1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll's wardrobe: Empty or Bursting?

Jan 31, 2011

1. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      Yes for the first part, but then I gradually keep trying to make them things and failing. I don't usually move on to the next doll until I order them or am about to order them.

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customise them further with clothing?
      A little. I only have a hand full of outfits for each (my boy only has two pairs of pants, if that's any indication.) It's a little uninspiring for them to be in the same outfits over and over. Especially considering their outfits aren't really the kind of outfits I wanted for them in the first place.

(If you have many) how many per doll? Are you biased towards one particular outfit or do you change them regularly? When do you have too many clothes?
      Both of my dolls (I don't include my tiny because she shares clothes with my 1/6 vinyl dolls) don't have a whole lot of outfits or clothes, but my girl has more. Mostly because a lot of her clothes are from other dolls I've had in the past. I don't change them a lot, but I'm not super biased towards any outfits. I feel like you have too many clothes when you don't use all of them.

Do you buy or not-buy intentionally?
      I try not to buy because sometimes I feel like I could make something for cheaper than it costs (I'm usually wrong), but also because I don't have hella money.

2. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      it depends on the doll. Some of them have set outfits because their character does or because its "their favorite outfit" then i have a few that have lots of outfits because its in their character to do so. Honestly though it mostly has to do with how up to making them clothes i feel ^^; since i make almost all of my dolls clothes myself

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customise them further with clothing?
      it can become boring since I'm not interacting with them by making them clothing however i make up for it in other aspects. because i mostly have my dolls to use as models for when i am drawing. or i make them new wigs so that they can have their hair up or down. so i don't lose interest in the dolls themselves per say i just dont get the fun of making them clothes.

(If you have many) how many per doll? Are you biased towards one particular outfit or do you change them regularly? When do you have too many clothes?
      again it depends on the doll.most of my dolls i don't change most of their outfits all that often i don't know if its because I'm always tired from work and if i would do it more given the time or it its just the way i am with them -shrugs- however the ones that get lots of outfits made for them are more likely to have them changed just becouse i like seeing the new outfit on and then i might decide i liked an old one better. as for when i have to many clothes i havent gotten there so i dont know yet ^-^

Do you buy or not-buy intentionally?
      not really. if i happen to find something i like for a good price i might grab it however for the most part other then the shoes i make all my dollies clothes myself simply because i like doing so ^-^ and that way i can have the outfit look exactly how i want it ^-^

so yeah i'm pretty wishy washy about the whole thing ^-^ it all depends and you never can tell