1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your doll's wardrobe: Empty or Bursting?

Jan 31, 2011

1. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      One default outfit, usually.

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customise them further with clothing?
      Not at all. Sometimes I wish I had clothes for specific shoots, like right now it's winter so it would be nice if they had winter clothes. But other than that I don't mind.

(If you have many) how many per doll? Are you biased towards one particular outfit or do you change them regularly? When do you have too many clothes?
      Well, I only have one outfit per doll right now. I'd say that having seasonal outfits would be good, so that's 4 outfits per doll. More than that might be too many.

Do you buy or not-buy intentionally?
      I buy clothes, and I sew clothes. Basically, I buy what I can't or I'm too lazy to sew xP

2. Because I commission mine and they can become quite expensive (the outfits are all quite elaborate) my dolls all have one set. The clothes describe their character just as much as their headsculpt, body sculpt and face-up does and despite having some for almost 4 years I'm not getting bored with them.

... Of course, it helps that some still need a few accessories before they're really done.

3. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      I used to keep my dolls naked (cuz I was afraid they'd wrinkle the clothes or they'd get stained) and I would only take the clothes out to dress them for photos but now..what the heck. The fun part is changing their outfits! So I've begun to hoard shoes/outfits..orz. I try to make sure each doll has a fancy/formal outfit or uniform, a winter outfit, a summer outfit, sleeping clothes, and a bunch of other casual clothes too to mix and match. See why I'm broke?? =D

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customise them further with clothing?
      The doll isn't boring itself, but looking at them wearing the same thing all the time is kinda...

(If you have many) how many per doll? Are you biased towards one particular outfit or do you change them regularly? When do you have too many clothes?
      I try to make it equal, and I try to change my doll's outfits regularly. You can never have too many clothes. (Unless you run out of space. XD)

Erm... both? o.O I'm pretty picky with what I want, but at the same time if I randomly see an outfit I like (happened many times..) even if the doll already has many outfits, I'd still buy it. Can't help it! ><

4. Whenever I have time and inspiration, I make them some outfits.

When Halloween comes along again, it should be easier to find some spidery stuff for my Drow elf :)

5. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      All of my dolls of similar sizes share the same clothes. My male doll is lucky though because he gets his clothes to himself...though he only has 2 outfits right now. My Pippitan is lucky because she gets run of the Blythe clothes, too.

I would like to get some new clothes for my dolls but I don't have a lot of space right now. Once I find a dresser for my own clothes, it is going to free up more space for me to organize my doll clothes the way I want to, and then I can see what else I can get for them. I am a little bored with their options, but only momentarily.

My Yo-sized tiny now has the run of all the dresses I have in her size range since she's the only one. Some fit her better than others though and those are the ones I use more.

I haven't bought any new clothes in awhile, but as I said before I don't have a lot of storage space. Also, my primary clothing goal is to make sure each of my dolls has one pair of shoes; my guy still doesn't have a pair of good shoes that fit. Space-constraints or not, I'm very lazy when it comes to buying their clothes. Even if it is something I want, I always wait too long, then the item is often sold or I decide the price is too high and wait longer.

6. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls? Currently all of my dolls have several outfits, but there are upcoming ones that will have only one, or very few outfits. It all depends on the character. My current ones love clothes. ^_^;

I've never actually counted, but I sew a lot and each doll has a bin-full. There are clothes I like more than others...so Yoru ends up in his Dollheart Justice outfit more often than he would like to. XD I have too many clothes when my hands hurt from sewing, I guess.

I tend NOT to buy...because I can make most of their clothes. ^_^; I think each of them will end up with one store-bought outfit, though, just because I think they should each have one nicer than what I can make.

7. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      I don't as a rule, buy clothes for my dolls. I much prefer making my own. However, in terms of the number of outfits- they each get several. In fact, I don't make outfits so much as individual pieces that get mixed and matched into their own personal wardrobes.

I do actually. I love to dress them, style their hair and then take pictures. Unfortunately, because of my own stupidity, I've let the number of dolls completely demolish the number of completed wardrobes with a score of 8-0. Thus, the lot of them are pretty much in scraps of clothing that I've essentially thrown together in a sad attempt to try and make sure that they at least aren't nekkid while I desperately try to recoup.

Eventually, I'll have a baggie system that stores all the pieces for their individual wardrobes. (Yes, that's right- baggies.) I don't think I'd be biased towards any particular look for any of them though, although I may favour certain pieces on certain dolls. At this time, I have the antithesis of space, so I think I'd have too many if I ran out of places to store them...

I intentionally don't buy. However- I have to make an exception where certain things are concerned. I buy shoes, jackets and school uniforms with reckless abandon XD

8. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?

Most of my dolls share clothes.

I never lose interest in them, but they definitely need more clothes. I dislike buying random generic clothes though. I would rather have specific beautiful outfits for each one.

Too many would be when I run out of room.

When I buy, I buy items that are perfect for each doll. I buy shoes because making them is a lot of trouble, but prefer to sew their clothes. I try not to buy stuff I could make.

9. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?

I only have one right now but will be getting pieces soon

I first would love to get my dolls head back (faceup from Beesou and its in transit to me now) but so far I am not bored.

Buy wherever you find them

10. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      I buy a variety of different outfits of two types of styles I prefer to see on my doll, Damien. So I have a Victorian and modern appeal to his outfits. Changing up his outfits is much more fun than keeping just the same one.

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customise them further with clothing? I recently just purchased my first ball-jointed-doll a couple months ago. I have a hard to believe that I'd find myself getting bored of my doll, Damien. He is so beautiful, but I am sure I'll want to add more to his family. I would probably just change his outfits and hair... Since his face-up would look good with most all his clothes.

(If you have many) how many per doll? Are you biased towards one particular outfit or do you change them regularly? When do you have too many clothes? I used to own twenty or more Bratz dolls, and they had a bunch of clothing, I would do the same for my ball-jointed doll. He doesn't have much clothes at the moment, but that's because I am carefully choosing his outfits. I am thinking about sewing clothes for him too. So It doesn't matter to me if he has huge wardrobe, I could find a place to put them all.

I buy intentionally, because I don't want to waste my money on something I may find boring. :) I'm very particular.

11. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls? I like for all my dolls to have multiple outfits. they all change fairly often and that also goes for their eyes and wigs.

NA

All my boys share clothes, or certain pieces so i don't really know how to count outfits since everything is mix and match and shared ^^"
      I buy intentionally, i have bought alot of things just because they were pretty in the past and now the majority of those things didn't ever go to a doll.

12. I never got a default outfit for my bigger because she came as seperate parts, with boy head and girl body. BUT my other girl Casa actually came with panties. Like little girl ones not like sexy ones.

13. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      No, I have many diffrent outfits for my dolls, so that I can change them after the mood/weather/foto/doll meet. They do share the clothing between them selfs

I am not sure, I think about 4-5 pr doll. I make most of their clothing so I lost track of them. But I do know that there are at least 2 bags of clothing, 1 bag of shoes (purse bag) and a toy chest with wigs (small ikea)

I shop intentionally, do the doll need it, would it look good on one of them. And I don't have the money to loose on bad buy's

14. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      nope, no default outfits! my boys are always changing clothes/pieces of clothing because they're supposed to be like...normal teenagers. and i can't stand them in the same thing for too long. the 2 boys share a common wardrobe, but underpants are their own. 8D other than that, they share clothes cos i'll be broke if i gave them separate wardrobes when their dress sense is so similar. they ARE several items that belongs more to gabby/dennis but generally they share.

i spoil them with clothing, even though i have 2. so erm. that's good for them and my entertainment but really bad news for my wallet.

i don't have biased toward a particular outfit. they just get changed into whatever fancies me at the point of changing them. i think they have too much clothes when it can't fit in the box i have for their clothes. which is like now. :/ but i also think the box is a bit small but it's the only size that can fit in my wardrobe where i keep it lol.

doll clothes? not for now, because i don't have paypal. i can ask my friend to help me pay and i return her the cash, but it's troublesome so i only do it for resin parts. clothing...i always have the mentality that i'll be able to find something similar somewhere else. lol.

15. It's my wardrobe, they took it over. ;) they have tons of stuff!

Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls? No I like them to have a whole range of thing, summer and winter wardrobe.

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customise them further with clothing? I do get bored of an outfit if they wear it too long, I like the change them maybe once a month or so.

16. Right now most of my dolls have only random pieces of clothing made into outfits. I think I have about ~10-12 outfits for 8 dolls. 3 of those outfits are for sale...

Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      I would love for them to have one default and some secondary outfits. But right now none of them have any.

Right now I feel I should buy more clothing for them then more firiends xP

I do have many outfits for all my dolls but I like to have them only wear one and sometimes soo if i can change a shirt or a pair of pants to make it a little different.

Right now I only buy what I can that can fit. I hope to buy things that will make an outfit when I get to know what I want them to wear xP

17. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      In the past, I used to start with one outfit when I buy a doll, then another doll and another outfit and work from there. I don't think I'll be using that method anymore though. At this point I tend to buy clothes/shoes, then dolls and after that wigs and eyes.

(If you only have one) do your dolls ever feel boring? Do you lose interest in them because you don't spoil or customize them further with clothing?
      I've normally had two dolls in the house at the same time and even with that, it felt boring when I didn't have more than one outfit each for them.

I don't know if two counts as 'many', but it's as many as I've ever had at one time before and that is the number I am most happy with; I am one of those people who buys and buys and buys clothes/shoes over more dolls. If you give me $500, instead of going to buy a new doll I will go buy $500 worth of clothes lol. There are certain outfits I really like more than others, but I still like everything I've bought so I'm not too biased about changing out clothes/shoes/wigs/eyes. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't still own it! ;)

I think sometimes when I am not wanting to change a current look it is because just changing the outfit won't work in my mind, if I'm changing the clothes I'll most likely change the eyes and wig out too. Some wigs look better with one dress than another, which is part of why sometimes things don't strike me as not looking right.

Yes, I do both. I intentionally don't buy more dolls than the set two I want and I intentionally buy them a lot of dresses because in my mind, there is no such thing as too many frilly dresses. ;)

I realized that I find it much more fun to change outfits when I like, but after finding one outfit that I love, I find it so difficult to find another I like as much!! Does anyone else feel like this?
      I wish I had that problem! It would save me a lot of money, ahaha. There are just far too many outfits I like constantly being released (specially by a certain little group of favorite seamstresses of mine), not being able to find more outfits I like hasn't been an issue once I really focused on what it is I like.

18. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      I try to have a few different things for my dolls to wear, but honestly... I try to get each one a perfect outfit and 90% of the time that's what they stay in.

No. I love my dolls. I don't feel any of my dolls are totally perfected yet. I'll be very happy when I have one that looks exactly how I want. I like just having my dolls around. I don't get bored of any of them and I don't like my newest dolls better than my older dolls! I try to give them equal amounts of attention.

I have about two or three, but some things are just mix and matchy. I think having too many clothing is when you have clothing to the point that you have no use for it. I think that's pretty hard to do.

I only buy stuff I can see on my dolls. It has to suit them... with the exception of a hipster outfit I keep around for new dolls so they aren't nake-y while I'm acquiring clothing that suits them.

19. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?
      No, I like my boys to have a wide variety of clothes to mix and match :) I happened to chance upon the outfit I envisioned for Sen and snapped it out so...Sen got his 'default outfit' but his rarely in it.

Dolls...I guess not..me? Uh honestly yes. Losing interest? No, definately not. There are times where my budget just don't allow me to get any more clothings and thus they will be stuck in their old clothes for months. Alistair is currently stuck in his only jacket with the rest borrowed from Sen. Poor guy will have to make do for a few more weeks. X3
      I try to get two sets or more per doll if possible. I change them regularly. When you realise you have no more use for the others.
      Usually intententionally. When I chance upon a interesting piece of clothing, I'll question myself if I can ever see my characters in those. For sure, I can never see any of my boys in dresses or skirts so no matter how gorgeous they are, I'll never fall for the 'buy it now' button :)

20. Do you get one default outfit for your doll and then move on to the next or do you buy several different outfits for your dolls?

I could never have only one outfit for my dolls, I'd get very bored! Making clothes for them is pretty much my #1 way of enjoying them. I very rarely buy them clothes, only if I see something that is just perfect for them, but I love being able to make for them whatever I can think up, and have them have something that is completely unique and only for them!

Oh wow I really don't know how many they have. It depends on the doll too, my oldest is a complete clotheshorse- I have about...7 doll boxes full of clothes? And he alone easily fills about 3. I tried to organize the clothes based on which doll, but he just kept overtaking all the boxes xD And they share a lot too. I change them pretty regularly, but I do actually go through my clothes collection pretty often and take out what I don't like anymore-I go to a doll con twice a year and have a booth there and I have a little basket standing on a corner where I put whatever they don't wear anymore, and people can buy it for inexpensive prices-this way other people still enjoy what I don't use anymore, and I make back some money of things that otherwise would catch dust. I don't think there's such a thing as too many outfits. In fact, I think they have too little outfits-I want to make new things! Most do have an outfit I love most, but they don't always wear that one. *cough* ..often they also have matching shoes to their outfits. =.=;;; They are very spoiled indeed.

Well, I rarely buy..sometimes I plan to make things, but often I see a pretty fabric or just think 'hmm, so and so needs a new outfit', grab some fabric and make something.