. The chest of drawers holds all extra props and each doll who doesn't have a bedroom has a plastic tub in the chest of drawers holding all of their clothes and accessories. The closet houses backdrops, large props, boxes and pieces of clothing that need to hang instead of being stuffed in a box or tiny furniture.

[​IMG]

14. Mine don't have one yet D: My oldest has a chair those, but not the other two.

15. I'm currently in the process of moving... Where I am right now, I've never been able to do much for my dolls in terms of having a 'room' for them, and while I'm not actually going to have that much more space in the new house for doll displaying, I'm hoping I can get something set up for them. It's definitely fun to see what others have done!

16. Hmm... if I realy have some more space, I would love to buy a diorama for my MSDs. Now I try to let them hang out in my vitrine... ( -.-)°

I just designed a under water world for my Soom Rico, who will come home on Saturday.

The tiny ones have a diorama home already, but one of 'em isn't finished yet. Should fo this... hmm... hope to get some more freetime for it....

17. Mine sit in a display cabinet at the moment with some collectible old bears that i have, but i would love to make them their own room at some point. I really love some of the living areas people have made for their dolls.

18. My boy just lay in my bed most of the time. Sometimes I sit him next to me while I'm working on my laptop. My doll doesn't have a specific area, he can be everywhere at my house when I'm around.

19. My doll hangs out beside my laptop. Since I spend a lot of time in the computer, I figured this is the best spot for me to see him most of the time.